Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 50

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Destin, FL and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Tenholder has extensive experience in Knee & Lower Limb Surgery. He graduated from University of Florida College of Medicine in 1997. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Ascension Sacred Heart Emerald Coast and HCA Florida Fort Walton-destin Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD

Orthopaedic Associates

36474C Emerald Coast Pkwy Ste 3101 Destin, FL 32541
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Tenholder with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital today at (850) 936-9439.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital.

Dr. Tenholder's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tenholder

Awesome Doctor!
I went to Dr. Tenholder for a second opinion. He was professional, thorough and kind as well as was the rest of the staff. I was able to get an appointment in a timely manner. I had my surgery and am on the mend. I appreciated the daily follow ups through the patient portal. I highly recommend Dr. Tenholder!
TJones – Jan 26, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?
Dr. Tenholder performed total knee replacements on both knees and was so professional, warm and compassionate. I couldn't have asked for better care and outcome. I would absolutely recommend him and his wonderful staff for any orthopaedic issue.
J. Harrison – Jan 24, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?
Tenholder is just the best. Fixed both hips now.
Dr Tenholder is personable and professional. His staff is professional and caring as well. All around a very reassuring process and great respect for his skills and competence.
Susan Lowrey-Sexton – Jan 04, 2023
Excellent Hip Replacement Program
My experience was phenomenal. Dr Tenholder has a team that is caring and efficient. He followed me from the beginning of process on a daily basis. This approach is a stress reliever. His navigators are on top of his schedule and walk you through each step until surgery. The wellness loop is great and guides you thru pre and post op procedures. Dr Tenholder is there for you daily after surgery . Sacred heart was awesome from surgery checkin to checkout. The nurses at sacred heart treated me with care and compassion I recommend Dr Tenholder and his staff
Sylvia Newnom – Oct 26, 2022
Dr. Tenholder - Total Knee Replacement
Dr. Tenholder was very thorough in his pre-op treatment, day of surgery, and post-op followups. Procedure was explained and all my questions answered. No complications from surgery, just normal "work thru the pain and swelling." Emphasis was also placed on the importance of quickly regaining my knee movement and exercises to do so, in addition to at- home PT for 2 weeks and later out-patient PT. His entire staff was caring, helpful, and friendly. Both to myself and also I noticed their friendliness with numerous patients I encountered during my visits. Each patient was treated very professionally. I would highly recommend Dr. Tenholder and his staff for joint replacement.
Oct 21, 2022
Exceptional Surgeon and Team
Dr. Tenholder and his team could not have been better. He took the time to describe the problem, the surgical repair process, the expectations for recovery and answered all my questions. Best and most professional team in orthopedic care. Rotator cuff surgery provided full range of motion and eliminated the previous pain. In addition to great care, Dr. Tenholder was on schedule for all appointments from the initial consultation to the final follow up.
Phillip Staggs – Aug 30, 2022
TKA
I can’t be more pleased with my surgery. Dr. Tenholder and his amazing staff are extremely proficient, courteous and just all around good caring people. I wish I had done my surgery 2 years ago!! They are and have been committed to getting me to walk and function properly. They are a First Class Team!!
Gail – Aug 16, 2022
Excellent Physician and Exccellent Staff
Dr. Tenholder replaced my left hip. I had my right hip replaced years ago. Everything was organized by the staff for the surgery, etc. from the time I had my first visit. This time, I had no pain from the time I woke up from the surgery. There were no complications. The recovery was quick. The care I was given was excellent by all staff and assistants. The physical therapy I received was top of the line. I do not have one complaint. I would highly recommend Dr. Tenholder and would certainly request his services should I need any help.
PSL – Jul 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?
Dr Tenholder and his staff are fantastic. From office visit to surgery, and back to recovery has been a beyond expectation experience. Their expertise, professionalism, and patient care says it all. They are the top notch!
Mike Jones – May 28, 2022
Partial Knee Replacement
Dr. Tenholder and his staff at Orthopaedics Associates provided excellent care throughout the process of examination of my knee, suggesting possible courses of treatment and performing the surgery and follow up. I would recommend them to anyone needing their services.
CEN – May 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?
Torn ligaments after TKA and response was immediate.
Thomas Stenson – May 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?
Don’t have enough adjectives to describe my experience with Dr. Tenholder & his team! The results for my hip replacement were amazing ! No pain and faster recovering pace than I anticipated. Thought my age might slow me down but a positive attitude made a big difference & having Dr. T. & a plus A Team ! The Get Well Loop was a daily reminder that all had the same goal & that they cared! Sincere thanks & God's blessings on Dr. Tenholder & his team! Linda
Linda Maddox – May 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?
Dr. Tendolder & his entire team are amazing. They are professional, caring & always take the time to isten to my concerns. I had a hip replacement a couple of weeks ago and for the first time in a long, long time I can walk w/o pain. I highly recommend Dr. Tendolder.
Apr 28, 2022
Excellent doctor
I went to Dr Tenholder with pain in hip. After trying different ways to relieve pain, I had a total hip replacement. This procedure went very well, follow up incredible. Office professional and check in on a daily basis was excellent. Would highly recommend. His manner is relaxing, assuring and encouraging.
Apr 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?
Dr. Mark Tenholder is an excellent physician/surgeon. My recent total left knee replacement went very smoothly. (My previous right knee replacement was performed in Memphis.) My experience with his office has been encouraging and an excellent experience. Rick and Malcolm are outstanding professionals that work with Dr. Tenholder. I would highly recommend Dr. Tenholder and this team to everyone. Physical Therapy is very important for full recovery. Thank you, Dr. Tenholder! Susan Edmonds
Susan Edmonds – Mar 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?
Highly recommend Dr. Tenholder and his team.He has replaced both hips and It was an easy recovery both times. The daily app to check in with him is also helpful. Great doctor!
Feb 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?
This was my second Total knee replacement with Dr Tenholder Highly recommended as I came from Hawaii to have this done due his expertise and success. His team is very professional and highly trained. Kept me well informed as to where we were and what was next.
Jerry Moore – Feb 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?
The best for knee replacements
I just had two total knee replacements, 3 months apart. The office is so efficient and explains everting, and Dr. Tenholder is never pushy about having surgery. You can wait months or years, whenever you’re ready. He is excellent!
Happy patient – Feb 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?
Total left knee replacement surgery.
Dr. Mark Tenholder, is with Orthopedic Associates, in Destin Florida. Dr. Tenholder was highly recommended by several of his former knee replacement patients that are friends of ours here in PCB, Florida. From our very first consultation, we were very pleased with his pleasant and very through details about my future surgery. Following, my surgery Dr. Tenholder and all his TEAM have been exceptional. I plan to have this Team do my right knee replacement as soon as I fully rehab from my left knee replacement.
Jan 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?
Awesome doctor. Very professional with great bedside manner. All of his staff is great and very proud to work with him. I will go to him from anywhere to have a procedure done.
  • Long wait times
EDS – Oct 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Tenholder, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tenholder?