Dr. Mark Sawka, MD

Dr. Mark Sawka, MD

Family Medicine  ·

Dr. Mark Sawka, MD is a family medicine specialist in Woodhaven, MI and has been practicing for 32 years. He specializes in family medicine and sports medicine.

Dr. Mark Sawka, M.D.

25000 Hall Rd Ste 1

Woodhaven, MI 48183

• HAP Insurance
  • Priority Health

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check if Dr. Sawka treats your condition or procedure

42.5531914893617%

Dr. Sawka?
Dr. Sawka's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Sawka, MD
He is a straight forward, but kind and compassionate Doctor. The Staff including his lovely wife & daughter make me feel like I'm just part of the family everytime I visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
Dr Sawka refused to refer me to an ortho specialist for a ruptured biceps tendon. I heard him talking with a NP student in the hallway before coming into the exam room, stating he signs an agreement with the ins co to keep cost down and not make unnecessary referrals. When he came in, he told me he would not write the referral, if I saw a specialist I would have to do it on my own, paying out of pocket. If the specialist recommended surgery he would not approve it. Told me to find another PCP.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Sawka for many years and have always felt like he cares about my welfare. He takes all the time you feel you need and answers any question you may have thoroughly. I would not have a problem recommending him to anyone looking for a new doctor. His staff is friendly and helpful. I have never had a problem getting in to see him when i needed to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
Mismanaged care, missed my dad's cancer diagnosis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
Dr. Sawka is amazing!! A good friend of mine recommended him and I continue to recommend him. I have been seeing Dr. Sawka for a couple of years. My family also sees him and now I’m going to have my mom see him. He is very professional . He listens to you and is very thorough. He takes his time with you and doesn’t rush. He is very personable , knowledgeable, caring and professional. You are always able to get an appointment the same day. The staff is also friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
I went to this doctor for 3 yrs. & was getting referrals for my eye doctor..which is required by my health insurance. Dr Sawka got rid of his receptionist who was getting my referrals & claimed he didn't know she was getting them & then refused any more referrals for my eye care. I am a brittle diabetic with heart & artery problem & was in the middle of treatments for glaucoma & diabetic retinopathy when he stopped the referrals. Due to our difference of opinions, this dr dropped me as a patient
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
Dr. Sawka has taken care of me for years. Never have a problem getting in to see him. Always treats me well. Best doctor I've ever had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
Dr. Sawka has helped me in battling my diabetes, helped me in loosing weight and controlling my blood pressure, he listens and is very informative answering your questions
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
I was looking for an honest doctor that I could understand. Dr. Sawka helped make my last back surgery happen because my health insurance messed up everything. It was because of his knowledge and training that he helped me. His staff is the best around. I've been to many doctors in 40 years, but I'm going no where else for now on!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
Excellent personalized treatment. Perfect family physician .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
Have been seeing Dr. Sawka for several years, He is always professional and responsive to any questions asked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
He is obsessed with weight and bmi to be overbearing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
In his visit yesterday Dr Sawke was rude and dismissive to my brother I'm wondering if his behavior was because my brother was a first time pt and was referred by another surgeon not from the Henry Fird system for a back operation. My brother needed a referral through his new insurance and had only recently moved to the Wiodhaven area. What ever the reason. This Dr was rude. Saying you don't need a back operation. It probably won't work anyway. TotAlly inappropriate behavior!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Sawka for 15 years. He is very personable and listens to what yo have to say. He is a GREAT doctor, even my wife and step-son loves him as they are also patients
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
My whole family and I have been going to Dr. Sawka for over 15 years. He is fantastic, caring, knowledgeable and professional. He has helped all of us throughout the years. His entire staff is wonderful. I would recommend Dr. Sawka to anyone. :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
Dr. Sawka has been my physician for about 20 years. Always professional and honest about everything he has ever treated me for or diagnosed. Encourages you to do the basic things first such as losing weight, exercising and eating/sleeping well before subscribing medication. He always takes the time to explain in detail all the questions I ask. I feel confident and trust him. Hopefully he'll be my doctor until the end of my days. I believe he will, he's about five years younger than i am.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
Was very pleased with how friendly and polite everyone was with me the doctor himself very nice doesn't keep you waiting for hours and I he doesn't make you feel like your a idiot very pleased and will return and recommend keep up the great work
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
Dr. Sawka has great bed side manor and very kind which is extremely important to me since a lot of doctors can be rude and cocky; he speaks in a way I understand. He takes his time with me and listens to me every time I go for a visit. The staff is also very kind and that is great since they are the face of the business... nothing is worse than rude people at the front desk. I highly recommend Dr. Sawka, I have been going here for a very long time and will continue to. Also, VERY clean!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?
Dr. Mark Sawka saved my husbands life, not once but twice. If Dr. Sawka wasn't as thorough as he was during my husbands office visit my husband would have died. After Dr. Sawka received all the lab work back that he ordered he called us and had my husband go directly to the ER. My husband was admitted and had to have 5 pints of blood. Dr. Sawka is a physician that truly cares about his patients. E.Konopka
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Sawka, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sawka?

Insurance accepted

HAP Insurance
Preferred PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sawka treats patients.