Dr. Mark Rubin, MD

Dr. Mark Rubin, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  |
Over 22 years practicing in Arizona. Harvard Medical School; 5 year Psychiatric Residency and Fellowship training.

1030 E Guadalupe Rd

Tempe, AZ 85283

Learn about Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin's Experience

Dr. Rubin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry

This content was provided by Dr. Rubin "I have over 30 years of providing psychiatric care to adolescent and young adult patients. With a location near ASU, many college students, community colleges and high school students are seen to help manage anxiety and mood disorders. I see new patients starting at age 10 through age 24, in order to specialize on a student population where brief supportive therapy and medication management are combined with each visit. Additional therapy is available through adjunct services in our office or elsewhere. My focus is on depression, anxiety, bipolar, ptsd, autism spectrum, psychosis/schizophrenia and other major psychiatric disorders, co-existing ADHD is included. Cultural and orientation diversity welcome.

Previously I have served on Faculty at Harvard, Boston University and the UA College of Medicine. Patients are seen either weekly, monthly or quarterly, depending on need."

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

• Eating Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Mood Disorders
  • Neurodevelopmental Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Harvard Medical School
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1973
  • Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated 1977
  • Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University. Internal Medicine Internship
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Beth Israel Hospital Psychiatry. Harvard University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Beth Israel/Deaconess; Massachusetts Mental Health Center. Harvard University. Child/Adolescent Psychiatry
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Rubin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rubin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rubin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rubin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rubin to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Rubin Says:

We aim for high levels of satisfaction with our care. Attending scheduled appointments and taking prescribed medications as directed are essential to successful treatment. While Dr. Rubin is in the office 3 days a week, office staff, including our medical assistant, are always available 5 days a week. Weekend and evening crises are managed through other crisis services in the...

Dr. Rubin's Performance
in Gilbert, AZ |
I have been bringing my son to Dr. Rubin for the past 5 years now. I feel that it is such a blessing we found Dr. Rubin! He has helped my son out so much throughout the years. He always listens to my concerns and always has the solutions. He is always willing to help change things up to better our situation and is always wanting my sons best interests. Dr. Rubin is very knowledgeable in his field and very trustworthy on the decisions he helps make for my son. Extremely Happy we found Dr. Rubin!!
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Rubin has all the qualities of a good psychiatrist and a special talent with kids. He allows adequate time for patients. He asks targeted questions that help to diagnosis and make a treatment plan. He knows when to stop or change medication after a reasonable amount of time. He respects and really, really listens to the patients. In our case, a 16 year old granddaughter. Mainly, Dr. Rubin is a great human being and that's why he's an excellent psychiatrist.
in Phoenix, AZ |
His knowledge and experience set him apart from most psychiatrists I have worked with. He is spot on with his diagnosis. He works at having a great patient relationship and remembers you when he sees you. So happy to find him. He is absolutely great.
in Phoenix Az |
Dr. Rubin has literally given me my son back. We found Dr. Rubin after my sons previous psychiatrist had given up and couldn't help us. He has bent over backwards to give my son the best possible treatment. He is very knowledgable, easy to talk to and caring. I honestly feel so great full we found him, he has literally changed are life.
in Tempe, AZ |
We have found Dr. Rubin extremely knowledgeable where autism intersects with psychiatry. Dr. Rubin has gone above and beyond for us which we very much appreciate; even when the going was not very easy due to the diagnosis of our son. He also takes the time to talk with us. Our son very much likes talking to Dr. Rubin and feels at ease with him. This is a huge compliment to the caring nature of Dr. Rubin. We are so lucky to have found this Doctor just around the corner from us. Thanks so much.
in Tempe, |
Dr. Rubin has been my child's psychiatrist since she started talking of suicide 41/2 yrs ago. He has worked hard to reach an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the medication and dosage that will be of help to her. He has been an advocate in her educational challenges in our school district and he has been available in crisis situations. He is highly qualified and he truly cares about the well being of his patients.
Phoenix, AZ |
I recommend Dr. Rubin to anyone whom needs real care. We all know that It takes a special kind of individual to listen, consider, and follow up and that is Dr. Rubin. He is experience and thorough, I feel complete about my sons care and I really like his Nurse Felicia as well she is AWESOME !!!! She is always smiling and prompt and involved with our needs and follows up on time every time. Ultimate team work We are happy and look forward to all of our visit there.
in Tempe, AZ |
I highly recommend Mark Rubin. He changed my old prescription by which I should take 2 medicines, but now I only take 1 and feel much better. He is not only experienced but also patient. We have a chat over the symptoms for almost an hour during each visit. In addition, he solved my financial obstacle by contacting the insurance company and making the medicine covered.
Tempe, AZ |
We've seen Dr Rubin for a few years now, and our experience has been nothing but positive. He listens thoughtfully without interruption and without judgement. He always has great suggestions taking into account our specific circumstances and is flexible with the course of treatment. He never rushes you and really cares about your progress. He was highly recommended to us by another family in the same situation, and we're grateful we've been able to have him as a provider!
Have you seen Dr. Mark Rubin, MD?
Are you Dr. Rubin?