Dr. Mary Barber, MD

Dermatology | Female

Dr. Mary Barber, MD

Thank you taking the time to evaluate my staff and me on Healthgrades. Since leaving the Air Force in 1993 and starting private practice in Marion County, I have been committed to giving the best dermatology experience for the patient and their families. I have specialized in skin cancer diagnosis and treatment since 1995 when I became a fellow of the American Society for Mohs surgeons. I have performed over 21,000 Mohs micrographic surgeries. My nurses, histotechnicians and front office staff are extremely well trained and personable. Our motto is Experience makes the difference. I believe that by limiting my practice to skin cancer, our office is the best place for you to have you skin cancer diagnosed and treated. Second opinions welcomed.

...See Less

Dr. Barber's Experience

See how Dr. Barber's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Barber

Dr. Barber accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Barber is now accepting new patients

Dr. Barber's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barber to family and friends
Dr. Barber's Performance
in The Villages |
Thorough, friendly and efficient!
Ocala, FL |
Doctor Barber and her staff are excellent. Their gentle touch, including verbal makes the experience much less stressful. The after care plan was prepared prior to departure so the follow up appointments were easy to make. Just finished with my 8AM follow up appointment this morning and it was on time and excellent
in Summerfield, FL |
A very pleasant experience with Cassandra Ricci, ARNP and her assistant, Juany. Was apprehensive about a couple mole looking growths and, after Cassandra did an exam, she put my mind at ease. Would highly recommend the Skin Cancer Center.
in Ocala, FL |
Dr. Barber is the best. She makes you feel at ease, gives you a total description of what is going to be done and lets you know that she cares about your well being. Her staff from the front desk to check out is one of the best I have ever encountered.
in The Villages, fl. |
Dr. Barber and staff were very caring and made you feel comfortable. They gave clear instructions as to the care of wound.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Was treated by Cassandra Ricci. Very professional, yet set a relaxing atmosphere.
in Belleview, FL |
I saw the ARNP and PA-C both were great. their assistants were wonderful. matter of fact the whole office staff I had dealings with were so nice. I would recommend them highly.
Ocala, FL |
I believe that the whole group may well have been responsible for saving my life. They diagnosed and removed a fast growing tumor that had been missed by my previous doctor. The whole thing was done very well by all involved . Special shout out for Doctor Barber ,Casandra and Courtney.
in The Villages, Florida |
Just wanted to say what a wonderful & comfortable experience we had in Dr.Barber's office!! My husband was the patient, and we had a 7:30 am appt. We didn't wait long before he was called in! The whole procedure could have taken up to three hours, but my husband was lucky today, she got everything out on the first try! We were told how to treat his wound & made a follow up appointment, and were out before 9 am. I really want to compliment Dr. Barber and her staff for their effeciency & caring!
Belleview, FL |
Dr. Barber and her whole staff were all very nice and they treated me so Great there. Thank you all for your kindness.
in Ocala, FL |
Never have I experienced a Doctor's office with more efficiency. Doctor's help went overboard with explaining what was being done & why!
Summerfield, FL |
Best care I have had for skin cancer in Florida friendly and caring staff explains every step of care before the procedure
in The Villages, FL |
I am a new patient and had MOH'S procedure recently. Dr. Barber was thorough and patient with me. Virginia and the entire staff was extremely professional and made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Most important, it was a painless procedure. I highly recommend this practice.
in Summerfield, FL |
My experience was very satisfying. The expertise by Cassandra ARNP and her assistant (who gave the shots for numbing the area) was professional. I was quite nervous but was put at ease by the assistant because the numbing process can set the tone and she was excellent it was followed up by Cassandra's skill. I commend both ladies!
in Umatilla, FL |
Great place with cheerful, efficient and professional staff, and most importantly, they listen to your concerns about treatment options.
Apopka, FL |
This is one doctor you want to avoid, been a year and a half and the job she did still doesn't look good. The person she put in charge to take care of a fresh wound abused it the day after surgery. I have been told the only thing to do is to have it done over. She told me after four months there was nothing else she could do. That was it get used to it and forget about it. Very poor bedside manner. I am not the only one dissatisfied. Be careful who you pick if you need MOHs surgery.
in Lady Lake, FL |
This is great office...staff is very friendly and caring. Mary does a fantastic job or removing and stitching up a surgery site. I've yet to have any noticeable scarring from surgeries. Highly recommended!
Ashburn, VA |
Excellent experience. My Mohls surgery for a melanoma cancer on my face was performed at the Skin Cancer Center in the Summerfield office. I was greeted by a very friendly and professional staff. Dr. Barber was very personable and professional which helped me feel less stressful about the surgical procedure I was having. I would definitely recommend her to my neighbors and friends.
in Ocala, FL |
my experience was exceptional.
Winter Park, FL |
Very impressive practice. Well organized, very professional staff. Dr. Barber Took care of Basal Cell skin cancer on my nose. I'm very pleased with her and her entire stall. I would recommend her to anyone needing treatment.
in Summerfield, FL |
Dr. Barber, her assistant, Vanessa, and her whole staff are wonderful; very professional, and personable. I was seen on time and my MOHs surgery went well. Could not be more pleased.
in Ocala, FL |
She Did a Mohs procedure for me yesterday. Very impressed with her and her entire staff. would definitely recommend her to others.
Ocklawaha, FL |
