Dr. Mary Barber, MD

Dr. Mary Barber, MD

Dermatology | Female | 58 years old

95 reviews| Leave a review

Dr. Barber specializes in Dermatology and practices in Ocala, FL. She practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Barber? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Barber's Experience

See how Dr. Barber's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Barber

Dr. Barber accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Barber's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barber to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Barber
Dr. Barber's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (89)
Lady Lake, FL |
I originally saw Dr. Barber for a second opinion. It didn't take me long to realize she would be my dermatologist from now on. The treatment I received was exceptional by Dr. Barber as well as her entire staff. This is a patient centered office that puts the needs of her patients first.
I like the entire Office! Theresa sales PA Phyllis the nurse assistant
in Lady Lake, FL |
Take in from the waiting room right on time. Thorough workup by Phillis. Excellent examination by Teresa. I was asked if we had anything that we wanted checked out. All our questions were answered, and everything was properly explained. Janice checked us out and made our next appointments for us. An excellent experience! What's not to like?
in Ocala, FL |
Very nice and professional, you can tell she is very care of her patients. I feel that I am very lucky to have Dr. Barber to treat me.
in Ocala, FL |
Today I had a procedure and I am very pleased. The entire office was friendly and professional. Dr. Barber was very friendly and kind and very proficient. My overall experience was great and I would recommend this Dr.to anyone!
in Hernando, FL |
Having had several skin cancer surgeries prior to and then after becoming Dr. Barber's patient, I would rate the skills and patient care provided by Dr. Barber and Theresa as being the best I've ever encountered. I highly recommend both of these dedicated professionals.
in Ocala, FL |
Very good, both the staff and doctor, not a lot of wait time.
in Ocala, FL |
Always a pleasant experience. Short waits, very professional and frendly
in The Villages, FL |
Have had 4 procedures with Dr. Barber since 2004. Good results each time.
in Ocala, FL |
she is very friendly and did a great job operating on my skin cancer
in The Villages, FL |
On time appointment. professional staff, and patient friendly surroundings.
in Lady Lake, fl |
Extremely timely and efficient! They are very friendly and thorough.
in Summerfield, FL |
I have been with Dr Barber for4 years. She along with her wonderful staff are so caring and treat you as the most important patient even though they have a full office.
in Dunnellon FL |
All the reasons listed below and the reassurance by the doctor and her staff. They made me feel so at ease it was almost a social visi.t
Gainesville, FL |
I have spent more than 50 years representing doctors and hospitals in the D.C. area defending their medical malpractice claims. Barber is easily the most competent physician I have ever known. Her office staff is as well highly competent. Their training and supervision is superior, and those things come from the top down. I have had three Mohs' procedures, my last one was by Dr. Barber. And, for one of the earlier ones, I can only say I wish I had known of Dr. Barber sooner.
in Ocala, FL |
Going into a Dr's office knowing you are about to undergo any type of surgery isn't how you want to start the day. Dr. Barber and her staff can immediately have you relaxed enough to release any tension you may have had upon arrival.I have always been treated by a true professional and a staff to match.Dr. Barber has taken care of my skin cancers the last couple of years. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a number one rated skin cancer surgeon.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Great Doctor and Staff. Appointment yesterday and saw Theresa, Satara, Phillis and Courtney, all who were very helpful , polite and informative. Have been going to this office for about ten years and find them very professional and concerned for their patients. I highly recommend Dr. Barber and her staff.
in Lady Lake FL |
They examined my body and especially my face and removed any suspicious areas. It was very thorough . I feel very healed. Thank you. Nancy Gilbert
in Summerfield, FL |
Outstanding in every respect. Always caring and considerate. Excellent Mohs surgeon. Her staff is also super--in particular -- Theresa, Phyllis, Vanessa, and Virginia.
in The Villages, FL |
Very considerate, kind and wonderful personality. Staff is great also
in Dunnellon, FL |
Dr. Barber and her entire staff are the perfect match for health care. My experience was seeing how the staff was so efficient, courteous, and had the right people skills. Great experience!
in Summerfield, FL |
This was my first visit with Dr. Barber. The office staff were friendly, efficient and well informed. The care and concern exhibited by Dr. Barber and the nurses helped put me at ease. I would recommend Dr. Barber to anyone needing specialized dermatology care.
Ocala, FL |
Dr. Barber has cared for our skin care needs for 6 years. Professional, good care, great staff. Theresa Saleh, PA-C and Phyllis are thorough and courteous.
in Beverly Hills, FL |
It has been my experience that almost all medical professionals consider their time priceless and a patient's time worthless. I have visited Dr. Barber's office four times and this attitude does not prevail here..my 2pm appointment today happened at 2pm ! Theresa and Courtney took the time to review my history before I got there so no wasted time there. Thank you for your professionalism, caring attitude and reassurance. See you next year.
in Ocala, FL |
Dr. Barber and her staff are excellent, professional, timely. Have been going to her for 3 years and very pleased with results.
in Beverly Hills, FL |
