Dr. Martin Shapiro, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Martin Shapiro, MD

Dr. Martin Shapiro, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Branford, CT. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 38 years.

Dr. Shapiro's Experience

See how Dr. Shapiro's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shapiro

Dr. Shapiro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shapiro to family and friends
Dr. Shapiro's Performance
Milford CT |
I have been a patient of Dr Shapiro for over 35 years and absolutely love him! Dr. Shapiro is extremely knowledgeable and professional and is always willing to go above and beyond to help his patients.
in Orange, CT |
I have been going to Dr. Shapiro for over 20 years and have always had a positive experience.
West Haven ct |
My daughter has been seeing Dr Shapiro for several years now he is kind and thorough he explains everything perfectly! I would not bring her anywhere else. I myself saw Dr Shapiro yesterday. I do not wear glasses but my eyes are changing with age. He gave me all options. I am so impressed with him and his staff. I can actually say it was a pleasure getting my exam.
in Shelton, CT |
I have been going to Dr. Shapiro for many years. He has taken good care of me and makes me feel good about coming in. I do a yearly checkup and if I don't really need a new prescription for my glasses he does not push one on me. He has a very gentle manner and is very soft spoken. I highly recommend him and his staff in either Milford or the Orange office since they are closest to me. I had to cancel my appointment and the staff helped to accommodate my schedule for a new appointment.
West Haven, CT |
Dr. Shapiro is an excellent physician. He always informs me of every part of my eye examination. After the exam, he will always ask for any questions that I may have. I never feel rushed. I once had an emergency situation with one of my eyes and was leaving the next day for the weekend to attend a wedding and even though his schedule was full he took the time to see me the same day so that i would be able to leave and treat my eye accordingly.
in orange, ct |
Dr. Shapiro provided excellent attention on my past visit for examination and glass formula.
in Hamden, CT |
I am a type 1 Juvenile diabetic and it is very assuring to know I have Dr. Shapiro as my eye doctor. He explains everything he does and lets me know the overall health of my vision as it relates to me diabetes. I would recommend Dr. Shapiro to anyone seeking vision care.
Milford, CT |
My parents both see him and I have been seeing him for some time now as well. He's very pleasant and listens. Definitely thorough which is great.
I have been a patient of Dr. Shapiro for many years. He explains everything thoroughly. Going in to my visit, today, I did not know much about progressive lenses. Coming out, I felt confident of everything I needed to know to make a proper decision. I would highly recommend him. I feel he always takes the time to answer my questions.
in Shelton, CT |
I have been a patient of Dr. Shapiro for a very long time. He also treats my entire family. Dr Shapiro has been able to effectively diagnose and treat severe episodes of uveitis, as well as being knowledgeable in Duane's Syndrome. I would highly recommend him.
Milford, Ct |
Great DOctor. Quickest appointment ever too.
Have you seen Dr. Martin Shapiro, MD?
Are you Dr. Shapiro?

Compare Dr. Shapiro

Dr. Shapiro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Shapiro has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shapiro's Board Certifications

• Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Beth Israel Hosp

Completed in 1980

Wash U-Barnes Hosp

Completed in 1983

Dr. Shapiro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shapiro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology