Dr. Mark Valente, DO

Dr. Mark Valente, DO

Spinal Cord Injury Medicine | Male

DISC Spine Institute-Plano,TX 7712 San Jacinto Pl Ste 200 Plano, TX 75024 Get Directions

Dr. Valente believes in the human body's ability to heal itself. He utilizes a variety of treatment modalities such as anti-inflammatory medications, analgesics, physical therapy, aquatic therapy, massage, ultrasound, injection therapy, acupuncture and chiropractic care when appropriate. Only when a patient has been unable to alleviate symptoms with non-surgical treatments is surgery considered as part of a comprehensive treatment plan.

Dr. Mark Valente, DO is a spinal cord injury medicine doctor who practices in Plano, TX. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Valente is affiliated with Forest Park Medical Center, Wise Regional Health System- West Campus, Methodist Hospital for Surgery and Baylor Scott & White - Plano.

Dr. Valente's Experience

See how Dr. Valente's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Valente

Dr. Valente accepts 2 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Valente has admitting privileges.

Dr. Valente's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Valente to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Valente's Performance
Garland, TX |
Due to a spinal injury and major back pain Dr Valente performed a 360 spinal fusion. Dr Valente and staff went above and beyond in their care for me. They took the time to listen and answer my questions and explained everything to me. I would recommend Dr Valente and his staff to anyone with back pain now and in the future.
in Granbury, TX |
Dr. Valente a fantastic at minimally invasive surgeon of the neck and spine. He performed two separate fusion surgeries on me in 2016. My recoveries went without any problems, and exactly as he predicted. He is extremely attentive to his patients and will take the time to listen to you. His supporting staff is equally great in that they were always there to help me through the pre- and post surgery process. I have recommended Dr. Valente to coworkers, and will continue to recommend him.
in Dermott, AR |
I absolutely love my new doctor. I was a little scared of traveling 8hrs from home for dr valente to operate on my bAck. I talked to him over the phone and decided to move forward then the day before my surgery we met in his office. Very professional and all about the patient couldn't ask for a better experience
Dr. Valente offered many solutions to my neck problem along with surgery. He and I both knew that I had tried all the other solutions to no avail. Although he was confident in fixing my neck, I chickened out when it came to surgery and he was sympathetic to my worries. I left his office and said I would think about it. I decided to do it. He was sympathetic to my worries. I was amazed from the time I woke up that there was no pain in the incision and i had no complications from the surgery.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Great experience. I feel 100 times better. I have passed his information along to my clients that are experiencing neck pain. Thank you Dr. Valente
in Hurst, TX |
Being new to the Dallas-Ft. Worth area I chose Dr. Valente based on my health care coverage and by reading reviews. I could not be more pleased with my choice and will gladly recommend him and Parkway Surgical Center to anyone who mentions they are looking for this type of health care. I had herniated disc surgery the end of February and am now 3 weeks post op. I feel great! Dr. Valente and his staff are very professional and efficient and I lacked for nothing under their care.
in Plano, TX |
I had neck surgery last year from suffering years of back and neck pain. Dr Valente and his staff were very professional, friendly and courteous. I was nervous about the procedure but with their help and support I came through it successfully. I have referred Dr Valente to family, friends and co-workers. Thank you Dr Valente and staff for changing my life!
in Southlake, TX |
Best spine surgeon! I have suffered with severe back and nerve paun for years, with six failed back surgeries between 1998-2004. I had all but given up. When the pain became too much to bear I reached out to Dr. Valente and never regretted it. Had surgery on Jan 23. The horrific nerve pain down both legs is completely gone and for the first time in almost 20 years I had feeling in my foot again! Dr. Valente is a consummate professional who truly cares about his patients.
in Burleson, TX |
Look no further! You can have a better life. He is the very best! He loves his patients and listens to every word!! He is one of a kind! His patience is beyond any Doctor I've ever seen. Perfect bedside manners. Thank you Doctor Valente Linda B Burleson
in North Richland Hills, TX |
I saw Dr. Valente in November for neck pain and numbness in me right arm. He sent me for an MRI which revealed I needed surgery of the C3-C7 Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. When I received the news, I was shocked and very afraid. Due to the severity of my case, Dr. Valente immediately fit me into his surgery schedule to make sure the surgery could be performed before my insurance ran out. 2 weeks postop and I feel great! He is a fantastic doctor and his staff is superb! He's got this!!!
in Dallas, Tx |
My husband had his procedure earlier this week at Pine Creek Medical Center. We learned later that the day of my husband's surgery was also Dr. Valente's birthday! Happy Belated Birthday! My husband has an underlying issue that turned into a complication (not related to his back surgery). The swiftness of the staff was amazing and the "tough love" Dr. Valente showed my husband, coupled with respect and care was above and beyond. Thank you, Dr. Valente and to his team for helping my husband!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Valente has given me another chance, I had been suffering from lower back pain for many years. Over that time I had visits with a chiropractor and pain management doctor which included pain pills and injections to my spine. Dr. Valente reviewed my MRI and assured me some relief with the procedure he recommended. It's been 11 months now since my surgery and I feel great! Him and his staff are 1st class and would recommend him to anyone suffering back pain.
