Dr. Marsha E. Gorens, MD

Dr. Marsha E. Gorens, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female | 62 years old

When I started about 26 years ago it [gynecology] was not a field that women were dominant in. So I did see the need for women to have women physicians. A lot of times women come in - they don't even have a problem, they're just coming for their annual exams. This gives me an opportunity to give them education on dietary issues, how to take care of themselves, preventative medicine, alternative medicine, just to put everything together. So it's not always problem-oriented, which that's one reason why I like gynecology. The patient is the most important person. So that's who we focus on - making certain that their needs are met, and that we take good care of that patient.Read more

Marsha E. Gorens, MD
1645 W Jackson Blvd Ste 318
Chicago, IL 60612 Get Directions

Dr. Gorens' Experience

See how Dr. Gorens' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gorens

Dr. Gorens accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gorens has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Gorens
Dr. Gorens' Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (13)
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Gorens is an excellent doctor. I had been struggling with horrible monthly cycles for 12 years. I'd seen 3 different doctors, and none of them were able to help. I started seeing Dr. Gorens and she immediately identified my problem and began to take steps to fix them. It is now 10 months later and I feel great. She is the best in the field. She is patient. You will never feel rushed. She is the most thorough doctor that I've ever seen. I absolutely love Dr. Gorens!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Gorens delivered my son 26 years ago, throughout my pregnancy experience she was kind, gentle, and attentive to all my concerns. The only reason I did not remain with Dr. Gorens was due to insurance changes. My son is now an Eagle Scout, a U. S. Navy Veteran and a graduate of U of I in Champaign, IL. Dr. Gorens is an outstanding provider, one whom I would highly recommend for women's health. I didn't thank you then, but it is never too late. Thanks Dr. Goren!!
in Chicago, IL |
This doctor took time with me, listened to all my questions and made me feel comfortable. I wasn't rushed by her or her staff, and felt she was very knowledgeable about the field. I will be returning to see her and highly recommend her practice.
in Chicago, IL |
Through a recommendation, I scheduled my 1st appointment with Dr. Gorens, for 4:30p. I arrived early enough to fill out paperwork, and after completion, it was 4:20p. After waiting for OVER an hour, I told the clerk at the desk I would not be waiting another minute and was leaving. My 1st impression was of how loud the music was and how awfully cluttered the main desk was. I was not comfortable with this lack of professionalism and I would NEVER recommend this doctor, nor this office to ANYONE!
Have you seen Dr. Marsha E. Gorens, MD?
Are you Dr. Gorens?

Dr. Gorens' Care Philosophy

Dr. Gorens' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Gorens has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gorens' Board Certifications

• Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago

Graduated in 1980

University Wisc

Completed in 1984

Dr. Gorens does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gorens and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology