Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Mark Zafereo, MD
Dr. Mark Zafereo, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Zafereo is affiliated with The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, St. Luke's Sugar Land Hospital and Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital.

Md Anderson Cancer Center

1515 Holcombe Blvd

Houston, TX 77030

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HAP Insurance
  • National Elevator

Learn about Dr. Zafereo

Dr. Zafereo's Experience

Dr. Zafereo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Conductive Hearing Loss
  • Cough
  • Deformities of Auricle or Pinna
  • Dizziness
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Gum Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma
  • Pharyngeal Cancer
  • Pleura Cancer
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Retina Diseases
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Throat Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain

• Laryngectomy and Pharyngectomy
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroid Surgery

• University Of Texas At Houston / Medical School At Houston
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • MD Anderson Cancer Ctr Houston
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Zafereo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zafereo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zafereo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zafereo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zafereo to family and friends
Dr. Zafereo's Performance
Dr. Zafereo is a knowledgable surgeon who gives attention to each patient as a individual. He has a passion for what he does! He is also very nurturing towards his patients and family.
in Sugar Land, TX |
He and his colleagues are the Best!!
in Missouri City, TX |
Dr. Zafereo is amazing! He truly cares for each of his patients. He has a gentle bedside manner. I was confident that I was in good hands in a seemingly impossible medical situation. Dr. Zafereo developed a successful treatment plan for my care. I am celebrating three years as a head and neck cancer survivor. My diagnosis was Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma of the parotid gland. My tumor was aggressive and required a complex medical plan. I trusted Dr. Zafereo's knowledge and skill. I recommend him.
Beaumont, TX |
I was very impressed with his professionalism. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable.
in Covington, LA |
I highly recommend Dr. Mark Zafereo to anyone in need of his surgical speciality. He is exceptional.
Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr Zafereo was the surgeon for my parathyroid re-do surgery. His followup, skill and knowledge as well as his manner of communication were fabulous. Highly recommend.
I was given several options for head and neck surgeons at MD Anderson to remove a cancerous thyroid lobe and I chose Dr. Zafereo since he was head of that section. The surgery was uneventful; my family and I were very impressed with him and his staff. I suggest that future patients consider Dr. Zafereo for their thyroid surgery.
Houston, TX |
My experience with Dr. Zafereo was extremely pleasant. He not only explained the plan of action for my treatment but was very thoughtful and caring about keeping my family informed on what was to be expected with my surgery and post-op. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking or needing neck surgery.
Valencia, CA |
My mom is a thyroid cancer patient of Dr Zafereo's. He is a exceptional surgeon with a very compassionate disposition. I would highly recommend him and his wonderful staff. He definitely went above and beyond for our family. We truly appreciate the excellent care and attention that was given to our Mom. Thanks Dr. Zafereo and staff!!!!
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr. Zafereo is truly in a league of his own. It has been a week and a half since my total thyroidectomy and neck dissection and I am practically 100% back to my normal self. This is all thanks to Dr. Zafereo and his amazing team. Dr. Zafereo has a calming presence that will make you feel at ease knowing you are in the best possible hands, no matter how dire your situation. If I ever have a loved one who needs ENT surgery, Dr. Zafereo is the only choice, he is simply the best. 10/10.
in Hurst, TX |
Dr. Zafereo is absolutely the best! I feel so fortunate to have him as my surgeon! His skill level is phenomenal!
in Los Alamos |
After meeting Dr. Zafereo in the office and spending nearly 45 minutes discussing my condition, procedure options, side effects of the final treatment decision, surgery, recovery, etc, I had total confidence in him and his staff. Anyone at MD Anderson I spoke to that knew Dr. Z said he was the best in the world. The skills and knowledge he has are amazing. He is the absolute best. And great bedside manner, caring and thoughtful.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Zafereo has good bedside manners and has excellent patience. I would recommend him to my family and friends. He is very knowledgeable about his specialty. He doesn't rush when speaking to you and he definitely doesn't push his assistant on you. That's what I love about him. When I go for my appointment I see him and not the assistant.
in Dothan, AL |
Dr. Zafereo is a competent physician. He has such good bed side manners. He gave me the information I need to make an informed decision. He gave me his honest opinion which I trust. He is a blessing from God.
Houston, TX |
Dr Zafereo was very patient with me and made me feel comfortable. I would recommend his to anyone. He is caring, trusting and a great surgeon.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Zafaero did a great job with my thyroidectomy. He was very knowledgeable, compassionate, and professional. I am happy to have a good doctor during a difficult time in my life. MD Anderson also was a great hospital: very organized and professional.
in Puerto Rico |
Dr. Zafareo took care of my mother's metastised thyroid cancer and very professionally did an outstanding job. Not only he did a great job with her surgery and follow up, but he also has an excellent personality which his patients love. He treats his patients and families with dignity, respect and compassion. He rounds on his patients and keeps his promises to them even if he has to round late at night. He is a very unique physician with many beautiful attributes which serve him well.
in El Campo, TX |
Dr. Zafereo is GREAT! Not only is he a excellent surgeon but he is one of the most compassion caring doctors that you could ever ask for!
in Houston, TX |
Waited a long time in sugarland office when doctor was not even there.
in Sugar Land, TX |
I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Zafereo for any medical/surgical needs. He is not only very knowledgeable, but SO pleasant and compassionate which is very important when you are posed with life altering decisions. You can tell by the look in his eyes that he truly cares about your health and the impact his gifted hands will have on the outcome. He was highly recommended to me, and I am grateful for that. May God continue to bless him as he blesses others with his gifted skills and kind heart.
in Richmond, TX |
Dr. Zafereo is not only a very knowledgeable and highly-skilled surgeon, he is also very patient and takes the time to explain procedures, expected results, and aftercare in a manner that is easily understood. Dr. Zafereo is not only one of our favorite doctors; he is one of our favorite persons. He is kind, compassionate, and dedicated to the care of his patients and to his profession. We are amazed at the number of people we have met who feel the same way we do about Dr. Zafereo!
in Raymondville, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Zafereo to anyone who wants to be cared for by a physician who is competent, kind-hearted, and compassionate. He listens to his patients questions and concerns with an open mind and delivers his responses in a manner that you understand so that you may make an informed decision regarding your care. MD Anderson is heaven on earth and Dr. Zafereo is a great angel in this heaven..he saved my life and my family and I are forever grateful! :-)
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Zafereo was absolutely amazing. He made me feel comfortable and at ease, he held my hand when he saw the frightened look on my face, he was so comforting and made my surgery an extremely positive experience.. Absolutely the best surgeon I could have had.
in Harlingen, Tx. |
He was very kind and an all around awesome person!
in Cancun, Mexico |
Dr. Zafereo is an outstanding surgeon who treats his patients with respect and and a genuine friendliness that is sometimes lacking in other doctors. It is obvious that he has a tremendous workload, but he always has time to stop and have a friendly chat with his patients. I am very pleased that Dr. Zefereo is my treating physician. His staff is as equally professional as well as compassionate.
He really cares
Have you seen Dr. Mark Zafereo, MD?
Are you Dr. Zafereo?

Visit Dr. Zafereo

Dr. Zafereo accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA