Dr. Marla Conger, MD

Dr. Marla Conger, MD

Pediatrics  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Marla Conger, MD is a pediatrics specialist in Highland Village, TX and has been practicing for 32 years. She graduated from Wayne State University School of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in pediatrics and adolescent medicine.Read her story

2280 Highland Village Rd Ste 130

Highland Village, TX 75077

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Conger

Dr. Conger's Experience

Dr. Conger's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatrics
  • Board certified in Pediatrics

Dr. Conger's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Conger " I have wanted to be a doctor since I can remember but the deal was sealed when I cut the tip of my finger off with a paper cutter while making a menu for my high school french class. The baskeball coach told everyone that I picked up my finger (with my teeth, not exactly true) and drove myself to the emergency room. I was fascinated watching them sew it back on. After medical school and residency, I turned to Texas where my sister and her husband relocated. I worked in Lewisville and Flower Mound and I established Kids First Pediatrics in 1991. My common sense pediatric knowledge increased tremendously after having twins, one girl and one boy! They continue to teach me about parenting even now as adults! Over the years I have become very interested in the mental health of our children and teens. I have joined WATCH (Wellness Alliance for Total Children's Health of Denton County). This organization has prioritized mental health to identify and catch all children with needs from Flower Mound, Lewisville, Lantana and all of Denton County. I also joined MRC (Medical Reserve Corp of Denton County).I enjoy helping parents raise their children. Children are rewarding and entertaining. I could not have picked a better career for myself! When not in the office, I love spending time with my family and my twins. I love biking, mainly in the lovely country side of Lantana and Double Oak but I have taken biking trips in Ireland, France, Italy and New Zealand. My husband and I have a huge garden that we are trying to make productive thru all seasons. We are attempting to improve our nutrition by eating more whole foods. (I have not figured out how to grow cookies!) I also have a wonderful set of parents who have helped me tremendously with my office space. My father is our handyman, repairing and putting together much of our office and medical equipment. My mother decorated my office–she has had a lot of practice since this is the third one. In addition, she keeps tab on all the repairs my father needs to complete! CV:Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts, Albion College, Albion, MichiganMedical Degree: MD, Wayne State University, Detroit, MichiganPediatric Residency: Children's Hospital of Michigan, Wayne State University, Detroit, MichiganFellow of American Academy of Pediatrics since 1989Certified American Board of Pediatrics since 1989"

This content was provided by Dr. Conger "To help parents raise their children. "

• Pediatrics

• Children's Hospital of Michigan
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Children's Hospital of Michigan
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Conger has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Conger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Conger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Conger's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Conger

4.3

Dr. Conger?
Dr. Conger's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Marla Conger, MD
Dr conger has been both my children's dr and has been my 7 year old granddaughters dr also. I have adopted my grandchild and Dr. Conger was genuinely happy for us. She is a amazing Dr. Not to mention person. Makes me wish I was a kid again lol. When she was treating my daughter who had gotten...Read More
Terri Stevenson in Lewisville Tx – Sep 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marla Conger, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Conger?