Dr. Mary Barber, MD

Dr. Mary Barber, MD

Dermatology | Female

Thank you taking the time to evaluate my staff and me on Healthgrades. Since leaving the Air Force in 1993 and starting private practice in Marion County, I have been committed to giving the best dermatology experience for the patient and their families. I have specialized in skin cancer diagnosis and treatment since 1995 when I became a fellow of the American Society for Mohs surgeons.

I have performed over 21,000 Mohs micrographic surgeries. My nurses, histotechnicians and front office staff are extremely well trained and personable. Our motto is Experience makes the difference.

I believe that by limiting my practice to skin cancer, our office is the best place for you to have you skin cancer diagnosed and treated. Second opinions welcomed.

Dr. Barber's Experience

See how Dr. Barber's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Barber

Dr. Barber's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barber to family and friends
Dr. Barber's Performance
Ashburn, VA |
Excellent experience. My Mohls surgery for a melanoma cancer on my face was performed at the Skin Cancer Center in the Summerfield office. I was greeted by a very friendly and professional staff. Dr. Barber was very personable and professional which helped me feel less stressful about the surgical procedure I was having. I would definitely recommend her to my neighbors and friends.
in Ocala, FL |
my experience was exceptional.
Winter Park, FL |
Very impressive practice. Well organized, very professional staff. Dr. Barber Took care of Basal Cell skin cancer on my nose. I'm very pleased with her and her entire stall. I would recommend her to anyone needing treatment.
in Summerfield, FL |
Dr. Barber, her assistant, Vanessa, and her whole staff are wonderful; very professional, and personable. I was seen on time and my MOHs surgery went well. Could not be more pleased.
in Ocala, FL |
She Did a Mohs procedure for me yesterday. Very impressed with her and her entire staff. would definitely recommend her to others.
Ocklawaha, FL |
I have had a couple of cancerous growths removed by Dr. Barber. Never any problems during or after surgery. Professional and friendly.
in Summerfield, FL |
Dr. Barber did exceptional surgery on my nose. She is caring and excellent at what she does. Her nurse Virginia is such a warm and good nurse as well. My family and friends are astonished at the outcome and others are not even aware that I had surgery. So many thanks to you Dr. Barber and your staff...
in Belleview, FL |
Dr. Barber is personable, professional, and competent. She spends as much time as necessary explaining exactly what she is doing and why. Her staff is the best. Her nurse Julia is knowledgeable and skilled, and makes patients comfortable. It's as pleasant a way to get holes cut in your skin as I can imagine.
in Ocala FL |
I had a good visit for my procedure. Everyone that I was involved with was very nice.
in Ocala, FL |
An outstanding experience. From the moment I talked to the receptionist, I knew this was a highly profession, yet friendly practice where the patient comes first. Excellent treatment by all staff, and Dr. Barber is a joy. Outgoing, friendly, and obviously very skilled. No one wants to have surgical procedures, but if Mohs surgery is necessary, this is the place to come.
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. Barber & her staff gets a 10, very excellent rating. Very professional and extremely friendly experience
in The Villages, Fl. |
Dr. Barber has always been extremely professional and courteous. She creates a very relaxing atmosphere for the patient.
in Ocala, FL |
Second of two visits to remove squamous cell carcinomas. Both visits were absolutely positive events in every respect. Clean facilities, conveniently located, courteous and competent people. Dr. Barber runs a medical practice like they all should be run.
Ocala, FL |
Caring professional. Expert in her field.
Lady Lake, FL |
I originally saw Dr. Barber for a second opinion. It didn't take me long to realize she would be my dermatologist from now on. The treatment I received was exceptional by Dr. Barber as well as her entire staff. This is a patient centered office that puts the needs of her patients first.
I like the entire Office! Theresa sales PA Phyllis the nurse assistant
in Lady Lake, FL |
Take in from the waiting room right on time. Thorough workup by Phillis. Excellent examination by Teresa. I was asked if we had anything that we wanted checked out. All our questions were answered, and everything was properly explained. Janice checked us out and made our next appointments for us. An excellent experience! What's not to like?
in Ocala, FL |
Very nice and professional, you can tell she is very care of her patients. I feel that I am very lucky to have Dr. Barber to treat me.
in Ocala, FL |
Today I had a procedure and I am very pleased. The entire office was friendly and professional. Dr. Barber was very friendly and kind and very proficient. My overall experience was great and I would recommend this Dr.to anyone!
in Hernando, FL |
Having had several skin cancer surgeries prior to and then after becoming Dr. Barber's patient, I would rate the skills and patient care provided by Dr. Barber and Theresa as being the best I've ever encountered. I highly recommend both of these dedicated professionals.
in Ocala, FL |
Very good, both the staff and doctor, not a lot of wait time.
in Ocala, FL |
Always a pleasant experience. Short waits, very professional and frendly
in The Villages, FL |
Have had 4 procedures with Dr. Barber since 2004. Good results each time.
in Ocala, FL |
she is very friendly and did a great job operating on my skin cancer
in The Villages, FL |
On time appointment. professional staff, and patient friendly surroundings.
in Lady Lake, fl |
Extremely timely and efficient! They are very friendly and thorough.
in Summerfield, FL |
I have been with Dr Barber for4 years. She along with her wonderful staff are so caring and treat you as the most important patient even though they have a full office.
in Dunnellon FL |
All the reasons listed below and the reassurance by the doctor and her staff. They made me feel so at ease it was almost a social visi.t
Gainesville, FL |
