Dermatology  |
Dr. Mary Barber, MD
Thank you taking the time to evaluate my staff and me on Healthgrades. Since leaving the Air Force in 1993 and starting private practice in Marion County, I have been committed to giving the best dermatology experience for the patient and their families. I have specialized in skin cancer diagnosis and treatment since 1995 when I became a fellow of the American Society for Mohs surgeons. I have performed over 21,000 Mohs micrographic surgeries. My nurses, histotechnicians and front office staff are extremely well trained and personable. Our motto is Experience makes the difference. I believe that by limiting my practice to skin cancer, our office is the best place for you to have you skin cancer diagnosed and treated. Second opinions welcomed.

3210 SW 33rd Rd Ste 100

Ocala, FL 34474

Dr. Mary Barber, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Barber

Dr. Barber's Experience

Dr. Barber's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Facial Skin Cancer
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer

• Wilford Hall Usaf Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • American Society Of Mohs Surgeons
    Other Education | Completed 1995

Dr. Barber has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Barber's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barber to family and friends
Dr. Barber's Performance
Ocala, FL |
My experience was great, my nurse's name was Satara she was great and very informative with my care. I had a wonderful experience at the Ocala office today for my skin check. I look forward to coming back and would recommend Dr. Barber and her staff to anyone. Satara and Theresa were great I really had a new health experience and was given a thorough exam and they both really cared about my concerns. Thanks Satara and Theresa I enjoyed my visit today!
in Lady Lake, FL |
I am so glad I was referred to Dr. Barber"s practice. It was supposed to be a second opinion visit. I was so impressed with Dr. Barber and her staff, I have remained a patient. I have had two surgeries performed by Dr. Barber. She and her staff are professional, caring and well qualified.
in Dunnellon, FL |
Dr Barber is excellent and her staff are friendly and efficient. Theresa Saleh is superb and very thorough. She puts patients at ease during exam. I highly recommend this very professional staff!
in The Villages, FL. |
Dr Barber is extremely personable and a competent, caring and compassionate surgeon. Her treatment of my wife and I is beyond great. Thank you Dr. Barber.. Dr. Barber's PA, Theresa Saleh, sees me and does a thorough exam every time. Thank you Theresa.
in Ocala, FL |
The staff is all very kind. I had a cosmetic treatment with Casandra, ARNP and she was wonderful. She listened to my concerns and I am very happy with my results. My husband has history of Melanoma and has his skin exams with this office, we are both very pleased with our care and experiences here.
in Ocala, FL |
I have been seeing Theresa, PA for skin checks for a few years and the whole staff is wonderful. Very professional and friendly environment.
Belleview, FL |
Not overly please with this office. I found this office to have cold personalities. I was never informed on what to wear or expect. I have never been to have all my moles checked so I didn't know what to expect. I wore long shorts, so they didn't check below the waist or above the knee for moles. I did inform them that melanoma, carcinoma and basil cells run in the family and that I have had cancer cells removed from a mole on my shoulder. I will not return!
in Summerfield, FL |
the only reason I stay with my present med insurance is Dr. Barber accepts it. Friendly caring staff
in The Villages, FL |
Your staff is top-notch. Very friendly. They listen well and explain everything. Give them a raise!
in Ocala, FL |
I have a total of five procedures by Dr. Barber and her great staff. Two of my procedures were Moh's surgeries. All of my procedures were pain free. Dr. Barber and her PA Theresa are the best at what they do. The atmosphere in the office is just wonderful, every one is friendly and professional. I would give this practice the highest marks.
in Ocala, FL |
I have seen Dr Barber on numerous occasions. She is professional and caring; and I could not be more satisfied.
in Beverly Hills, FL |
Ocala Skin Cancer Center has taken excellent care of myself and my wife since we were referred to them for me to have a basil cell removed....but more then that i trust them....thank you
in Ocala, FL |
I have been going to Dr Barber for over 4 years and she is one of the best dermatologists I have experienced, and unfortunately, I have needed a few in my years. Her staff is super, friendly, compassionate and very caring. Theresa is very thorough in her evaluation and if she finds anything of concern, addresses it immediately and if needed, refers me to Dr. Barber. Thankfully, she has removed several cancers and I have had clean check ups the last year and a half. I recommend Dr Barber 100%
in Ocala, FL |
Dr. Barber and her most professional team have been my dermatology care givers for over 12 years. They are exceptional. office visits are prompt and thorough. Recommend them most highly.
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. Barber and staff are very thorough, professional and courteous. The facilities are pleasing and clean. Years of experience with dermatologists make me realize how fortunate I am to have found The Skin Cancer Center of Central Florida.
in Lady Lake, Florida |
Was very pleased with my first visit to Dr. Barber's office. Saw Theresa, her PA, and she was very thorough. Very friendly and professional office. Will definitely return.
in The Villages |
Thorough, friendly and efficient!
Ocala, FL |
Doctor Barber and her staff are excellent. Their gentle touch, including verbal makes the experience much less stressful. The after care plan was prepared prior to departure so the follow up appointments were easy to make. Just finished with my 8AM follow up appointment this morning and it was on time and excellent
in Summerfield, FL |
A very pleasant experience with Cassandra Ricci, ARNP and her assistant, Juany. Was apprehensive about a couple mole looking growths and, after Cassandra did an exam, she put my mind at ease. Would highly recommend the Skin Cancer Center.
in Ocala, FL |
Dr. Barber is the best. She makes you feel at ease, gives you a total description of what is going to be done and lets you know that she cares about your well being. Her staff from the front desk to check out is one of the best I have ever encountered.
in The Villages, fl. |