in Dallas, TX 75224 |
I met with Dr. Valente and was impressed with him from the very outset. We discussed my situation and he suggested that I go ahead and prepare myself for surgery since my MRI did indicate the need. He went on to say because I had had two previous surgeries with two previous surgeons if I wanted someone else to do the surgery that was fine; but he felt that it needed to be done. Based on his general concern for my welfare as a patient I decided that day that he would be my surgeon. No regrets.
in NRH Tx |
Great experience with Dr. Valente, his staff, and the surgery center!
in Midland, TX |
I was very nervous about reaching out to a surgeon I'd never heard of or met. From the time I stepped into Dr. Valente's office, I felt at peace. His office staff is compassionate and extremely helpful. Dr. Valente explained the procedure I would have and there have been no surprises. I highly recommend Dr. Valente and his staff. My L5/S1 fusion procedure has been a life changer!!
in Ft Worth, TX |
After years dealing with excruciating pain, trying several medical treatments and alternative options I was referred to the magnificent Dr. Valente! I recommend Dr. Valente because of his dedication to the well being of his patients... From day one my family and I have been provided with first class service by Dr. Valente and his care team.
in Granbury, TX |
I was treated so well. He listens and tries to make you feel so comfortable. My surgery went great and from my first phone call until now, I have always felt likevhe and his staff actually care about their patients.
in Decatur, Tx |
when I was finally referred to Dr. Valente, he immediately read and studied all the test that had been conducted on me and gave me choices. I chose the surgery he recommended and haven't felt this good in several years. He was always very prompt, straight forward and to the point. After surgery, when I had a few concerns due to a small car accident and some swelling in the lower leg area even though after midnight, Dr.Valente personally called to speak with me about any concerns.
in Denton, TX |
Honest, straight-forward about the condition of my back. Surgery went great and I'm doing 90% better than before the surgery.
in Texarkana, TX |
Awesome! After a fall 9 years ago, I have not been able to feel the bottom of my feet, had incredible constant pain and burning down my right leg. I tried to get help from several doctors in 3 different states over past 9 years, no-one seemed to think they could help me. Dr. Valente looked me in the eye and guaranteed me he could make it better. It was a 45 minute procedure and I was pain free from the minute I woke up.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Valente and his staff showed a high level of compassion and professionalism throughout my time spent at the office and hospital. There was little wait time in the office and Dr. Valente was extremely thorough and attentive to my situation. The surgery was performed without a hitch and I am fully recovered despite suffering through years of back pain. I highly recommend him to everyone!
in Texas |
I feel like I am truly blessed to have met this man. What a life saver. My back pain had gotten so bad, I couldn't mow my lawn or walk around the grocery store. Dr. Valente took the time to explain my problem to me so that I could understand it. After my procedure, he and his staff were excellent. Now I am back to my old self and I have him to thank for it. Thank your Dr. Valente.
in Arlington, TX |
Seems like a nice enough guy, but was texting or looking at his phone almost the entire time we were in the office. I don't know that he ever even made eye contact with us during our initial visit.
in Durant Ok |
Forgets past patients and those with medicare even thought no problem getting his $ in the past
in Ft Worth, TX |
i had anterior and posterior fusion done on my L4 L5 and S1 disc. surgery went very well and i am now feeling 95% better. I would recommend Dr Valente to anyone
in Ft Worth, TX |
I went to see him after 22 years of back pain. He had to do a full fusion but, wasn't sure how well it would work since I was about 10 years too late for 100% recovery. HE said my nerve was mangled and we would just have to see. I am 4 months out of surgery and I feel great. I still get a little pain every once in a while but he did an amazing job and I would say 95% recovered. He is a WONDERFUL doctor and person, I would recommend him to EVERYONE!
in Garland, Tx |
Dr. Valente is one of the greatest doctors I've met and the staff is wenderfull . They all make you feel like you're visiting your friends , not like you're in a doctor's office . If you have back pain, back of your legs pain ( my case) go see Dr. Valente. You'll be in great hands. Thank you Dr. Valente and staff. You changed my life in way better way.
in Bridgeport, TX |
Dr Valente performed major back surgery(5-1/2 hours) on Dec. 7,2015 to correct my back problems. I am very pleased with the results this early after surgery. Dr Valente is very knowledable and skilled, I would recommended him to anyone needing back surgery. Dave Samstag
Have you seen Dr. Mark Valente, DO?
Are you Dr. Valente?

Compare Dr. Valente

Dr. Valente's Care Philosophy

Dr. Valente's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Spinal Cord Injury Medicine

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
      • Leg Pain
      • Lumbar Spine Fracture
      • Neck Pain
      • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
      • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

University of California At San Diego

Completed in 2010

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Valente does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Valente and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Spinal Cord Injury Medicine

• Herniated Disc Surgery
      • Hip Replacement
      • Kyphoplasty
      • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
      • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
      • Laminectomy