Dr. Mark Sultan, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male • Age 63

28 Reviews

Dr. Mark Sultan, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 37 years. He specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

Dr. Sultan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sultan

4.2

Dr. Sultan?
Dr. Sultan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Sultan, MD
Best surgical/post-care experience I’ve ever had. The care, the facilities, his team — all best in class. He is a wonderful surgeon/artist and just a really good guy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sultan, MD?
I cannot recommend Dr. Sultan highly enough. I suffered for 15 years from complications of TRAM breast reconstruction surgery. Dr. Sultan was able to reconstruct my abdomen, remove scar tissue, and return my organs to their natural function, AND achieve an aesthetically pleasing result. Not only is Dr. Sultan caring and highly professional in manner, his entire team from reception to nurses is warm and extremely helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sultan, MD?
I have had a phenomenal experience with Dr. Sultan. I did a full face list. The compliments I have received on the transformation of my face are endless. I look like myself, but 10+ years younger. He and his staff are so kind and attentive. Within 3 weeks I was back at work and probably could have returned earlier with a little cover up. I can't say enough wonderful things about my whole experience at Dr. Sultan's office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sultan, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Sultan. He was attentive to my needs from the first consultation, during my face lift and the aftercare. He listened carefully to what I wanted changed on my face and shared his thoughts. He told me that he wants my face to look as natural as possible. I am amazed how my '75 year old' face looks 15 to 20 years younger. I showed my husband a picture of me in 1969. He said,"My gosh! You look closer to that age than any of your other pictures."
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sultan, MD?
This doctor is one of the most skilled, kind, compassionate, empathic, and talented human beings I have ever had the pleasure of having work on me. Although I would not wish the medical ordeal that led me to his door on my worst enemy, he was the saving grace of the entire experience. Throughout serious emergencies and surgical complications that were caused by my pre-existing conditions and the fragile state of my skin, he navigated them expertly and made me look like a work of art.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sultan, MD?
Dr Sultan did my face/neck and eyes. He recommended a small chin implant which at first I was not sure about but he was right it looks fantastic. A year later I look 10 years younger. I get so many compliments I am sure they are wondering did I get work done or did I look better because I lost 25 pounds. I look so natural I keep everyone guessing. His staff are as kind and genuine as he is. Terrific after care with the nurses. I am going back for breast lift and reduction. I am so fortunate!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sultan, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Sultan and his stellar team. From his wonderful bedside manner, to the friendly office team and his incredible work. I am forever grateful to have had him as my doctor, initially for an elective procedure and a few years later for a reconstructive procedure after radiation treatment. He is honest about all aspects of the procedures and spends time explaining and answering questions. The outcome far exceeded my expectations. I looked like me, only better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sultan, MD?
Dr. Sultan ruined my eyes forever after he performed an over agressive upper blepharoplasty. My eyes do NOT close. My eye shape and size do not match, my eyes are round and beady now, not almond shaped, my eyelashes point down, the skin on my eyelid is loose and wrinkled. I live w/ constant headaches, ointment in my eyes to protect my corneas and need to wear external eyeweights to bed to try to keep my lids from flying open all night since the upper lids were cut too short. It’s a disaster.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sultan, MD?
While I cannot comment on this doctor surgical skill because he did not operate on me, I had the most horrible experience during my consultation with him for the revision of my breast reconstruction. He was condescending and very disrespectful, only because he found out that the surgeon who did my initial reconstruction was his colleague.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sultan, MD?
Dr. Sultan is a superb surgeon. I had surgery a few months ago and am very pleased with the results. I wanted to continue looking like me. I didn't want to look as if I had had work done. The outcome met those objectives! It's not an easy process to go through but Dr. Sultan and his nurses were very helpful every step of the way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sultan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sultan?

Dr. Sultan accepts

• Deformities of Auricle or Pinna
  • Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Dermabrasion
  • Dermal Filler
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Mandibular Hypoplasia
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Skin Grafts
  • Small Chin
  • Wound Repair

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

1982
Columbia U, College Of Phys/Surg

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sultan treats patients.

60% Patient experience rating, 9% lower than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)

65% Patient experience rating, 4% lower than the national average

57% Patient experience rating, 12% lower than the national average

Roosevelt Hospital

New York, NY
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)