I have had a couple of cancerous growths removed by Dr. Barber. Never any problems during or after surgery. Professional and friendly.
in Summerfield, FL |
Dr. Barber did exceptional surgery on my nose. She is caring and excellent at what she does. Her nurse Virginia is such a warm and good nurse as well. My family and friends are astonished at the outcome and others are not even aware that I had surgery. So many thanks to you Dr. Barber and your staff...
in Belleview, FL |
Dr. Barber is personable, professional, and competent. She spends as much time as necessary explaining exactly what she is doing and why. Her staff is the best. Her nurse Julia is knowledgeable and skilled, and makes patients comfortable. It's as pleasant a way to get holes cut in your skin as I can imagine.
in Ocala FL |
I had a good visit for my procedure. Everyone that I was involved with was very nice.
in Ocala, FL |
An outstanding experience. From the moment I talked to the receptionist, I knew this was a highly profession, yet friendly practice where the patient comes first. Excellent treatment by all staff, and Dr. Barber is a joy. Outgoing, friendly, and obviously very skilled. No one wants to have surgical procedures, but if Mohs surgery is necessary, this is the place to come.
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. Barber & her staff gets a 10, very excellent rating. Very professional and extremely friendly experience
in The Villages, Fl. |
Dr. Barber has always been extremely professional and courteous. She creates a very relaxing atmosphere for the patient.
in Ocala, FL |
Second of two visits to remove squamous cell carcinomas. Both visits were absolutely positive events in every respect. Clean facilities, conveniently located, courteous and competent people. Dr. Barber runs a medical practice like they all should be run.
Ocala, FL |
Caring professional. Expert in her field.
Lady Lake, FL |
I originally saw Dr. Barber for a second opinion. It didn't take me long to realize she would be my dermatologist from now on. The treatment I received was exceptional by Dr. Barber as well as her entire staff. This is a patient centered office that puts the needs of her patients first.
I like the entire Office! Theresa sales PA Phyllis the nurse assistant
in Lady Lake, FL |
Take in from the waiting room right on time. Thorough workup by Phillis. Excellent examination by Teresa. I was asked if we had anything that we wanted checked out. All our questions were answered, and everything was properly explained. Janice checked us out and made our next appointments for us. An excellent experience! What's not to like?
in Ocala, FL |
Very nice and professional, you can tell she is very care of her patients. I feel that I am very lucky to have Dr. Barber to treat me.
in Ocala, FL |
Today I had a procedure and I am very pleased. The entire office was friendly and professional. Dr. Barber was very friendly and kind and very proficient. My overall experience was great and I would recommend this Dr.to anyone!
in Hernando, FL |
Having had several skin cancer surgeries prior to and then after becoming Dr. Barber's patient, I would rate the skills and patient care provided by Dr. Barber and Theresa as being the best I've ever encountered. I highly recommend both of these dedicated professionals.
in Ocala, FL |
Very good, both the staff and doctor, not a lot of wait time.
in Ocala, FL |
Always a pleasant experience. Short waits, very professional and frendly
in The Villages, FL |
Have had 4 procedures with Dr. Barber since 2004. Good results each time.
in Ocala, FL |
she is very friendly and did a great job operating on my skin cancer
in The Villages, FL |
On time appointment. professional staff, and patient friendly surroundings.
in Lady Lake, fl |
Extremely timely and efficient! They are very friendly and thorough.
in Summerfield, FL |
I have been with Dr Barber for4 years. She along with her wonderful staff are so caring and treat you as the most important patient even though they have a full office.
in Dunnellon FL |
All the reasons listed below and the reassurance by the doctor and her staff. They made me feel so at ease it was almost a social visi.t
Gainesville, FL |
I have spent more than 50 years representing doctors and hospitals in the D.C. area defending their medical malpractice claims. Barber is easily the most competent physician I have ever known. Her office staff is as well highly competent. Their training and supervision is superior, and those things come from the top down. I have had three Mohs' procedures, my last one was by Dr. Barber. And, for one of the earlier ones, I can only say I wish I had known of Dr. Barber sooner.
in Ocala, FL |
Going into a Dr's office knowing you are about to undergo any type of surgery isn't how you want to start the day. Dr. Barber and her staff can immediately have you relaxed enough to release any tension you may have had upon arrival.I have always been treated by a true professional and a staff to match.Dr. Barber has taken care of my skin cancers the last couple of years. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a number one rated skin cancer surgeon.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Great Doctor and Staff. Appointment yesterday and saw Theresa, Satara, Phillis and Courtney, all who were very helpful , polite and informative. Have been going to this office for about ten years and find them very professional and concerned for their patients. I highly recommend Dr. Barber and her staff.
in Lady Lake FL |
They examined my body and especially my face and removed any suspicious areas. It was very thorough . I feel very healed. Thank you. Nancy Gilbert
in Summerfield, FL |
Outstanding in every respect. Always caring and considerate. Excellent Mohs surgeon. Her staff is also super--in particular -- Theresa, Phyllis, Vanessa, and Virginia.
Have you seen Dr. Mary Barber, MD?
Are you Dr. Barber?

Compare Dr. Barber

Dr. Barber says...

Dr. Barber's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Barber has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Barber's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Facial Skin Cancer
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer

Graduated in 1980

• Other Education
    American Society Of Mohs Surgeons

Completed in 1995

Dr. Barber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology