Dr. Mark Shaw, MD

Practices Diagnostic Radiology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 43 reviews.
Author:
Amazing doctor! Dr. Shaw is very knowledgeable and compassionate. I had seen several other doctors for the same issue but none were able to help me. Dr. Shaw quickly solved the problem and was able to finally give me relief! I highly recommend him. The office staff is amazing and very caring. The whole experience was exactly what you would expect from someone providing excellent medical care!
Author:
Quite simply-the best care anywhere. Dr. Shaw and staff are truly exceptional. So nice to live without chronic lower back pain.
Author:
I went to see Dr. Shaw because he was recommended by my neurosurgeon. I have a buldging disc and spinal stenosis, and so I had a steroid shot in my back. At first, I was scared because I don't like needles in my back, but they put me at ease. The girl that took me back to explain everything was so kind and very thorough. The procedure was very quick and I was told that it would take 12 to 48 hours to take affect. I was so amazed when I was able to roll over in bed without any pain !
Author:
Dr Shaw is a very kind an informative physician. He and his nurse Emily could not have made me more at easy with my spine injections. Dr Shaw has a magic touch because I never felt any pain. I have seen him twice for nerve damage in my leg and foot. I think after today, I might be pain free from an aggravation that has lasted about 30 years. A nice and compassionate man with a genuine smile!!
Author:
What can I say. Dr. Shaw is an awesome doctor and cares about his patient. The minute I met him, I felt like I have known him for years. He sat down with me and explained everything to me. Asked if I had any questions. Prepping for the injection, he told me every step he was doing and what to expect. I would highly recommend Dr. Shaw to anyone. Practice is easy to get to as well.
Author:
My first time to see Dr.Shaw was incredible. I had a steroid injection in my spine. It was great. I had dreaded my appt. But I never felt a thing. He was very gentle, asked me how I was the entire time and was very personable. His staff was warm and engaging. I was very impressed with the whole experience. No one wants to have this done but if necessary he's the one you want to go to! The whole experience was good! Believe me this is where you want to go if necessary!!
Author:
I had never had this procedure before, and was confident that it would be a good experience, just from the good reports from friends that were former patients. Dr. Shaw and his staff were amazing, and no one deserves five stars more thanDr. Shaw ! I was at once put at ease by a friendly and professional manner. Everything was explained in words that I understood, he was quick and efficient, and minimum discomfort...I was amazed and pleased !
Author:
Just had a procedure done by Dr. Shaw and his very capable assistant and he is Very good. With the condition of my back, he had to "hunt" for the right place to put the shot; but he was able to put it into the right spot to relieve my intense pain that I had been enduring for the past two months. I would definitely go back to his friendly, caring office or recommend his group to my friends if they needed help.
Author:
I have been having Spinal injections for over 20 years. Dr. Shaw is light years better than anything in my previous experience. Minimum pain. Maximum effectiveness. It actually makes me angry at the incompetence I must have encountered before I met him.
Author:
Dr. Shaw and staff are terrific! I will never go to anyone else. He and his nurse Emily both have a great bedside manner; they explain everything in detail and check often to make sure you are comfortable.
Author:
Dr. Shaw is absolutely the best! I have a fear of needles and I never felt anything or had any anxiety! His entire staff are SO calming and helpful. I would recommend him to everyone.
Author:
He was so friendly and both him and his nurse were so helpful and really took time with me.
Author:
The anticipation of going to a doctor that you know is going to insert a needle in your spine is unnerving to the bravest of patients. I am not one of those brave patients. I will tell you that I recommend Dr. Mark Shaw so readily and his staff. I was so impressed that if need be I would go easily if I ever needed their services again. I recommend you call and feel confident of their abilities in this field. From the appointment call to the nurse Emily to Dr. Shaw, you are well taken care of.
Author:
I've seen Dr Shaw for about 5 years for various procedures. He as well as his staff are professional,compassionate and above all knowledgeable .As a Patient you are treated as a person and not a number. A person could not be in better hands. This doctor is by far one of the best in his field. If there was a higher score than excellent I would give it to him. Thank you Dr Shaw for all you have done for me!
Author:
Dr. Shaw and his wonderful staff were amazing. He injected my hip and it made all the difference in the world. He and his assistant (Cindy) were so professional, kind and calming. I felt very comfortable during the procedure and it was relatively painless. His facility is outstanding - clean, organized, and decorated beautifully. It didn't even seem like a medical practice - more like a mountain retreat! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who is in pain - I'm sure he could help!
Author:
I have been to Dr. Shaw 3 times and I will not use anyone else. He helped me when no one else could. Everyone there is so nice and they make you feel at ease. From Sharon at the front desk to Emily and Dr. Shaw in the procedure room, you always feel like they care 100% for you as a person. I will recommend them to everyone I know. God bless them for caring so much.
Author:
I had the pleasure of getting a Lumbar Epidural by Dr. Shaw Overall, one of the fastest, costliest, and pain-free epidurals I've EVER had. I've had plenty - all have usually been an outpatient service. Dr.Shaw has his own facility where you literally pay and go into the room and get it done with X-Ray guidance. It was seriously so easy and again, pain-free. He injected the steroid into my spine slowly - therefore it didn't hurt at all. He finished and I thought he hit me with the anesthetic!
Author:
The Staff and Dr Shaw are very frendly and really nice. The office and appointment times have always been on schedule with little or no waiting. Emily the nurse has been great with helping work with you after your procedures and follow ups. The entire office has been a pleasure to visit and be treated by.
Author:
Dr. Shaw is very talented and professional with the latest in technology. I went in for a steroid injection to help with an extruding disk between L3 and L4. The staff was friendly and attentive, like I was the only patient for the day. The procedure was painless. He did not use IV sedation, (unlike some other interventional radiologists, therefore less cost) so I was able to drive after the procedure. Lidocaine injection did not sting and I did not feel anything during the procedure.
Author:
Office staff is fantastic!! Loved Emily and Dr. Shaw. They make an excellent team! So informative, took their time with me. I definitely didn't feel like I was being part herded in and out (like some places that treat you). Made me feel comfortable from the start. Would highly recommend him to everyone! If I have to have another injection, no one will touch my back but Dr Shaw!
Author:
Love these folks! I've seen them 3 times and they are always friendly and there is minimal wait. Of course, the most important thing is the doctor and his treatments. He is great and totally resolved the issues with my back. Would definitely recommend him.
Author:
Dr. Shaw has an excellent bedside manner. He seems to be genuinely concerned with your comfort, asking often if you are comfortable and experiencing relatively little pain. This is very important to me as I am presently experiencing quite the opposite in a pain management doctor. Highly recommend Dr. Shaw.