Dr. Mary Berg, MD

Dr. Mary Berg, MD

Psychiatry | Female

Pisgah Institute 158 Zillicoa St Asheville, NC 28801 Get Directions

Dr. Mary Berg, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Asheville, NC. She is 62 years old and has been practicing for 22 years.

Dr. Berg's Experience

See how Dr. Berg's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Berg

Dr. Berg accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Berg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Berg to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Berg's Performance
in Muncie, IN |
Dr Berg was very understanding an listened. To my history. Of issues of why my situation. Why the way it was. She didnt just. Take notes an change meds,she works with you. All Dr's are different. But you have to give them a chance. They have to try an figure out you as much as your wandering if they are right for you. Iv'e seen many Dr's an she's very solid an sincere giving the fact that you could end up with a Dr thats not concerned. An willing. To talk an listen an give advice,rate A#! ??????
I would not recommend her because she does not listen to family members that live with her patient 24/7. And most patients do not tell the complete story of their life. She is for medication review and to re-order medication. She is not a therapist. That is what my husband needed. On Thanksgivings 11-24-16 he killed himself w/ a .357 magnum w/ a hollow point to his forehead upright. I blame her for not listening to my letters to her. I may report her to NC Med. Soc.
Canton, NC |
I don't like to bash anybody, but I felt I needed to voice my opinion this time in a brief way. See anyone else than this woman. Anyone!
in Asheville, NC |
She was always very cold with a flat affect. I always had to guide the very short session and keep the conversation moving. She never once appeared to care and always made me feel uncomfortable. I always had to go into the session having done my homework on medications and what I thought I wanted to try next because I knew she wouldn't have any suggestions. I seriously worry about her patients that don't/can't advocate for themselves or do their own research. DO NOT SEE HER. She's the worst.
Not the doctor for me. I feel like she doesn't hear a word I say in the short time I see her and nothing seemed to get any better. I actually got better care from my primary care physician.
in Asheville, NC |
Complete lack of affect & cold nature. What are her stats are on patients lost to suicide? Many negative & similar comments about this doctor are gone. She makes it quite clear that she knows nothing about you, cares nothing about you, remembers nothing about you, doesn't review your chart, forgets your Rx, will ask again if you have a sister when you've reported she was killed at every visit, then chuckles, & makes cruel comments. A serious danger to patients.
in Lenoir, NC |
I feel as if Dr. Berg is working to help me reach my highest potential.
Have you seen Dr. Mary Berg, MD?
Are you Dr. Berg?

Compare Dr. Berg

Dr. Berg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University

Graduated in 1995

E Carolina University School Of Med

Dr. Berg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Berg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)