I have spent more than 50 years representing doctors and hospitals in the D.C. area defending their medical malpractice claims. Barber is easily the most competent physician I have ever known. Her office staff is as well highly competent. Their training and supervision is superior, and those things come from the top down. I have had three Mohs' procedures, my last one was by Dr. Barber. And, for one of the earlier ones, I can only say I wish I had known of Dr. Barber sooner.
in Ocala, FL |
Going into a Dr's office knowing you are about to undergo any type of surgery isn't how you want to start the day. Dr. Barber and her staff can immediately have you relaxed enough to release any tension you may have had upon arrival.I have always been treated by a true professional and a staff to match.Dr. Barber has taken care of my skin cancers the last couple of years. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a number one rated skin cancer surgeon.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Great Doctor and Staff. Appointment yesterday and saw Theresa, Satara, Phillis and Courtney, all who were very helpful , polite and informative. Have been going to this office for about ten years and find them very professional and concerned for their patients. I highly recommend Dr. Barber and her staff.
in Lady Lake FL |
They examined my body and especially my face and removed any suspicious areas. It was very thorough . I feel very healed. Thank you. Nancy Gilbert
in Summerfield, FL |
Outstanding in every respect. Always caring and considerate. Excellent Mohs surgeon. Her staff is also super--in particular -- Theresa, Phyllis, Vanessa, and Virginia.
in The Villages, FL |
Very considerate, kind and wonderful personality. Staff is great also
in Dunnellon, FL |
Dr. Barber and her entire staff are the perfect match for health care. My experience was seeing how the staff was so efficient, courteous, and had the right people skills. Great experience!
in Summerfield, FL |
This was my first visit with Dr. Barber. The office staff were friendly, efficient and well informed. The care and concern exhibited by Dr. Barber and the nurses helped put me at ease. I would recommend Dr. Barber to anyone needing specialized dermatology care.
in Beverly Hills, FL |
It has been my experience that almost all medical professionals consider their time priceless and a patient's time worthless. I have visited Dr. Barber's office four times and this attitude does not prevail here..my 2pm appointment today happened at 2pm ! Theresa and Courtney took the time to review my history before I got there so no wasted time there. Thank you for your professionalism, caring attitude and reassurance. See you next year.
in Ocala, FL |
Dr. Barber and her staff are excellent, professional, timely. Have been going to her for 3 years and very pleased with results.
in Beverly Hills, FL |
I'm very pleased with this practice. The facility is spotless. The staff are caring and courteous. I've never waited longer than 5 minutes past my appointment time, and often I've been taken before my appointment time. The staff and doctor give you as much time as you need and are happy to answer as many questions as you have. I highly recommend Dr. Barber and staff.
in Ocala, FL |
I have been coming for a number of years, and feel that I am in good hands. The staff is pleasant, professional and efficient.
in Belleview, FL |
She is kind, listens and makes suggestions, and her surgeries barely leave a scar. Her team is quick and efficient and also very kind.
in Dunnellon, FL |
Although going in to have some basal cell carcinoma removed, I have to say it was a very pleasant experienced. Very professional attitude but also warm and comforting. I felt at ease right away.
in The Villages FL |
Other Drs. offices could take a lesson from the way this office is run. The professionalism of the staff, the wait time is very short and in and out with kindness and respect. The physician assistant Ms Theresa is also awesome. thank you all for a great and speedy visit. Thank you
in Inverness, FL |
After 10 years of treatments elsewhere, I recently committed to the staff at the Skin Cancer Ctr. The civilized professionalism and attention to detail is incomparable. Although my next experience with MOHS is scheduled, I am totally comfortable that I am now getting the proper care I was looking for.
in The Villages |
We are thrilled with the professionalism, caring, and cleanliness I experienced yesterday during Melanoma removal. Would highly recommend. Received a call within 24 hrs. on how I was doing. Thrilled to report I am comfortable and doing well.
in Leesburg, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Barber and Theresa Saleh, PA-C to anyone of my friends who might need there skin checked out for cancer.
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. Barber and her staff were excellent. I would highly recommend this office and physician to anyone in need of dermatology surgery.
in Ocala, Florida |
My late husband was a patient of Dr. Barber and we were so happy with her care. When I found that I needed Mohs surgery, I knew I wanted Dr. Barber to do the surgery. I have been extremely happy with my care. In fact, I had a concern today about redness at the surgery site. Today is Saturday. I had an information sheet listing Dr. Barber's phone number in case of emergencies. I phoned, the phone rang once and she picked up. She answered my questions and decided to order an antibiotic.
Summerfield, FL |
Surgical skill is exceptional!
in The Villages, FL |
Following a referral, Dr Barber performed Mohs surgery on one side of my nose that required a small skin graft. The outcome was excellent, far better than my expectation. She also noticed a growth on the other side of my face that required treatment. She was very pleasant, even talkative, during all my appointments with her. Should I ever require further skin surgery, I will definitely return to her.
Have you seen Dr. Mary Barber, MD?
Are you Dr. Barber?

Compare Dr. Barber

}

Dr. Barber says...

Dr. Barber's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Barber has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Barber's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Facial Skin Cancer
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer

Graduated in 1980

• Other Education
    American Society Of Mohs Surgeons

Completed in 1995

Dr. Barber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology