Dr. Marnin Fischbach, MD

Dr. Marnin Fischbach, MD

Psychiatry | Male

1824 Murray Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15217 Get Directions

Dr. Marnin Fischbach, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Pittsburgh, PA. He is 72 years old and has been practicing for 47 years. Dr. Fischbach is affiliated with Jefferson Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Fischbach's Experience

See how Dr. Fischbach's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fischbach

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Fischbach has admitting privileges.

Dr. Fischbach's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fischbach to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Fischbach's Performance
in Pittsburgh, PA |
I've been struggling for several years with crippling depression and anxiety, and nothing was helping. Dr. Fischbach took a different approach and I began to see results. He helped me get my life back, and keep my job. Thank you!
Rochester, PA |
Wonderful provider
Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr Fischbach thinks outside the box, which is a fantastic reason to pay him a visit. However, everything must be scheduled at his convenience and any need to delay an appointment will be met with a minimal amount of respect. You will be made to understand that your injury, however valid, is an unwelcome inconvenience.
Pittsburgh, PA |
Compassionate, competent phychiatrist with a sense of humor and style. It took me awhile to become comfortable with his practice but once I did, I do not want to find another MD. He's a good nice guy.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
For over three decades I have suffered and tormented with chronic PTSD, Depression and Anxiety and later Flash backs and nightmares. Four years ago I reached out for help, I went to inpatient facilities and numerous therapist and Psychiatrists, but, they could not help me. My wife and I went on line and saw Dr. Fischbach, I made a appointment and I told him about me and he prescribed medicine for me. All I have to say is that he save my life from the hell that I was living. Thank You!!!!!!!
in Pittsburgh, PA |
I only saw Dr. Fischbach for a few short months but he is great! Very caring, listens and doesn't rush. You can tell he loves his job and cares for his patients. He's also very old school and knows his stuff. If you don't understand he will take the time to explain. I would definitely go back to him if needed. He also always has a smile on his face, which can help with the bad days! :)
Pittsburgh, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Fischbach for about half a year now. What compelled me to write this review was the fact that to me Dr. Fischbach is a very attentive and caring person. After working with me a for a few months, we were able to determine that my original diagnosis was incorrect and really I was taking medicine that wasn't helping me as much as it should have been. We are still working to get to the best point, but I am so happy to (finally) visit such a wise and helpful doctor.
Pittsburgh , PA |
Cold, Callous, and very evidently uncaring. Someone who should have never entered the field of human psychology.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
I am currently in treatment Dr. Fischbach, undergoing medication changes for the first time in 12 years, which is a terrifyingly experience. Dr. Fischbach is respectful and listens. He regularly says, "we'll get through this together" and I feel he actually means it. He is old fashioned (hand writes notes and only takes checks) and is not warm and and fuzzy, so he may not be a good fit for someone seeing a psychiatrist for the first time. However, he knows his stuff and I trust and recommend him
Oakmont, PA |
No other doctor could make a diagnosis, but Dr. Fischbach was able to in the first visit. I have felt better than I have in years. Would highly recommend.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Fischbach cares about getting the best mental health and quality of life for his patients. He knows all the medications, including the new ones. He's not afraid to treat, if potential benefits outweigh risks. For example I am treated for ADHD in addition to bipolar, even though ADHD medications can complicate bipolar. It saved my job, and I am still stable with bipolar.
in Irwin PA |
Dr. Fischbach helped me with medication to overcome depression and panic disorder. Each visit is a learning experience because we talk about how the medications work to help me. I feel so much better. It has been a long time since I have enjoyed summer like I did this year. I'm grateful that I chose to visit Dr. Fischbach and to trust him to help me feel whole after years of trying on my own.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Had a great experience working with Dr. Fischbach, who was always on schedule and patient during our appointments.
in Pittsburgh,pa |
Amazing Doctor takes his take to help you as much as possible. A+++
Pittsburgh, pa |
Had to wait over an hour after my scheduled appointment to be seen. He rushed me through a bunch of questions and was not respectful of my request to not take more medication (I've been stable for over a year on my current meds). I have heard a few similar stories, including one in which he misdiagnosed a patient and prescribed her some very strong medication.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
I have seen multiple psychiatrists in the East Pittsburgh area in the past, and Dr. Fischbach is the best. His expertise in diagnosis and treatment has resulted in incredibly positive changes in my mental health. I started to see Dr. Fischbach for problems with anxiety and panic attacks, and within the first two months of treatment, I was able to start to manage and cope with my disorders for the first time in my life.
Pittsburgh, PA |
Routinely late for appointments. I just stopped going to him because at the last visit, I was waiting for over 30 minutes. He actually called me after his previous appointment left to tell me I had missed the appointment; I was in the waiting room at the time he called me and 30 minutes before that. He blamed me for not sitting in a more visible area. He also said I needed to pay him for a no-show appointment. I had to pull out my phone to show him I called him and re-scheduled two days before.
in North Versailles, PA |
I began to describe my experience but 500 characters isn't enough space to give a meaningfully specific description.
in Pennsylvania |
Dr Fischbach is a rare gem. I've been with him for twenty years now and has been able to keep my illness under check. He talks quietly and calmly. Very intelligent, this guy knows his stuff. Very old fashioned , no secretary, answers his own calls and keeps all his notes handwritten in your file. Very unique, dependable and listens to you as he observes what your troubles are.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
I had a lot of trouble sleeping and repitive thinking. I couldn't fall asleep until every item on my list was completed. My family always just accepted that's the way I was and told me I was just a type A personality. Hesitantly, after lack of sleep and not being able to enjoy myself with family and friends, I decided to call Dr. Fishbach's office. He has a very calming personality, talks very quietly and has a serene personality. I appreciated his feedback.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Psychiatrists are impossible to find in Pittsburgh, but not only did Dr. Fischbach make an appointment within a week, but he also found a treatment for my social anxiety almost immediately, to the point where I went from hiding in a hotel room to fielding multiple job offers over the course of a few months. Granted, past performance is not indicative of future results - but he changed my life.
Have you seen Dr. Marnin Fischbach, MD?
Are you Dr. Fischbach?

Compare Dr. Fischbach

}

Dr. Fischbach's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Fischbach has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fischbach's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Completed in 1974

Colo Med Center

Completed in 1975

• Hebrew

Dr. Fischbach does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fischbach and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)