Dr. Mark C. Valente, DO

Dr. Mark C. Valente, DO

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male | 39 years old

Dr. Valente believes in the human body's ability to heal itself. He utilizes a variety of treatment modalities such as anti-inflammatory medications, analgesics, physical therapy, aquatic therapy, massage, ultrasound, injection therapy, acupuncture and chiropractic care when appropriate. Only when a patient has been unable to alleviate symptoms with non-surgical treatments is surgery considered as part of a comprehensive treatment plan.Read more

Dr. Valente's Experience

See how Dr. Valente's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Valente

Dr. Valente accepts 2 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Valente has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Valente
Dr. Valente's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (88)
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Valente has given me another chance, I had been suffering from lower back pain for many years. Over that time I had visits with a chiropractor and pain management doctor which included pain pills and injections to my spine. Dr. Valente reviewed my MRI and assured me some relief with the procedure he recommended. It's been 11 months now since my surgery and I feel great! Him and his staff are 1st class and would recommend him to anyone suffering back pain.
in Dallas, TX 75224 |
I met with Dr. Valente and was impressed with him from the very outset. We discussed my situation and he suggested that I go ahead and prepare myself for surgery since my MRI did indicate the need. He went on to say because I had had two previous surgeries with two previous surgeons if I wanted someone else to do the surgery that was fine; but he felt that it needed to be done. Based on his general concern for my welfare as a patient I decided that day that he would be my surgeon. No regrets.
in NRH Tx |
Great experience with Dr. Valente, his staff, and the surgery center!
in Midland, TX |
I was very nervous about reaching out to a surgeon I'd never heard of or met. From the time I stepped into Dr. Valente's office, I felt at peace. His office staff is compassionate and extremely helpful. Dr. Valente explained the procedure I would have and there have been no surprises. I highly recommend Dr. Valente and his staff. My L5/S1 fusion procedure has been a life changer!!
in Ft Worth, TX |
After years dealing with excruciating pain, trying several medical treatments and alternative options I was referred to the magnificent Dr. Valente! I recommend Dr. Valente because of his dedication to the well being of his patients... From day one my family and I have been provided with first class service by Dr. Valente and his care team.
in Granbury, TX |
I was treated so well. He listens and tries to make you feel so comfortable. My surgery went great and from my first phone call until now, I have always felt likevhe and his staff actually care about their patients.
in Decatur, Tx |
when I was finally referred to Dr. Valente, he immediately read and studied all the test that had been conducted on me and gave me choices. I chose the surgery he recommended and haven't felt this good in several years. He was always very prompt, straight forward and to the point. After surgery, when I had a few concerns due to a small car accident and some swelling in the lower leg area even though after midnight, Dr.Valente personally called to speak with me about any concerns.
in Denton, TX |
Honest, straight-forward about the condition of my back. Surgery went great and I'm doing 90% better than before the surgery.
in Texarkana, TX |
Awesome! After a fall 9 years ago, I have not been able to feel the bottom of my feet, had incredible constant pain and burning down my right leg. I tried to get help from several doctors in 3 different states over past 9 years, no-one seemed to think they could help me. Dr. Valente looked me in the eye and guaranteed me he could make it better. It was a 45 minute procedure and I was pain free from the minute I woke up.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Valente and his staff showed a high level of compassion and professionalism throughout my time spent at the office and hospital. There was little wait time in the office and Dr. Valente was extremely thorough and attentive to my situation. The surgery was performed without a hitch and I am fully recovered despite suffering through years of back pain. I highly recommend him to everyone!
in Texas |
I feel like I am truly blessed to have met this man. What a life saver. My back pain had gotten so bad, I couldn't mow my lawn or walk around the grocery store. Dr. Valente took the time to explain my problem to me so that I could understand it. After my procedure, he and his staff were excellent. Now I am back to my old self and I have him to thank for it. Thank your Dr. Valente.
in Arlington, TX |
Seems like a nice enough guy, but was texting or looking at his phone almost the entire time we were in the office. I don't know that he ever even made eye contact with us during our initial visit.
in Durant Ok |
Forgets past patients and those with medicare even thought no problem getting his $ in the past
in Ft Worth, TX |
i had anterior and posterior fusion done on my L4 L5 and S1 disc. surgery went very well and i am now feeling 95% better. I would recommend Dr Valente to anyone
in Ft Worth, TX |
I went to see him after 22 years of back pain. He had to do a full fusion but, wasn't sure how well it would work since I was about 10 years too late for 100% recovery. HE said my nerve was mangled and we would just have to see. I am 4 months out of surgery and I feel great. I still get a little pain every once in a while but he did an amazing job and I would say 95% recovered. He is a WONDERFUL doctor and person, I would recommend him to EVERYONE!
in Garland, Tx |
Dr. Valente is one of the greatest doctors I've met and the staff is wenderfull . They all make you feel like you're visiting your friends , not like you're in a doctor's office . If you have back pain, back of your legs pain ( my case) go see Dr. Valente. You'll be in great hands. Thank you Dr. Valente and staff. You changed my life in way better way.
in Bridgeport, TX |
Dr Valente performed major back surgery(5-1/2 hours) on Dec. 7,2015 to correct my back problems. I am very pleased with the results this early after surgery. Dr Valente is very knowledable and skilled, I would recommended him to anyone needing back surgery. Dave Samstag
Have you seen Dr. Mark C. Valente, DO?
Are you Dr. Valente?

Compare Dr. Valente

Dr. Valente's Care Philosophy

Dr. Valente's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Leg Pain
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

University Of California At San Diego

Completed in 2010

University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Valente does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Valente and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Replacement
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.