Dr. Mary Mayo, MD

Dr. Mary Mayo, MD

Neurology  |
Female
Dr. Mary Mayo, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Santa Monica, CA. She has been practicing for 7 years.

1801 Wilshire Blvd # 100

Santa Monica, CA 90403

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Mayo

See how frequently Dr. Mayo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Alzheimer's Disease
Brain Disorders
Dementia

Dr. Mayo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology
  • Neurological Movement Disorders

Dr. Mayo does not have any board certifications listed.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Alzheimer's Disease With Early-Onset
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Dementia
  • Dementia - Parkinsonian
  • Dystonia
  • Essential Tremor
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Stroke
  • Syphilis Infections
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tremor
  • Vascular Dementia
  • Visual Field Defects

No malpractice history found for California.

• Cornell Univ
  • UCLA
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016
  • Fellowships in Movement Disorders and Dementia
    Other Education | Completed 2016

Dr. Mayo has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Mayo has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Mandarin

Dr. Mayo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mayo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mayo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mayo to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Mayo's Performance
in Los Angeles, CA |
I saw Dr. Mayo when I was experiencing a very odd symptoms of peripheral neuropathy. She helped diagnose and treat me appropriately and I am well on my way to recovery. She is smart, gregarious, empathetic and very available for questions. Her office staff is excellent. I under no hesitation would send any patient of mine or family member of mine to her care.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Mayo is a warm & caring Neurologist who took the time to answer all my questions, & go the extra mile to get the right diagnostic testing completed. I felt well taken care of and she got back to me in an appropriate amount of time for follow up questions. I would highly recommend her.
in Los Angeles, CA |
This is a bright, warm, sincere physician who readily establishes rapport with me. She listens to my questions and concerns, offers as much information as I ask for and supports me in a calming, patient manner. She includes my spouse in all interface and anawers his concerns as well. Whenever I email her, she's quick to respond. She's a caring problem solver.
Venice, CA |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Mayo and can't believe anyone would give her a poor review. She is nothing but caring. She asks many questions to determine potential reasons why something may be wrong and is straight to the point on on potential solutions to a problem. I have 100% confidence in her and wouldn't hesitate recommending Dr. May to someone who may have neurological issues.
in Studio City, CA |
Dr Mayo is a wonderful Neurologist. She is super smart, kind and very generous with her time and expertise. She is thorough and has a wonderful bedside manner. She understands what a patient goes through and is empathic, which is so important as so many neurological issues can be truly frightening. She took extra time to make sure I understood everything clearly and made sure I had all the info necessary to make informed decisions. I cannot recommend her enough.
in Newbury Park, CA |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Mayo. I saw her initially when she was a fellow at UCLA. My symptoms were not typical for my age,and my scans were rather inconclusive. She was extremely thorough in my exams and, unlike the attending physician who seemed to be dismissive since I did not seem to fall within any "diagnosis bucket," Dr. Mayo was persistent in her research of my symptoms and what could be causing them. She is easy to communicate with and responds to calls and emails promptly
Dr. Mayo is thorough and compassionate. Though my reason for seeing her was a traumatic event, she helped put me at ease and took time to answer my questions.
in Hawthorne, CA |
We love Dr. Mayo. She is extremely competent, genuinely concerned about the welfare of her patients and takes the time to listen to and address our concerns. Plus she is extremely responsive to urgent and non-standard items. I would and do recommend her.
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr Mayo is not just a great clinician but bedside manner is commendable as well. Nowadays, this is a very rare combination and hard to find. She's very thorough, never rushes us in our appointments, and very accommodating to every concerns and questions we've had. Overall an excellent physician.
Los Angeles, CA |
I have been seeing Dr. Mayo for several years. She is knowledgeable, compassionate, caring, very optimistic and always a delight to see. Often I arrive at my appointments feeling unwell. Dr. Mayo is always a tonic! Additionally, unlike so many doctors, she is open and approachable. I can always reach her when I need to and she responds almost immediately. I highly recommend her.
Santa Monica, CA |
Seeing Dr. Mayo was one of the worst experiences of my life. She told me I have "too many symptoms" and that I had to "pick the top 2 or 3". In other words, she refused to look at the entire clinical picture of my illness, so she was unable to make a diagnosis. Not only that, she didn't finish her report or refer me to another neurologist she said may be able to help. After phoning and emailing her several times over the next few weeks, I finally gave up on ever getting her to do anything. FAIL.
in Los Angeles, CA |
She is wonderful and takes time with you. She knows how to help you.
Have you seen Dr. Mary Mayo, MD?
Are you Dr. Mayo?