Dr. Mark Winchell, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Savannah Bone and Joint 11909 McAuley Dr # 100 Savannah, GA 31419 Get Directions
Dr. Mark Winchell, MD
Dr. Mark Winchell, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Savannah, GA. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Winchell is affiliated with Memorial Health University Medical Center, Saint Joseph's Hospital - Savannah and Candler Hospital.

Dr. Winchell's Care Philosophy

We have adopted the Patient Centered Care approach in the office. We have a Boutique style office focusing on personalized service. We never let a patient leave without making every effort to help them understand their condition, options from treatment, and best practice management. We have the highest pateint satisfaction rates and lowest complication rates in the region and always consider surgery as a last resort. Every treatment we provide is cutting edge and scientifically proven.

Dr. Winchell's Experience

See how Dr. Winchell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Winchell

Dr. Winchell accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. Winchell is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Winchell has admitting privileges.

Dr. Winchell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Winchell to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Winchell's Performance
in Savannah, GA |
I had surgery on my right knee on April 25, 2016. June the problem came back. He had to go back into my right knee. Now the problem is back and worse. Called his office in March being that I was still under post op care. Missed my appointment do to sever swelling in both legs. Called for another appointment and never got a call back now we are in May. I was told by Dr. Winchell next time u come to me I will bring my son Zeno pacifier for you. Not knowing that I had drop wrist. Will no go back
in Guyton, GA |
Before I saw Dr Winchell, I was denied a total knee replacement by another practice because they said I was too young and too "fat" ! Dr Winchell said he believed if you NEED an operation to increase your quality of life then that's all that matters! He was kind and concerned! I am almost 3 months out from surgery and I feel great! I am so grateful for a dr who cares about his patients! I also love the fact that he has a therapy dog...Tucks is great!
Decatur, GA |
I picked winchell because he had a handsome face. It's all about him and not his patients. His office is disorganized. I was in and out of Hospitals and nursing home because winchell botched my hip replacement. He's the worst.
Richmond Hill, GA |
Dr. Winchell is a great doc. I just wish he would spend more time listening to patients concerns, needs and ask more questions about symptoms and pain levels. If he could do that I would say he is "perfect!"
in Glennville, GA |
Dr. Winchell replaced my knee in August 2016. We discussed other options before Surgery but in the end I needed the surgery. I am very happy I chose Dr. Winchell. He was very professional and explained the procedure to me in detail. I am also a diabetic so he took great care of me before, during and after. I highly recommend him as a Doctor for your Orthopedic needs.
in Pooler, GA |
I have been seeing Dr Winchell since 2011. I am very happy with his treatments. He takes the needed time to explain treatment.
in Ellabell Ga |
He was very good to me when he did my complete Knee replacement. If any one asks me for a good Orthopedic surgeon I am and will recommend Dr. Mark Winchill at Savannah Bone and Joint. He is a great surgeon. And if I have to have any further surgeries for orthopedic purposes I will be going back to him and his staff was also great. Thank You Dr. Mark Winchell Janette P.
in Savannah, GA |
I have never had a surgeon call to check on me on a weekend. I had my surgery Friday morning, and Dr. Winchell called Saturday. I was able to stand on my right knee the day of surgery, and walk on it the next. He did the left knee two months later. and even though the left knee was worse I was still able to put weight on it the same day, and walk the next day. I was in for follow up and asked for physical therapy, and the hospital's physical therapy department called the same day. Great Doc.
in Savannah ha |
I do not recommend this doctor! I came in frustrated because I didn't have been dealing with chronic knee and hip pain. He did n or listen to my issues. A week later to request y doctors notes and x-rays. His staff said they would call later on that day . It's been 72 hours and no call. Oh and my hips and knees still hurt everyday. Go to a doctor that will listen !
Savannah,Ga |
Dr Winchell acts like he cares to the day of the surgery he knew I had anxiety about the hospital he forced me to stay overnight and he didn't approve me for my regular meds he forgot to write it down on my surgical notes.the knee is messed up again he wont touch me again
in Savannah, GA |
Dr. Winchell listened to me when no one else would about my knee. He takes his time with his patients as well as being honest with them. He does try to rule out everything before putting you on the operating table. He is caring and honest.
in Savannah, GA |
I have been trying to get someone to answer the phone at that office for a couple of weeks without success. Calls always roll over to voice mail and messages are not returned.
in Savannah, GA |
My husband and I recently relocated to Savannah and have been really struggling to find good physicians. My experience with another local orthopedic group took month wait for an evaluation and another month wait for simple surgery. As a RN with 30yrs experience I can honestly say my surgeon was great but the practice was nothing short of a meat market! I recently hurt my knee and wait time for an appointment with the same group was 8wks. I called Dr Wenchell's office and they saw me IN 3 DAYS!!
in Savannah, GA |
I was introduced to Dr.Mitchell, through my daughter, who had cracked the bones in her ankle. For many years, I suffered with painful knee issues, arthritis, bone on bone! After seeing my daughter's results, I was a believer! Dr.Mitchell did my total knee replacement, For the first time in years, I can bowl and take a long walks! It's a Family Affair my grandchildren and my husband, whose a Retired Veteran are patients of Dr. Mark Winchell!
There's not enough words to describe how much I despise this man. He's rude and has a god complex. Thanks to him for misdiagnosing my injury and not telling me surgery was a necessity my foot is deformed for the rest of my life. After a second opinion I was told I should have been operated on with the first 24 hours of my injury. Winchell wanted to do 6-8 weels in a boot. Which I did unfortunately. Ended up having a major foot surgery which will take about a year to get back some what normal.
in Savannah, GA |
This doctor's office is the poorest run one I have ever come across in my 50+ years!! They don't ever answer the phone, you must leave a message after an interminably long voice recording, and then they only answer your message 1/10th of the time, if that. The doctor is not hygienic in his office and I ended up with an infection. He is caring until he does the procedure, then uncaring. I was sent to collections when I do not owe him and the excuse from the office was it was a billing error.
in Savannah, GA |
Received a total knee replacement from Dr. Winchell in January. Great service and treatment received, was up and walking without assistance in approximately 3 1/2 weeks. Would highly recommend Dr. Winchell.
in Savannah, GA |
Office staff is rude, incompetent, and immature. Dr. Winchell seems smart, but is obviously lacking in management and people skills. Between staff problems and him, I didn't feel comfortable, safe, or trusting of this practice.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Winchell, MD?
Are you Dr. Winchell?

Compare Dr. Winchell

Dr. Winchell's Care Philosophy

Dr. Winchell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Winchell has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Winchell's Board Certifications

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Saint Louis University Department Of Orthopedics

Completed in 2002

Saint Louis University School Of Medicine Osteoarthritis Research Fellowship

Completed in 1998

Dr. Winchell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Winchell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Achilles Tendon Rupture Repair
  • Foot Surgery
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment