General Surgery  |
Dr. Mark Zoland, MD
Dr. Mark Zoland received his bachelor's degree from Columbia University, and his medicine degree from Cornell University Medical College in 1993. He has been Board Certified and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons since 2001. His areas of expertise include minimally invasive and laparoscopic surgery, laparoscopic and conventional hernia surgery, specialization in sports hernia surgery, and abdominal surgery. Dr. Zoland was trained in an exciting time for surgery, as it was a time where tried and true Classic Surgical Techniques were still taught, while the Minimally Invasive revolution had just begun. He therefore had the foundation of classic operative method, something which younger residents today do not get a chance to learn, while he was immersed in the wave of new technology and technique. Consequently, he is able to offer his patients many surgical options as he is not confined by his training. "My philosophy as a surgeon and as a physician, in general, is to solve a problem. Patients come in to the office from all over, and they have usually seen a multitude of doctors from a multitude of specialties. They have been bounced around, in many cases, because their problem did not fit that particular doctor's specialty, or it was not a quick and easy fix. I tell them that I am not a magician, that I cannot fix all issues, but that I will certainly give it my highest level of attention and thought. Groin pain is one of my specialties, and I view the area as a complex problem. Nonetheless, I have spent over a decade studying the area, and I do believe I have been able to help most people who walk through my door. Even if the medical condition does not fall under my area, I will spend time and effort getting my patients to the right person for the job. Unfortunately, medicine is changing so dramatically, both economically and politically, that it is hard for the patient to feel like they have an advocate. I see myself as their advocate, kind of like having a cousin in the business who is really attempting to guide you in the right direction to solve the problem. It may take more time and effort, but I sleep very well at night running my practice this way."

122 E 76th St Ofc 1B

New York, NY 10021

• Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Zoland

Dr. Zoland's Experience

Dr. Zoland's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Appendectomy, Open
  • Axillary Lymph Node Dissection
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• J & S Weill M C Cornell Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Lenox Hill Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Lenox Hill Hospital

Dr. Zoland has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zoland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zoland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zoland's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zoland to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Zoland's Performance
in Ridgewood, NJ |
I cannot tell you how grateful I am to Dr. Zoland, not only for the technically excellent job he did in fixing my hernia but for the kindness he has shown me throughout our relationship. The day we met, he listened attentively as I explained my complicated history. He answered all my questions and put my mind at ease. I was so impressed by his manner (as well as his reputation) that I decided to have him perform my operation. At this point I have no doubt I made the right decision!
in Glastonbury, CT |
I have been battling deep groin pain during certain movements for nearly 3 years. I tried physical therapy, injections & even had a different surgeon repair my labrum as he was certain that was the cause of my pain. I was seeing a different surgeon in NY (Dr Anil Ranawat) to try to find a solution for my discomfort. Dr Ranawat referred me to Dr Zoland... what a breath of fresh air when meeting him. Extremely personal and knowledgeable, he spent nearly 90 minutes with me during our first appointm
DrZoland is a great guy.I can call his staff anytime and the doctor always calls me back the same day.Most important,I never felt rushed when I saw him and he always took the time to listen to everything I had to say.Even if that meant that my appointment had to be extended to an hour or more.If he can't help you he will find someone that will.He thinks out of the box, there are only a few physicians I have seen that run their practice the way he does. He is the most determined doctor I ever had
in New York, NY |
The Best!!! Period. Highly Highly recommended. Noah
New York, NY |
Dr. Zoland evaluated me for a sports hernia after months of unrelenting pelvic and rectal pain that had been unresolved by PT, shots, and medication. After evaluation he told me I was a borderline case, and offered me the surgery if I felt it were a logical next step. I will be grateful for all eternity that he offered and performed the surgery, and for his warm and thoughtful approach. I am so much better than I was before surgery; I have my life back! It takes time to heal, but so worth it.
in Coram, NY |
Very informative. On the initial evaluation, he spent about an hour with me evaluating my sports hernia, reviewing my MRIs, and discussing treatment options. He definitely knows what he is doing, and spends time to explain everything in detail. I would recommend Dr. Zoland to anyone with chronic groin pain.
in New York, NY |
4 weeks ago Dr. Zoland repaired a bi inguinal hernia (actually 3 hernias) and last week, after only 3 weeks I was back in the gym!!! from start to end, my experience with Dr. Zoland was excellent. He responded to my call immediately and saw me promptly. Dr. Zoland patiently explained my options, listened to my questions and took his time ensuring I was informed and comfortable. The ensuing surgery and recovery was a breeze. in and out in 4 hours!!! feeling 100% today.
Operated on my 16 year old son and treated him like his own. Very compassionate and thorough answering questions and explaining procedure. Very calming and reassuring to the entire family. Great follow up and care!
in NY, NY |
I, an engineer and detail person, interviewed various surgeons to repair a hernia. Dr. Zoland was the only one who took the time to fully explain his method of repair and upon my request, drew on paper the surgical steps that he would use and explained the technical reasons why his approach would be a permanent repair and not temporary as friends of mine experienced with their hernia repairs. After 3 years, my repair is permanent. Dr. Zoland is thorough and is the best.
After suffering for 6 months with pain that multiple Doctors, tests and procedures could not figure out I was finally referred to Dr Zoland and will be forever grateful! He slowly methodically figured out I suffered from 3 hernias and developed a plan to fix them all in one surgery. That surgery was one week ago and I am still in awe that it's finally handled. He took his time explaining everything to me, he was so sympathetic throughout. He took time to talk on the phone with me numerous times.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Zoland, MD?
Are you Dr. Zoland?