Dr. Marlyn Fernandez, MD

Dr. Marlyn Fernandez, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |

Dr. Marlyn Fernandez, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Paramus, NJ. She is 34 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Fernandez is affiliated with Hackensack University Medical Center.

HackensackUMG Paramus, NJ

277 Forest Ave

Paramus, NJ 07652

• Amerihealth
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MagnaCare
  • Medicare
  • One Health
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Fernandez

Endocrine diseases and conditions can seriously affect my patients' quality of life if not accurately diagnosed and kept under control. Diabetes is a perfect example. I work to make sure my patients understand the importance of tight glucose control through accurate medication dosing, good nutrition, and effective exercise. Treating diabetes takes a team approach and I want my patients know I'm on their team.

Dr. Fernandez's Experience

Dr. Fernandez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology and Internal Medicine

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Depression
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Emphysema
  • Goiter
  • Graves' Disease
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

• Allergy Treatment
  • Biopsy
  • Bone Density Scan
  • Breath Testing
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Spirometry
  • Thoracentesis
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Instituto Tecnologico De Santo Domingo
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • Umdnj - New Jersey Medical School
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Umdnj - New Jersey Medical School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Fernandez has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

Dr. Fernandez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fernandez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fernandez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fernandez to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Fernandez's Performance
in Garfield, NJ |
Outstanding physician. Knowledgeable, up-to-date, and sincere care for patients.
New York, NY |
Went in for ultrasound for hyper parathyroid. Found suspicious nods on thyroid. scheduled biopsy almost 3 weeks later. had numerous questions after ultrasound and digesting info. placed three phone calls over two weeks. NO CALL BACK. finally she called back. no apologies other than too busy. Felt very dismissed and the phone call was completely argumentative. Picking up records and finding new compassionate and caring Dr
in Stony Point, NY |
Appointments with Dr. Fernandez are an uplifting experience, she is a caring, conscientious and friendly physician. She has been a great help to me during some difficult times and her care program has resulted in the stabilization of my endocrinology disorders.
in RidgefeildPark N J |
I like Dr. Fernandez she's very smart I feel comfortable with her. The thing I like she explains your condition to you not at you she's a very important part of my medical team helping me with my Diabetes. She's helping me navigate through my changing condition of my Diabetes. ??
Toms River, NJ |
Terrible . Truly awful! not thorough caused me over 2 years of unnecessary suffering cause she did not do what I needed for my health for my life ...lost valuable time and money Buyer Beware
Atlanta, GA |
I'm no recomed she not help no body
Edgewater, NJ |
Dr. Fernandez is obviously intelligent and knowledgeable. But I found our interactions to be unpleasant at worst & disconnected at best. She seemed more interested in her notes than in me, interrupted me often, & was almost 'military' in style. I never quite sensed she saw me as a human but more as numbers or a file. She'd do well to connect more deeply with patients. She didn't like my feedback & so had her nurse tell me to find another doctor. To me, that's not a doctor who cares about me. :(
in Kissimmee, FL |
Excellent Dr and work she has done for my Diabetis.
in Hackensack, NJ |
I highly recommend Dr. Fernandez. I have been seeing her now for the past seven years and she has an excellent bedside manner. She takes her time with you I never feel rushed, she explains things to great detail, and listens to what I have to say. Excellent doctor and always punctual
in New Jersey |
Dr Fernandez is a professional lady who is on top of the most current treatments in the field of diabetes. She works with you to ensure that your prescriptions are easily filled, refilled, and within your budget. She has a very nice demeanor and is deeply involved in providing her patients with the best medical care available. Personally, I am very satisfied and comfortable to have her as my endocrinologist. Thank you Dr Fernandez!
in Hackensack, NJ |
Talked over me entire visit. Said I didn't need the meds another Dr. prescribed. Refused to listen to me. No test results, meant no meds for 3 wks. Looked at my thyroid and said OMG!!!! I said what's the matter? I asked again if something was wrong. She said well it's not good. Then proceeded to tell me how people with Hashimotos get thyroid cancer. Scared me to death. Then screamed at me on phone. PS: Sonogram confirmed NO cancer. Worst Dr. I ever seen!!!!!!!!!!
Hillsdale, NJ |
One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a doctor's office. Will never be going back. This woman should not even have her license.
in Mahwah, NJ |
Dr. Fernandez is a caring , intelligent Doctor who saved my life.
Lake Hopatcong, NJ |
Did not take the time to answer all my questions. Instead of calling me to discuss why she wanted me to change a dosage of medication just had an assistant call me who could not explain why the dosage change was necessary or appropriate.
Have you seen Dr. Marlyn Fernandez, MD?
Are you Dr. Fernandez?

Visit Dr. Fernandez

Dr. Fernandez accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • Amerihealth
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health

Hospitals where Dr. Fernandez has admitting privileges

Hackensack University Medical Center
30 Prospect Ave
Hackensack, NJ 07601

More Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists like Dr. Fernandez at HackensackUMG Paramus, NJ

Diabetes Medicine Specialist