Psychiatry  |
Dr. Martha St John, MD
Dr. Martha St John, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Houston, TX. She is 41 years old and has been practicing for 15 years.

11767 Katy Fwy Ste 364

Houston, TX 77079

• Magellan Health Services

Learn about Dr. St John

See how frequently Dr. St John performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ADHD and-or ADD
Anxiety
Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. St John's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. St John "Compassionate. Individualized. Evidence-based. Patients are listed to carefully because their/your stories are the basis for making the diagnosis. I utilize questionnaires to validate my assessments. My approach to treatment is thoughtful, rational, and based on available research. When indicated, psychotropic genetic testing is ordered to help guide treatment selection or dosing. I treat all psychiatric conditions but specialize in treatment resistant depression. www.doctorstjohn.com"

• Psychiatry
  • Interventional Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Depression
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Factitious Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

• Rice University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1998
  • University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • University Of Texas Health Science Center At Houston
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. St John has no media or publications listed.

Dr. St John does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. St John and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. St John's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. St John to family and friends
Dr. St John's Performance
Don't come to this office unless you wanted to be treated like a criminal! Only after being charged was I informed that I would be required to take a drug test before leaving & every 3 months from there out! Since when is it ok to treat people with a mental illness like a criminal?! At least inform people before they waste their time & money that they will be treated like a criminal regularly! Would you make someone with diabetes & no previous drug history take drug tests to get their meds?!
in Houston, TX |
She is very compassionate and listens to me I have been seeing her for several years and although she is not on my insurance and I have to pay full amount I don't mind at all!
in Wharton, TX |
Excellent provider. I appreciate it that she wants to set goals for improvement for my medication and mental health.
in Houston, TX |
I have only had my initial visit with Dr. St. John but was very pleased with her. I felt very comfortable with her and am looking forward to working with her.
Very Professional
in Katy, Texas |
I am very blessed to have Dr. St John as my Psychiatrist. I have been seeing Dr. St John for over 11 years and she is very easy to talk to, a great listener, and very professional. I highly recommend Dr. St John!!
in Houston, TX |
She would not take me as a patient since i wanted to pay cash and bill my insurance myself.
in Houston, TX |
Very knowledgeable. I highly recommend. She wants to make the person better so they can live a full life.
in Houston, TX |
Not happy at all today. I called the Assistant over a week and a half ago to let her know I was running out of meds. We even discussed the fact the Express Scripts wouldn't refill it because they needed the doctor to call in. I ran out of meds on Friday. I called an left a message this morning to let them know I was off meds and not happy. She had the nerve to call me back and tell me she didn't get the message. MESSAGE! We spoke to each other. My job and personal life are being impacted.
Houston, TX |
Dr. St. John explaimed everything well, a good listener. The office staff was good they greeted me right away and answered all my question. Over all a great experience for my first time I'll definitely will be going back.
Houston, TX |
This is my first visit with Dr. St John, but found her to be a lovely and compassionate doctor. She explains everything to you in a way that you understand what is going on. ***The girl that answers the office phone, needs to maybe be replaced or taught to properly talk to patients the correct way. She isn't the most pleasant person to speak with. ***Hate calling the office, because I know I have to go through her to get a message to Dr. St John*** Other than that, I do love Dr. St John.
in Houston |
Greedy, Quack and very arrogant! My experience with her and her office is really less than satisfactory. Is is sad that she is called a DOCTOR. She is far from it. She is focused on money only. She treats patients in high handed manner, does take time, impossible to reach. Her office staff makes you more depressed to go there. They will fool you to get treatments to charge your insurances.
Have you seen Dr. Martha St John, MD?
Are you Dr. St John?