Dr. Martha Fehr, MD

Dr. Martha Fehr, MD

Neurology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Martha Fehr, MD is a neurology specialist in Worcester, MA and has been practicing for 27 years. She graduated from University Of Colorado At Denver in 1986 and specializes in neurology.Read her story

123 Summer St # 320

Worcester, MA 01608

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Fehr

See how frequently Dr. Fehr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sleep Apnea
Sleep Disorders
Brain Disorders

Dr. Fehr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Fehr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Fehr "Dr. Martha Fehr is a board certified neurologist who diagnoses and treats diseases of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system. "Neurologists diagnose people for symptoms that range from headaches to back pain and treat everything from Parkinson's Disease to carpal tunnel syndrome. It's a wide ranging specialty that often treats complex problems," she explains. Dr. Fehr is a strong believer that people need to be responsible for their own health and participate in the management of their health problems. "I think it's important to educate patients about their condition so they can make the right decisions. That's why I strive to establish a relationship with each patient so we can work together to more effectively manage their problems." In some cases, Dr. Fehr is treating patients who will never make a recovery from their disease. "Fortunately, there are many problems that we can effectively treat including seizure disorders, Parkinson's Disease, multiple sclerosis and others. All people are different in how they react and adjust to having a disease. It takes motivation to battle an illness and that's as true for neurological illnesses as any other disease." Dr. Fehr is board certified in neurology, sleep medicine and clinical neuro-physiologies. She has a subspecialty interest in epilepsy seizure disorders and also treats many people who are having sleep issues. "In treating sleep disorders we can often obtain a diagnosis from taking a patient history. In some cases, such as when sleep apnea is suspected, a sleep study, or polysomnogrom, is performed. This allows us to determine just what is happening when a patient is sleeping. We are part of the Sleep Disorder Center of Central New England and have helped many people overcome their sleep problems." Dr. Fehr enjoys working closely with her patients and making an impact on their quality of life. "It's very gratifying when you see someone come in with a problem and help them feel better. We see a lot of chronic problems here but we also treat diseases that can be cured and that is very rewarding. I also enjoy getting to know my patients and sometimes they become like family to you." Dr. Fehr is happy to be a part of a large group practice with the opportunity to work with other talented neurologists. "The group we have here really works together well. We are like a family here and I love that. I also enjoy having the support of a multi-disciplinary group practice where I can send people over to other departments and know that they will be well cared for. For instance, I just diagnosed someone with Grave's disease and I was able to consult with an endocrinologist. It's nice to have that kind of support when treating problems large and small.""

• Neurology

• Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• University Of Colorado At Denver
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • St Paul Ramsey Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Fehr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fehr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fehr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fehr's Reviews

2.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fehr to family and friends

Dr. Fehr's Performance

GOOD

Overall the office visit was very good. The staff their are friendly and very willing to help. Dr. Fehr was great and she explained my condition in a way I could understand and put me at ease. The only downside was that when I checked in she was behind scheduled. In her defense it was later in...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
This woman almost killed my father.. NEVER GO TO THIS DR!! She misdiagnosed my dad & treated him for neuropathy "from diabetes"w massive dose of gabapentin for 5 years. My dad got worse & falling down, weak & was slowing getting paralyzed. I took him for a 2nd opinion & they gave him MRI.. His...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
As a first time patient with Dr. Fehr, I thought I received excellent care. She listened attentively to my concerns, ask insightful questions, and explained clearly the next steps we would take to address my issues. She also made sure any questions I had were answered.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1
Dismissive. Lack of interest in patient. Did not review form I filled out regarding symptoms. Wanted to blame all issues on anxiety.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Rude. No effort would not even look you in the eyes. quick and dismissive. lack of caring and knowledge
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option11thumbs down icon option2