Dr. Mark Werner, MD

Dr. Mark Werner, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Mark Werner, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Albuquerque, NM. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

5150 Journal Center Blvd NE

Albuquerque, NM 87109

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Lovelace Health Plan
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Werner

See how frequently Dr. Werner performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Runner's Knee
Internal Derangement of Knee
Osteoarthritis

Dr. Werner's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Werner "As an Orthopedic Surgeon, I believe in addressing the entire patient through coordinated medical care in addition to taking care of musculoskeletal problems. The overall health of a patient is just as important as addressing problems from arthritis or other orthopedic conditions. In addition, by being one of few surgeons in Albuquerque doing hip replacement through a direct anterior approach, recovery is faster and hospitalization shortened, getting back to more normal life more quickly."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Broken Neck
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp

• Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

• University Of Califormia At Riverside
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • David Grant Mc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Maricopa Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Werner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Werner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Werner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Werner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Werner to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Werner's Performance
Albuquerque |
Dr Werner preformed my hip replacement. He is very easy to talk to and is very professional. He made me feel confident in him and my decision proceed with the surgery.
Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Werner was very friendly and nice with all that I had done. He explained all the procedures and steps of doing my two (2) total knee replacements. These were done within 90 days of each other and they healed very quickly. I am very greatful to him and highly recommend him if you need any orthopedic procedures.
Albuquerque, NM |
Very curt and indifferent to me. I DO NOT feel the level of comfort that this man gives regarding his surgical expertise nor to my concerns about my total knee..
in San Bernardino, CA |
Total hip replacement anterior method - 10 weeks out - excellent results no pain and hiking again. Incision only 4" long and almost no limitations on movement. Not only did I find Dr. Werner to be informative, direct and honest but also kind and compassionate. Most importantly I noticed that his team and hospital staff seemed to respect and like him immensely and enjoy working with him. Highest praise!
in Albuquerque, NM |
I had both knees replaced. Dr. Werner was fantastic. I have complete confidence in Dr. Werner. Thank you so very much.
in Albuquerque, NM |
I would totally recommend Dr. Werner. He did bilateral knee replacements for me and I couldn't be more pleased. He always took time to listen to my questions and concerns. He was compassionate and honest in his responses. He was positive and encouraging regarding my progress. It was a pleasure to work with him.
in Albuquerque, NM |
I'd recommend Dr. Werner in a heartbeat! He did an excellent total hip replacement for me and I am so happy to be moving around without the pain. He was patient and knowledgeable, very friendly, and answered my many questions about the surgery. His reassuring presence before, during and after surgery was really appreciated. He was really THERE for me. I also spoke with other patients as they sat in the office waiting room - every one of them was very happy with Dr. Werner. He is World-Class!
in Albuquerque, NM |
I highly recommend Dr. Werner as an orthopedic surgeon. I am very pleased with the outcome of my total knee replacement surgery and I will return to him as needed for a possible knee replacement of my other knee.
Albuquerque, NM |
A year ago I scheduled hip surgery with Dr. Werner. A good friend had already had a wonderful experience with him, so while I was confident of his skills, I was obviously still uncertain. As promised I awoke with absolutely NO PAIN in my hip any longer. I cannot express how much I appreciate the skill, bedside manors and on-going treatment he provides. Should I need another hip replacement you can bet I will go to him again.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Werner is an amazing doctor. He has a great personality and very clearly explains what is going on and answers all questions clearly and easily understandable by his patients.
in Sandia Park, NM |
On March 30th, 2017 Dr. Werner performed hip replacement surgery on my right hip, using the direct anterior approach. The surgery took a little over 2 hours. With assistance, I was walking the halls of the hospital less than 3 hours later. I am now pain free. Less than 2 months after the surgery, I was hiking the Sandia mountains. Dr. Werner's professional knowledge, skill, and bedside manner is above reproach. I unequivocally recommend him!
in Albuquerque, NM |
Ten years ago, when I needed my hip replaced, we were forced to go to Houston to find a surgeon doing the tissue-sparing frontal approach. The results were amazing. Out of the hospital in 24 hours, I was climbing stairs without assistance in a week. When my other hip needed to be replaced, we went to Dr. Werner. My pain was gone and I was climbing stairs the morning after the surgery. Now, eight weeks out from the surgery, my hip feels like new, even better than my other hip.
in Albuquerque, NM |
After 1 1/2 yrs of pain & severe decline in mobility, I finally had a total hip replacement performed by Dr. Mark Werner. He is knowledgeable about Ehlers Danlos syndrome—a joint laxity condition that makes me more prone to post op dislocation. He agreed that the anterior approach (his specialty) would be most practical in my case. I was quickly able to walk again w/o pain & the leg length is perfect. I am very grateful to Dr. Werner who did an excellent job! He is a highly competent surgeon
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Werner is a professional and reliable doctor that very clearly possesses confidence in his abilities and skills as a surgeon. I had a hip replacement in November 2016 and my scar healed quickly (within 3 months), with absolutely no issues.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Werner is a straight forward, skillful professional. My scar after a full knee replacement (8 weeks ago) is amazing... my friends who have had knee replacements are impressed at how small and how nicely my incision is healing. I highly recommend Dr. Werner.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr Werner is an excellent surgeon! Courteous, to the point, and never rushes an appointment. The entire team at ABQ Health Partners is excellent. I especially appreciate another great surgeon there, Dr. Dameon Sacoman, who referred me. Excellent experience all the way around, and will continue to send friends and family to this wonderful practice!
in Tijeras, NM |
Dr. Werner replaced my knee, then hip. I am very active and he restored my lifestyle. Yes, he is firm in his instructions but his bedside manner is quite pleasant, for a surgeon. His work is impeccable.
in Albuquerque, NM |
I first saw Dr. Warner a year ago when I fell and broke my leg with a total knee replacement. It has to be removed and redone, and the broken legs needed repair. It was a 4 hour surgery. A knee revision is not like an original knee replacement. the procedure and recovery is way more complex. He did an amazing job and the best part is that he continues to monitor it. His assistant Emily is wonderful as well. He does a great job of educating patients about what they are dealing with.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Werner uses the anterior method of total hip replacement which is far superior to the traditional posterior method that requires much longer recovery, pain, and risk of failure. I waited three years of pain and inability to walk very well for Dr. Werner to come to Albuquerque. It was worth the aggravation and lack of mobility for that length of time to receivet an exceptional job with almost no pain and a quick recovery.
in Albuquerque |
Did a great job with my knee surgery. Hardly any after pain but whats expected.Very professional.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Werner is number 1 in my book & my husband's. He gave me 2 new knee's and my husband Ronnie 1. My husband is getting his 2nd knee in June or July. I would recommend Dr. Werner to whoever need's a knee replacement. He is strict, but that is what you need, he want!s you to walk again without any pain. His nurse is also wonderful, Emily and both of his PA's are top notch, Kirk & Gary. They are All rated #1 from the Dunnigan's. February 22, 2016
Corrales, NM |
Dr. Werner is a fabulous orthopod. From day one, I felt comfortable with him. He's no nonsense, and he answered all my questions succinctly and kindly. I would recommend him to anyone considering an anterior hip replacement. His nurse, Emily is also fabulous - they make an unbeatable team. I consider myself very fortunate to have had them.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Werner, MD?
Are you Dr. Werner?