Dr. Barber and staff were very caring and made you feel comfortable. They gave clear instructions as to the care of wound.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Was treated by Cassandra Ricci. Very professional, yet set a relaxing atmosphere.
in Belleview, FL |
I saw the ARNP and PA-C both were great. their assistants were wonderful. matter of fact the whole office staff I had dealings with were so nice. I would recommend them highly.
Ocala, FL |
I believe that the whole group may well have been responsible for saving my life. They diagnosed and removed a fast growing tumor that had been missed by my previous doctor. The whole thing was done very well by all involved . Special shout out for Doctor Barber ,Casandra and Courtney.
in The Villages, Florida |
Just wanted to say what a wonderful & comfortable experience we had in Dr.Barber's office!! My husband was the patient, and we had a 7:30 am appt. We didn't wait long before he was called in! The whole procedure could have taken up to three hours, but my husband was lucky today, she got everything out on the first try! We were told how to treat his wound & made a follow up appointment, and were out before 9 am. I really want to compliment Dr. Barber and her staff for their effeciency & caring!
Belleview, FL |
Dr. Barber and her whole staff were all very nice and they treated me so Great there. Thank you all for your kindness.
in Ocala, FL |
Never have I experienced a Doctor's office with more efficiency. Doctor's help went overboard with explaining what was being done & why!
Summerfield, FL |
Best care I have had for skin cancer in Florida friendly and caring staff explains every step of care before the procedure
in The Villages, FL |
I am a new patient and had MOH'S procedure recently. Dr. Barber was thorough and patient with me. Virginia and the entire staff was extremely professional and made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Most important, it was a painless procedure. I highly recommend this practice.
in Summerfield, FL |
My experience was very satisfying. The expertise by Cassandra ARNP and her assistant (who gave the shots for numbing the area) was professional. I was quite nervous but was put at ease by the assistant because the numbing process can set the tone and she was excellent it was followed up by Cassandra's skill. I commend both ladies!
in Umatilla, FL |
Great place with cheerful, efficient and professional staff, and most importantly, they listen to your concerns about treatment options.
Apopka, FL |
This is one doctor you want to avoid, been a year and a half and the job she did still doesn't look good. The person she put in charge to take care of a fresh wound abused it the day after surgery. I have been told the only thing to do is to have it done over. She told me after four months there was nothing else she could do. That was it get used to it and forget about it. Very poor bedside manner. I am not the only one dissatisfied. Be careful who you pick if you need MOHs surgery.
in Lady Lake, FL |
This is great office...staff is very friendly and caring. Mary does a fantastic job or removing and stitching up a surgery site. I've yet to have any noticeable scarring from surgeries. Highly recommended!
Ashburn, VA |
Excellent experience. My Mohls surgery for a melanoma cancer on my face was performed at the Skin Cancer Center in the Summerfield office. I was greeted by a very friendly and professional staff. Dr. Barber was very personable and professional which helped me feel less stressful about the surgical procedure I was having. I would definitely recommend her to my neighbors and friends.
in Ocala, FL |
my experience was exceptional.
Winter Park, FL |
Very impressive practice. Well organized, very professional staff. Dr. Barber Took care of Basal Cell skin cancer on my nose. I'm very pleased with her and her entire stall. I would recommend her to anyone needing treatment.
in Summerfield, FL |
Dr. Barber, her assistant, Vanessa, and her whole staff are wonderful; very professional, and personable. I was seen on time and my MOHs surgery went well. Could not be more pleased.
in Ocala, FL |
She Did a Mohs procedure for me yesterday. Very impressed with her and her entire staff. would definitely recommend her to others.
Ocklawaha, FL |
I have had a couple of cancerous growths removed by Dr. Barber. Never any problems during or after surgery. Professional and friendly.
in Summerfield, FL |
Dr. Barber did exceptional surgery on my nose. She is caring and excellent at what she does. Her nurse Virginia is such a warm and good nurse as well. My family and friends are astonished at the outcome and others are not even aware that I had surgery. So many thanks to you Dr. Barber and your staff...
in Belleview, FL |
Dr. Barber is personable, professional, and competent. She spends as much time as necessary explaining exactly what she is doing and why. Her staff is the best. Her nurse Julia is knowledgeable and skilled, and makes patients comfortable. It's as pleasant a way to get holes cut in your skin as I can imagine.
in Ocala FL |
I had a good visit for my procedure. Everyone that I was involved with was very nice.
in Ocala, FL |
An outstanding experience. From the moment I talked to the receptionist, I knew this was a highly profession, yet friendly practice where the patient comes first. Excellent treatment by all staff, and Dr. Barber is a joy. Outgoing, friendly, and obviously very skilled. No one wants to have surgical procedures, but if Mohs surgery is necessary, this is the place to come.
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. Barber & her staff gets a 10, very excellent rating. Very professional and extremely friendly experience
in The Villages, Fl. |
Dr. Barber has always been extremely professional and courteous. She creates a very relaxing atmosphere for the patient.
in Ocala, FL |
Second of two visits to remove squamous cell carcinomas. Both visits were absolutely positive events in every respect. Clean facilities, conveniently located, courteous and competent people. Dr. Barber runs a medical practice like they all should be run.
Ocala, FL |
Caring professional. Expert in her field.
I like the entire Office! Theresa sales PA Phyllis the nurse assistant
in Lady Lake, FL |
Take in from the waiting room right on time. Thorough workup by Phillis. Excellent examination by Teresa. I was asked if we had anything that we wanted checked out. All our questions were answered, and everything was properly explained. Janice checked us out and made our next appointments for us. An excellent experience! What's not to like?
in Ocala, FL |
Very nice and professional, you can tell she is very care of her patients. I feel that I am very lucky to have Dr. Barber to treat me.
Have you seen Dr. Mary Barber, MD?
Are you Dr. Barber?

Visit Dr. Barber

Dr. Barber accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.