Dermatology  |
Dr. Martha Arroyo, MD
Dr. Arroyo, MD, Ph.D. s a board certified dermatologist treating both pediatric and adult patients. Dr. Arroyo is a Fellow of the American Board of Dermatology and a member of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) and the American Society for Dermatological Surgery (ASDS). She provides treatment for conditions affecting the skin, hair, and nails. Dr. Arroyo also specializes in dermatologic surgery, cosmetic dermatology, and laser surgery. Dr. Arroyo received her B.S. degree in Molecular Physics and Biochemistry from Yale University and her Ph.D. in Cancer Biology and M.D. from Stanford University. Dr. Arroyo completed her residency training at New York University Langone Medical Center where she served as Chief Resident. Dr. Arroyo has published numerous articles in the fields of dermatology and cancer biology and is a frequent lecturer on dermatological treatments and procedures. Dr. Arroyo has a special interest in the detection and treatment of skin cancer, psoriasis, and vitiligo. She is actively involved in advising on emerging technologies for early detection and optimal treatment. Dr. Arroyo is a Chicago native and an active member of the community. She volunteers for the Skin Cancer Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, and Boy Scouts of America and serves on the editorial boards for the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (JAAD) and the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology (JDD). Dr. Arroyo is also fluent in Spanish.

755 S Milwaukee Ave Ste 224

Libertyville, IL 60048

• Principal Financial Group
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Arroyo

Excellence and compassion

Dr. Arroyo's Experience

Dr. Arroyo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Atypical Mole
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Mole Removal
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Yale University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1991
  • Stanford University
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Kaiser Santa Clara Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Nyu Langone Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Arroyo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Arroyo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Arroyo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Arroyo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Arroyo to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Arroyo's Performance
in Vernon Hills, IL |
I made an appointment with Dr. Arroyo after feeling my previous dermatologist wasn't paying attention to my concerns. I am very glad I made the switch. Dr. Arroyo diagnosed 1 potentially serious issue immediately. I am very grateful to Dr. Arroyo and her staff.
My family and I have been patients of both Dr. Arroyo and her PA Yasmin for the last 5 years. They take the time to listen to our concerns and always provide excellent care. Dr. Arroyo even squeezed my father in for an emergency when he was visiting last month. I highly recommend!
in Mchenry, IL |
Have been a patient for 2 years. Arrived today at 7:45 am for an 8:00 am appointment. At 7:59 the receptionist asks if I have referral. They emailed me twice, called and left me message, plus texted me for appointment reminder. Then they turn me away because my referral expired. They would have known this would happen when they scheduled my follow up visit 6 months ago. Office is totally inept!
Grayslake, IL |
Brilliantly smart and great bedside manner. Dr. Arroyo is busy but worth the wait.
I appreciated Dr. Arroyo's experience with my complex medical history/conditions. That said, it took 3 mos to get an appointment and I had to wait two hours to get seen. She did apologize for the wait, but for a doctor that doesn't exactly have emergencies, it's mind boggling. A phone call would have been nice. I see 16 doctors, and the only others with this kind of wait experience life threatening issues in the office fairly regularly.
Mundelein, IL |
I developed a terrible rash. Dr. Arroyo and the office were great and were able to squeeze me in for an urgent appointment. She knew what it was right away, wrote me for some medicine, and off I went. Great bedside manner and very kind. Great experience!
Libertyville, IL |
Dr. Arroyo is great. She always takes the time to listen and provides excellent care. I highly recommend her for both cosmetic and medical needs.
in Pleasant Prairie |
A wonderful doctor. Made me feel at ease immediately and helped me solve a persistent skin issue. I'd recommend her to anyone who wants a top notch Dermatoligist.
Chicago, IL |
I have to say, I would never know where the negative reviews came from. Dr. Arroyo has a very pleasant bedside manner, fast and efficient. Doesn't waste anyone's time. I did wait 4 weeks for my appointment but it was all worth the wait! Her staff is wonderful and nurses are great. Thank you all.
Vernon Hills, IL |
Dr. Arroyo and her staff always provide wonderful care. My entire family has seen her for years and definitely recommend.
in Chicago, IL |
we were sent home last sept 1 with our 325 pm appt because the front desk lady demanded me to pay the 100 plus office visit from last year which I explained to her that last visit I have proper referral from Humana , paid my copay , and called insurance about the billing issues which Humana said will be taken care of. Since I did not hear anything from last year I assumed it's all clear. But then the lady insisted for me to pay first rather than verifying w/ insurance , so we were sent home ??
Lindenhurst, IL |
I would like to thank Dr. Arroyo and her staff. We've been seen by numerous dermatologist and not one of them could figure out what was going on. She came in and diagnosed us on our first visit! Very pleasant bedside manner and her nurses were wonderful with our child! Thank you Lakeside Dermatology, Dr. Arroyo and staff! We will indeed refer you to our friends and family!
in Grayslake |
Absolutely unprofessional. She is not the one who takes care of patient herself, always send young doctors instead and after that whoever tells you "hi" send you a bill.
in Libertyville, IL |
I've been her patient for about 6-7 years. I was very satisfied with her care in the past but in my opinion, currently she has way too many patients This is affecting the time that she spends with patients and the quality of the treatment or diagnosis. In the last couple of visits, simple procedures that previously were resolved in 1 visit, now require 2, an inconvenience considering on average, it takes 2 months to see you, or you can be seen by her assistant(really?)
Dr. Arroyo was very professional and attentive while examining me thoroughly and found a couple of pre cancerous spots in my eyebrow hairs. She removed them & sent off a sample. I was so relieved afterwards. I felt like I had the best, most thorough exam: EVER. I send all who ask for a recommendation to her.
Have you seen Dr. Martha Arroyo, MD?
Are you Dr. Arroyo?