Dr. Mark Schamblin, MD

Dr. Mark Schamblin, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Mark Schamblin, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Bakersfield, CA. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

Southern California Orthopedic Institute

2400 Bahamas Dr Ste 200

Bakersfield, CA 93309

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Schamblin

See how frequently Dr. Schamblin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Ankle Sprains and Strains

Dr. Schamblin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Schamblin "At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world."

• Sports Medicine

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Pyogenic Arthritis

• Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for California.

• Pepperdine University
  • University Of California, Irvine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Southern California Orthopedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Schamblin has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Mercy Hospitals

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Schamblin is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Schamblin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schamblin to family and friends
Dr. Schamblin's Performance
in Bakersfield, CA |
He is amazing. Very easy to talk to and very knowledgeable.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Well versed in cutting edge procedures, proactive in wellness and sports medicine. Team Schamblin is professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate!
in Bakersfield, Ca |
What can you say about Dr. Schamblin and his team at the SCOI facility? WOW! From the very beginning, he and his staff were nothing but amazing. Hats off to him and his team, and a special thanks to Dr. Tobias. The facility is top notch and there is something to be said about having all of their services on site at the SCOI center. This was my third orthoscopic procedure and by far, it was the best. From the receptionist to all of the doctors, it just seemed that they went out of their way to ma
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Schamblin is by far the best orthopedic surgeon I have ever seen. I would highly recommend anybody him and his team to anybody needing orthopedic care. I felt 100% confidence in his team from the first visit all the way to surgery. Please if you are broken do yourself a favor don’t waist time going someplace else, make an appointment with scoi and request Dr Schamblin you won’t regret it.
in Bakersfield, CA |
All of my experiences with Dr. Schamblin and his staff have been positive. I have total trust in Dr. Schamblin and his team and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to friends and family.
in Bakersfield, CA |
He, his phyiscians assistant and staff have truly been very helpful every step of the way. Would highly recommend them.
Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Schamblin was great. He doesn't rush you out for your appointments. He takes his time and fully explains everything and answers all your questions.
Bakersfield, CA |
Have had a good experience with Dr. Shamblin and his capable PA, Lesley Lucero. Thankful that my shoulder surgery was kept local and it was not necessary to travel out of Bakersfield. I:will recommend this good doctor to others.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Scrambling was very clear about what was wrong with my shoulder, what it would take to repair it, and what to expect. While being thoroughly professional,he also has a very friendly enjoyable relationship with me as a patient. He has a very positive encouraging demeanor when going over the time and commitment that a serious rotator cuff surgery and rehab will entail. I have been thrilled with the surgery results at this time. I had very little pain or swelling and no scarring.
in Shafter, CA |
I believe I made the best choice when I decided to have Dr Schamblin do my procedure .. After I met with him I had all the confidence in the world that I made the right choice ... love all his staff and the online. Loop was the best . All went smooth and just a few weeks more and I'll be great again . Amen !
in Bakersfield , CA |
Great doctor, very professional and easy to communicate with. Treats you like family.
Lake Isabella, CA |
Dr Schamblin didn't rush through my appointment, he encourages questions, explains in detail and is compassionate. I've already recommended him to two friends needing knee interventions.
Pleasanton, CA |
Dr. Schamblin was amazing! He told me exactly what he was going to do prior to the surgery and that was what he did. Very quick and recovery has been great! You can barely even tell I had anything done to my knee.
Bakersfield, CA |
Very supportive..took time to try other options prior to having surgery. Dr. Schamblin is a fantastic Doctor and a very down to earth guy that is easy to get along with
Bakersfield, CA |
i had a great experience with Dr. Schamblin. He thoroughly explained my diagnosis and recommended the best treatment to me. Every aspect of my surgery was planned out by his excellent staff. The surgery went well and recovery was fast with little to no pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Schamblin.
Bakersfield, CA |
He was very personable and nice. He did everything he said he was going to do and explains every single thing to you. Very good!
Bakersfield, CA |
Amazing doctor and staff. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
in Bakersfield CA |
Very satisfied with my surgery. Friendly staff and I liked the daily check-ins. Doc is a great surgeon.
Bakersfield, CA |
The best Doctor and PA and staff, my son and daughter have been here also just the best experience highly recommended
in Bakersfield, CA |
I have a ton of respect for Dr Schamblin and my expectations have been totally met with regard to the surgery and outcomes. I appreciate the staff and have been treated with respect and caring attention. If I had any criticism it would be the length of time it took to get in after my injury and then getting surgery scheduled. In fairness tho it was the holiday season and might account for the lag time.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Schamblin and his entire staff are great. Dr. Schamblin came highly recommended and after my dealings with him I would recommend him with no hesitation. I was mostly concerned about the skill of my surgeon. To find when who is very skilled but is also pleasant and caring makes it even better.
Bakersfield, CA |
Dr Schamblin is such an awesome doctor. I've had him since high school and he's always there for his patients. He does quality work and loves his job!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Very personable and knowledgeable!
in Tehachapi, CA |
Dr. Schamblin is a true professional with a knack for this discipline. My experience was amazing, and so was my recovery. I attribute my painless recovery to Dr. Schamblin's high level of expertise. I know three other people that he has operated on and their experience was similar. You couldn't make a better choice than Dr. Schamblin. FYI - I had a torn meniscus.
Bakersfield, CA |
Very good to work with. Personable and professional.
Newhall, CA |
He was very helpful answering all my questions...he went over my photos with me and took the time to explain them
in Bakersfield, CA |
He and Leslie have been very informative with my orecedure and answered every question I have had. His extend ended staff has been excellent as well, with all the paperwork and appts. scheduling around my schedule.
in Taft, CA |
I had a great experience with Dr. Scramblin. He put my clavicle back together after a mountain bike accident then removed a piece of meniscus. He was very thorough in explaining both procedures.
in Bakersfield, CA |
They really have it together. I always felt safe and results have been top notch!!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr Schamblin met and exceeded my expectations. I would hope that you would not need his services but if you are in need i highly recommend Dr. Schamblin.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Schamblin and the other staff made me feel very at ease and I was confident in rheir care. This was a very good experience.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Shamblin was reassuring and extremely knowledgeable about what was going on with my shoulder. He made me feel like I was in good hands going into the surgery and the follow up care is beyond my expectations! His team is amazing and they work well together! I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Shamblim for any type of shoulder surgery!!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Both Dr. Schamblin and his staff are extremely professional and personable. They speak in easy to understand terms. I am so pleased that my doctor's office referred me to SCOI and Dr. Schamblin.
in Bakersfield, CA |
They are informative and friendly
in Bakersfield, CA |
The surgery went very smooth and the experience was pleasant.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Schamblin, MD?
Are you Dr. Schamblin?

Visit Dr. Schamblin

Dr. Schamblin accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Schamblin has admitting privileges

Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
420 34th St
Mercy Hospitals
2215 Truxtun Ave
Adventist Health Bakersfield
2615 Chester Ave
Bakersfield, CA 93301

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Schamblin at Southern California Orthopedic Institute

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist