Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Mark Spicer, MD
Dr. Mark Spicer, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Murrieta, CA. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Spicer is affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical Center - Murrieta.

28078 Baxter Rd Ste 430

• HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Spicer

See how frequently Dr. Spicer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Spine
Herniated Disc Surgery
Spine Disorders
high

Dr. Spicer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Spicer "It is my care philosophy to help patients regain their independence and demonstrate the Departments commitment to healing individuals and not just surgically treating their medical condition."

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Tumor
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Rhinorrhea

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for California.

• Leeds U
  • University Of Southern California
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • PHD University Of London
    Other Education | Completed 1988

Dr. Spicer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Spicer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Spicer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Spicer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Spicer to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Spicer's Performance
in Lake elsinore |
Dr Spicer I would like to Thank you so much for all your compassion, knowledge and the Love you show to your patients Im so grateful to you treating my husband. When no one wants to help or actually do their job correctly. You find a way to get things done..I appreciate you so much... words cant even express.. We Thank you for all that you do Making us feel like family and not just another patient..You are AWESOME. Much Love Dr Spicer From Cheryl and Eddie Ortiz
Hemet, CA |
wish I could say something good other than he is a nice looking man,
in Ontario, CA |
Dr. Spicer was wonderful, very good about explaining every detail regarding my condition BUT his office staff is rude, incompetent and unresponsive. I saw the Dr. 4 weeks ago and he ordered PT x 6 weeks. I waited a week and called my PCP who had not rec'd notes yet. Well, 5 phone calls to Dr. Spicer's office with messages to call me and send notes to my PCP. Still have not rec'd one phone call from them, and after 4 weeks, no notes to my PCP. This has caused me to have to cancel PT & Surg.
Hemet, CA |
His office is beautiful. He is very kind and he always listens to all our questions and always answers them. He squeezed me in with my appointment without waiting. His staff is absolutely amazing!! He is a very awesome man , intelligent and show passion towards his field and in helping people. He was there when I had my surgery he was always making sure i was conpletely comfortable and he took very good care of me.
San Jacinto, CA |
I had a successful 4part lumbar S1 fusion surgery. Have had back pain for 15 years. 5 years ago I knew I needed surgery. The search for a surgeon began. Not only did I find a lot of quacks I found a lot of just don't care surgeons. Let's get it done the old treat and street routine. When I met Dr. Spicer he impressed me with his compassion and knowledge. He knew what I needed and we got down to business. Why did I chose him? He does damned good work. Thank you doctor Mark.
Hemet, CA |
Today was my first vist, Wow Dr.Spicer is very nice, He took the time to explain everything to me, If I have to have neck surgery ,Which I don`t want to, Dr. Spicer is the Doctor I will have surgery with, very happy with his office and the Doc!
in Temecula, CA |
Horrible. They don't care about their patients. I have stenosis, C-6 & 7. Dr. Spicer recommended disc replacement surgery as soon as possible. He said that if I do not have the surgery, I could end up crippled. Well, that was 7/8/16. It is now 8/23, and they have cancelled my surgery 3 times. The first time they cancelled my surgery, it was the same day of my surgery! No calls from their office to reschedule until 3 days later. I am in extreme pain, left many messages, no calls back.
in Aguanga, CA |
I went to see Dr. Spicer for a 2nd opinion for possible back surgery. He LISTENED which was of great comfort considering the amount of discomfort I am in. He went over my MRI's with me explaining why this would be a difficult surgery and not very successful in relieving pain-and possibly getting worse. Although I was hoping for a yes, let's do this surgery and everything will be great, I appreciated his truthfulness.
in Lake Elsinore, CA |
I would Highly recommend Dr. Spicer as a result of my past experience. I have had a artificial disc replaced in my neck, C5 and C6, and have no problems what so ever. It's like nothing ever happened to my neck. I feel like I have a new lease on life. Kudu's to you Dr. Spicer.
in Hemmet, CA |
Dr. Spicer performed successful artificial cervical disc replacement surgery and a bilateral decompression surgery on my lower spine. Not only is he a highly skilled surgeon but he projects a genuinely friendly personality that immediately puts one at ease. His easy to understand explinations makes the entire surgical process nearly worry-free. His post-op follow up is handled equally as well. Through his expertise and kindness he has added additional happy years to my life.
in Homeland, CA |
I just left Mark's office for my post op appointment and I am a happy man. I thought my condition was untreatable. I had difficulty walking, I had no feeling in my legs and was in a tremendous amount of pain. From the moment I walked into his office and met with him I knew I had stumbled upon an VERY SPECIAL doctor. He listened to my list of woes, looked at all my tests and told me that I was very fixable. And he was right! Thank you again Mark, for giving me my quality of life back.
Dr. Spicer is a compassionate human in addition to being a highly skilled and phenomenal neurosurgeon.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Spicer, MD?
Are you Dr. Spicer?