Dr. Mark Willits, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Mark Willits, MD 4700 W Urbana St Broken Arrow, OK 74012 Get Directions
Dr. Mark Willits, MD
I am an honors graduate of the University of Texas Medical School in Houston and was awarded the Merck Manual Award for my medical school class. I completed my residency in Orthopedic Surgery, at John Peter Smith Hospital. I then went on to fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery and Spinal Reconstructive Surgery in Columbus, Ohio at The Ohio State University's Nationwide Children's Hospital. I stayed on at Nationwide Children's Hospital as an attending physician teaching residents spinal reconstructive surgery. In 2011, I moved back home to Tulsa, Oklahoma and became Director of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery at a local hospital. During my four years there I became one of the busiest spinal reconstructive surgeons in the country for people with Scoliosis. I have now established the Northeastern Oklahoma Spine Center. Through this organization I will care for spinal conditions in patients of all ages, and will continue care of patients with other deformities throughout the musculoskeletal system.

Dr. Willits' Experience

See how Dr. Willits' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Willits

Dr. Willits accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Willits is now accepting new patients

Dr. Willits' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Willits to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Willits' Performance
Tulsa ok |
If you want someone to tell it to you as it is, and is going to be conservative with your treatment , this is the place for to be. Treated me with Injections and it had help tremendously He said surgery is the last resort, it took a couple of rounds of injections to work, but it feel great now Everyone else had told me I needed surgery Thanks Dr willits
in Tulsa ok |
Treated my daughter, great experience Great results
in Pryor, oklahoma |
I see Dr. WI'll it's for pain management. I have Ehlers Danlos. He has never treated me like I was drug seeking. He was compassionate and made me feel like he was listening. He actually knew about my condition.
Muskogee, OK |
He was wonderful with our son. He new what he was doing and did it well. I have recommended him and still do. He is to the point but very nice and knowledgeable.
in pryor |
if you are looking for bedside manner on broken bones keep looking. ..Dr Willits is straight to the point dr...excellent surgeon!
Have you seen Dr. Mark Willits, MD?
Are you Dr. Willits?

Compare Dr. Willits

Dr. Willits says...

I am an honors graduate of the University of Texas Medical School in Houston and was awarded the Merck Manual Award for my medical school class. I completed my residency in Orthopedic Surgery, at John Peter Smith Hospital. I then went on to fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery and Spinal Reconstructive Surgery in Columbus, Ohio at The Ohio State University's Nationwide Children's Hospital. I stayed on at Nationwide Children's Hospital as an attending physician teaching residents spinal reconstructive surgery. In 2011, I moved back home to Tulsa, Oklahoma and became Director of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery at a local hospital. During my four years there I became one of the busiest spinal reconstructive surgeons in the country for people with Scoliosis. I have now established the Northeastern Oklahoma Spine Center. Through this organization I will care for spinal conditions in patients of all ages, and will continue care of patients with other deformities throughout the musculoskeletal system.

Dr. Willits says...

After my fellowship I stayed on at Nationwide Children's Hospital as an attending physician teaching residents spinal reconstructive surgery where I continued to hone my surgical skills. In 2011, I moved back home to Tulsa, Oklahoma and became Director of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery at a local hospital, becoming one of the busiest spinal reconstructive surgeons in the country for people with Scoliosis.

Dr. Willits' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available
  •  Sanctions found

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

Sanction

Dr. Willits has received 1 sanction

• Hospital Privilege Loss or Restriction (9/16/2016)
    • Action Taken: Reprimand
    • Summary: Willits, Mark B MD: License # 036141718: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician was disciplined at a healthcare facility at Bristow, Oklahoma. ACTION TAKEN: The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation issued a REPRIMAND on the physician's license.
    • State: Illinois

• Scoliosis as Part of Neurofibromatosis
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Spina Bifida
  • Spinal Instability
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Wear and Tear Arthritis

The Ohio State University Medical Center & Nationwide Children's Hospital

Completed in 2008

University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Willits does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Willits and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Complex Spine Surgery
  • Endoscopic Spinal Surgery
  • Knee Surgery
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Spine Surgery