Dr. Mark Salevitz, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Mark Salevitz, MD

Dr. Mark Salevitz, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Mesa, AZ. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Salevitz is affiliated with Banner Desert Medical Center.

Dr. Salevitz's Experience

See how Dr. Salevitz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Salevitz

Dr. Salevitz accepts 21 insurance carriers

Dr. Salevitz is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Salevitz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Salevitz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Salevitz to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Salevitz's Performance
    GOOD
Dr. Salevitz was amazing and funny. We took our 9 month old to see him because we had some concerns. Ended up being nothing but he had me and my husband laughing the entire time, even though our baby cried the entire time. He eased our worries and didn't make us feel like we were overreacting. Only complaint is the front office person who gives you paperwork was super rude and not friendly at all.
Apache Junction, AZ |
Horrible staff. Poor scheduling with urgent matters. They won't let me know if my daughters insurance papers are correct , but the said if they aren't I have to pay cash. Her apt is in 2 weeks called today to find out about insurance papers and got hung up on. So now I get to drive over an hr away to Scottsdale before I find out if the insurance forms are correct. There's more and not enough space for everything.
in Prescott, AZ |
We have been taking our son to Dr.Salevitz for the past 7 years. He has strabismus and had to have two surgeries to tighten the muscles. Dr. Salevitz has always been caring, informative and very professional. He always made sure that my son did not need to be seen or have surgery unless it was absolutely necessary. Thanks to him staying on top of everything over the years, our son still has perfect vision. He also made sure that any staff working with him is held accountable and at their best.
in Tempe AZ |
So glad to have double vision corrected. Dr. Salevitz has been very accomodating to my needs to help me have tbe eye surgery. Thank you! Shout out to Samantha who has been terific with follow up and administration.
We went to Dr. Salevitz only a handful of times. But every visit was full of frustration. Our first visit was hard due to my child being very afraid of strangers and Dr Salevitz was not very understanding. But I took my child back with hope for better. Again, not understanding to my child and very negative towards me about Childs patching. I literally ended up in tears. Last visit he told me it was time to be mean mom. Found new doctor in same group. No one ever cried. No one was mean.
Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Salevitz is a great dr. He is very kind and knowledgeable.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Salevitz, MD?
Are you Dr. Salevitz?

Compare Dr. Salevitz

Dr. Salevitz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Salevitz has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Salevitz's Board Certifications

Manhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital

Completed in 1994

Bascom Palmer Eye Inst

Completed in 1995

Dr. Salevitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Salevitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology