Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 41

Dr. Shekhman

Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Farmington, CT and has been practicing for 11 years. He graduated from University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine in 2002 and specializes in reconstructive orthopedic surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shekhman

4.1

Dr. Shekhman?
Dr. Shekhman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD
Went to see him for my knee and was very clear that surgery was a last resort. Wanted to try physical therapy, cortisone etc before surgery. After review of test results he sent his PA in to tell me I needed surgery. First, surgery was my last choice, and second, don't send me a PA to tell me that!!!
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
Dr. Shekhman did an absolute perfect job doing a partial knee replacement on my right knee.I walked out of the hospital the afternoon of the surgery,and in three weeks was able to bend my knee 127 degrees, &walk without any pain.He was Friendly,courteous,and very informative as to how the whole procedure would go.I highly recommend him as an outstanding surgeon in his field,....so much so that I've asked him to do my other knee ASAP.
Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
The worst physician experience in my life. He was condescending and pompous. Defended 2 hour wait in a colleague’s office by saying “you should know to bring a book, we are surgeons.” He disparaged the orthopedist that referred me saying he should not have done my knee replacement because of my BMI. Accused me of lying to his colleague about my weight, which was higher, last year, and who did my other knee replacement. I felt discriminated against for my age and weight. No patient respect.
We regret to hear that you had such a poor...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Shekhman for years. He's always been honest and forthright treating me conservatively until I was ready for surgery. I was home the same day and was amazed at my recovery. Would recommend him to anyone.
Thank you! We appreciate your long-term...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
Terrible experience, after waiting an hour to see him he spent 5 minutes with me. He said hip was fine even though I’ve had years of pain. I’ve worked in healthcare my entire life and have never experienced such deplorable care.
We regret to hear that you were disappointed with...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
In my first appointment with Dr. Shekhman I found him to be very condescending. He was very quick to tell me that there was nothing wrong with my knee. After a few months, and the pain increasing, I had another appointment with him. He kept me waiting for an hour after which I opted to leave and not wait any longer. I would not recommend Dr. Shekhman to anyone
We regret that we did not get the opportunity to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
It has been 14 months since Dr. Shekhman replaced my left hip. I am 74 years old and finally pain free and have amazing mobility with my new hip. I would recommend Dr. Shekhman to anyone!
Thank you Lynn!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
Words can't express how grateful I am for Dr Shekhman and his peers. They did an amazing job on my Total Left Hip Replacement. At 33 years old, I was unable to have basic mobility. Although I am still in recovery, I can already see a world of a difference.
Very happy to hear!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
Dr. Shekman is an excellent surgeon. I have total faith and confidence in him as he looks at the total picture before surgery and engages his patient in best pre and post-surgery options for optimum recovery. I would highly recomend Dr. Shekman to my family and friends..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
Dr Shehkman is the very best! I had a terrible traumatic injury to my right arm and he performed 5 hours of surgery that not only saved my arm but made it almost completely functional. he was honest and up-front about what I should expect both before and after the surgery. I recommend him whole heartedly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
Dr. Shekhman was professional, caring and very responsive to my needs. I had 2 hip Arthroscopes and a labral tear repaired completed within 3 months. The result was nothing short of spectacular. He worked around my availability and guided me through my recovery. The doctor is personable and very easy to talk to. The doctor explained all aspects of the surgeries before, explained what to expect and went over all the detailed results after the both operations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
Dr. Shekhman performed a total hip replacement on me two years ago. The operation went extremely well. I was up and walking four hours after the surgery doing physical therapy! This is after years of pain and limping. The results far surpassed my expectations. I am back to working out in the martial arts, exercising with kettle bells and hiking. I just had my two year follow-up visit and everything is perfect! I would recommend him to anyone. He is worth the drive from anywhere in the state.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
I can't say enough about my total experience with Dr. Sheikhman! He is impeccable, professional, knowledgeable, respectful , polite, & most personable. I wish all physicians were like him! My total hip replacement went amazingly well & I have a minimal scar. I was up & walking immediately the night after surgery & after just 2 weeks of recovery, did a 2 mile walk! I hold only the highest regard for Dr.Shekhman & will return to him to replace my second hip.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
My husband has a genetic peripheral neuropathy and his R knee was very out of alignment due to wear and tear. Right off the cuff he was very familiar with the neurological condition and had treated other people with it. He took his time and answered all our questions, and told us the risks of waiting too long. He replaced my husband's knee and it came out perfectly straight. When my husband fell 6 weeks later and split the knee open, Dr. Shekhman stayed at the hospital late to repair the knee.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
I had a hip problem and was not familiar with any surgeons in my area. I read about Dr. Mark Shekhman on the Health Grades web site. I could not have made a better choice. He put me at ease from the very start and was very easy to talk to. He never made me feel he was in any hurry and answered all my questions. I had my hip surgery 4 months ago and it could not have gone better. There were no complications and I healed very quickly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
Very disappointed with my initial visit after I had an MRI diagnose Osteonecrosis in my left hip. Severely understaffed, was not prepared with my info ESPECIALLY my MRI that was ordered by another doctor in same group . I asked did you review my MRI I just had taken for this appointment his response was yeah normally my girls have selected x-rays and films up on your chart for when I review with patients and he left it at that, never even bothered with trying to pull them up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
I saw Dr. Shekhman as x-rays indicated bone on bone in my right hip. I?m 53, play hockey & wood bat baseball. Dr. Shekhman gave me 2 options; hip replace or Burnham resurface. We chose resurfacing & w/in 2 weeks I was easily walking including up/down stairs. After 4 weeks I can now literally jog if I so dared. No pain/no limp. Follow-up x-rays showed perfect alignment of the new metal femoral to my good side. Awesome doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
Extraordinary knowledge and care. Exceptional compassion. I came from FL to have only Dr Shekhman do my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
Had a wonderful experience with a total knee replacement with Dr. Shekhman.. He has the best bed side manor. He explained every little detail about the surgery and recovery so you clearly understood what was going to happen. His staff is also the best, making or changing appointments is always an easy experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Shekhman, MD?
As far as I am concerned he saved by life. I had a knee replacement in spring of 2013 by fall of 2014 I had a severe infection in my leg, due to the original surgeon, who will remain nameless, put a nickel component in me after I had informed him I was very allergic to nickel. Dr. Shekhman removed it put in an antibiotic spacer for 2 months and I received IV antibiotics for those 2 months. In early March of 2015 he placed a titanium knee in my leg. I am pain free and loving it. Thank you.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Shekhman?

"Dr. Mark Shekhman comes to the Hartford community with extensive training at internationally renowned medical programs. After receiving his Bachelors of Science from the University of Western Ontario he earned his Doctor of Medicine degree at the Un...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

2007
2002

• Russian

Dr. Shekhman accepts

Dr. Shekhman accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
NGS CoreSource
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Shekhman's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bi-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Broken Arm
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Computer-Assisted Total Hip Replacement
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Knee Tendon Repair
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Mini Knee Surgery
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wear and Tear Arthritis

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Shekhman treats patients.

Hartford Hospital