I'm very pleased with this practice. The facility is spotless. The staff are caring and courteous. I've never waited longer than 5 minutes past my appointment time, and often I've been taken before my appointment time. The staff and doctor give you as much time as you need and are happy to answer as many questions as you have. I highly recommend Dr. Barber and staff.
in Ocala, FL |
I have been coming for a number of years, and feel that I am in good hands. The staff is pleasant, professional and efficient.
in Belleview, FL |
She is kind, listens and makes suggestions, and her surgeries barely leave a scar. Her team is quick and efficient and also very kind.
in Dunnellon, FL |
Although going in to have some basal cell carcinoma removed, I have to say it was a very pleasant experienced. Very professional attitude but also warm and comforting. I felt at ease right away.
in The Villages FL |
Other Drs. offices could take a lesson from the way this office is run. The professionalism of the staff, the wait time is very short and in and out with kindness and respect. The physician assistant Ms Theresa is also awesome. thank you all for a great and speedy visit. Thank you
in Inverness, FL |
After 10 years of treatments elsewhere, I recently committed to the staff at the Skin Cancer Ctr. The civilized professionalism and attention to detail is incomparable. Although my next experience with MOHS is scheduled, I am totally comfortable that I am now getting the proper care I was looking for.
in The Villages |
We are thrilled with the professionalism, caring, and cleanliness I experienced yesterday during Melanoma removal. Would highly recommend. Received a call within 24 hrs. on how I was doing. Thrilled to report I am comfortable and doing well.
in Leesburg, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Barber and Theresa Saleh, PA-C to anyone of my friends who might need there skin checked out for cancer.
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. Barber and her staff were excellent. I would highly recommend this office and physician to anyone in need of dermatology surgery.
in Ocala, Florida |
My late husband was a patient of Dr. Barber and we were so happy with her care. When I found that I needed Mohs surgery, I knew I wanted Dr. Barber to do the surgery. I have been extremely happy with my care. In fact, I had a concern today about redness at the surgery site. Today is Saturday. I had an information sheet listing Dr. Barber's phone number in case of emergencies. I phoned, the phone rang once and she picked up. She answered my questions and decided to order an antibiotic.
Summerfield, FL |
Surgical skill is exceptional!
in The Villages, FL |
Following a referral, Dr Barber performed Mohs surgery on one side of my nose that required a small skin graft. The outcome was excellent, far better than my expectation. She also noticed a growth on the other side of my face that required treatment. She was very pleasant, even talkative, during all my appointments with her. Should I ever require further skin surgery, I will definitely return to her.
in Lady Lake, FL |
I have not gotten the chance to meet Dr. Barber yet. I have seen Theresa Saleh and I think she is very good at inspecting my body. She is friendly beyond anybody I have met in the medical field. I really hope I don't have to meet Dr. Barber because that means I am cancer free.
in summerfield fl |
Everyone in this office was very friendly and professional. They all acknowledged your presence with a smile. I was treated with kindness and their actions made me feel very comfortable during my surgery. I have been in many Drs. offices and this rates the highest praise of any.
in Ocala, fla 34479 |
I would recommend to all of friends and family. She and her staff are a wonderful team, so pleasant to be around, they make you feel like family. I highly recommend them.
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. Barber and her staff are A-1. Very kind, efficient, keep the patient's comfort in mind. The office is always clean and I have no worries about infection as I have in other dermatologist's offices. If you need a dermatologist, I highly recommend dr. Barber.
Very caring staff.
in Ocala, FL |
Very pleased with Dr. Barber and her staff. Would recommend her. Had two Mohs procedures done within a 5 week period. They call you the next day to see how you are doing.
in Ocala, FL |
I have had the Mohs procedure done on two different occasions in Dr. Barber's Ocala Office. I have always been treated with optimal skill by the Doctor and have also admired the quality of care given me by her support staff as well.
in The Villages FL |
Been a patient with her practice for several years. Always pleasant, considerate and professional
in Weirsdale, Fl |
Have had 4 Mohs surgery , from Dr. Barbara, her and her staff, are very patient, very caring, they take the time to explain, never any complications, and they are there to follow up.
in Crystal River florida |
very considerate staff, professional, The Doctor was very nice and caring and
in Ocala, FL |
I find Dr. Barber to be a true professional and caring doctor. I recommend her highly.
in Summerfield, Fl |
She picked up on a critically low platelet count on me that could have been really bad .. She is also an excellent surgeon. Very nice person also.
in Summerfield, FL |
Although sometimes hard to get an appointment, once there excellent treatment by excellent people including Dr. Barber, Theresa Saleh, and Phyllis. You always feel welcome!
Have you seen Dr. Mary Barber, MD?
Are you Dr. Barber?

Compare Dr. Barber

Dr. Barber's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Barber has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Barber's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Facial Skin Cancer
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer

Graduated in 1980

• Other Education
    American Society Of Mohs Surgeons

Completed in 1995

Dr. Barber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology