Dr. Mark Schamblin, MD

74 reviews

Southern California Orthopedic Institute

2400 Bahamas Dr Ste 200

Bakersfield, CA 93309

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Schamblin

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.

Dr. Schamblin's Experience

Dr. Schamblin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

• Sports Medicine

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*
  • Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

No malpractice history found for California.

• Pepperdine University
  • University Of California, Irvine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Southern California Orthopedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Schamblin has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Mercy Hospitals

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2017 Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment

View Ratings

Dr. Schamblin's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schamblin to family and friends
Dr. Schamblin's Performance
in Bakersfield, CA |
He is very friendly and explains the problem and what he is going to do if having surgery. Shows and explains the x-rays in detail. He's very thorough and never rushes.
Bakersfield, CA |
He was very personable and nice. He did everything he said he was going to do and explains every single thing to you. Very good!
Bakersfield, CA |
Amazing doctor and staff. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
in Bakersfield CA |
Very satisfied with my surgery. Friendly staff and I liked the daily check-ins. Doc is a great surgeon.
Bakersfield, CA |
The best Doctor and PA and staff, my son and daughter have been here also just the best experience highly recommended
in Bakersfield, CA |
I have a ton of respect for Dr Schamblin and my expectations have been totally met with regard to the surgery and outcomes. I appreciate the staff and have been treated with respect and caring attention. If I had any criticism it would be the length of time it took to get in after my injury and then getting surgery scheduled. In fairness tho it was the holiday season and might account for the lag time.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Schamblin and his entire staff are great. Dr. Schamblin came highly recommended and after my dealings with him I would recommend him with no hesitation. I was mostly concerned about the skill of my surgeon. To find when who is very skilled but is also pleasant and caring makes it even better.
Bakersfield, CA |
Dr Schamblin is such an awesome doctor. I've had him since high school and he's always there for his patients. He does quality work and loves his job!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Very personable and knowledgeable!
in Tehachapi, CA |
Dr. Schamblin is a true professional with a knack for this discipline. My experience was amazing, and so was my recovery. I attribute my painless recovery to Dr. Schamblin's high level of expertise. I know three other people that he has operated on and their experience was similar. You couldn't make a better choice than Dr. Schamblin. FYI - I had a torn meniscus.
Bakersfield, CA |
Very good to work with. Personable and professional.
Newhall, CA |
He was very helpful answering all my questions...he went over my photos with me and took the time to explain them
in Bakersfield, CA |
He and Leslie have been very informative with my orecedure and answered every question I have had. His extend ended staff has been excellent as well, with all the paperwork and appts. scheduling around my schedule.
in Taft, CA |
I had a great experience with Dr. Scramblin. He put my clavicle back together after a mountain bike accident then removed a piece of meniscus. He was very thorough in explaining both procedures.
in Bakersfield, CA |
They really have it together. I always felt safe and results have been top notch!!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr Schamblin met and exceeded my expectations. I would hope that you would not need his services but if you are in need i highly recommend Dr. Schamblin.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Schamblin and the other staff made me feel very at ease and I was confident in rheir care. This was a very good experience.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Shamblin was reassuring and extremely knowledgeable about what was going on with my shoulder. He made me feel like I was in good hands going into the surgery and the follow up care is beyond my expectations! His team is amazing and they work well together! I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Shamblim for any type of shoulder surgery!!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Both Dr. Schamblin and his staff are extremely professional and personable. They speak in easy to understand terms. I am so pleased that my doctor's office referred me to SCOI and Dr. Schamblin.
in Bakersfield, CA |
They are informative and friendly
in Bakersfield, CA |
The surgery went very smooth and the experience was pleasant.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Schamblin, MD?
Are you Dr. Schamblin?

Visit Dr. Schamblin

Dr. Schamblin accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Schamblin has admitting priveleges

Mercy Hospitals
2215 Truxtun Ave
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
420 34th St
San Joaquin Community Hospital
2615 Chester Ave
Bakersfield, CA 93301

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Schamblin at Southern California Orthopedic Institute

Dr. Christopher Hamilton, MD