Dr. Mark L. Rubin, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Rubin's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Rubin's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatrynull
  • Psychiatrynull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin accepts 5 insurance carriers

5 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Reviewing Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin's Review Details
      4.2 based on 22 responses
      Experience with Dr. Rubin
      Dr. Rubin's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (20)
      Dr. Rubin says

We aim for high levels of satisfaction with our care. Attending scheduled appointments and taking prescribed medications as directed are essential to successful treatment. While Dr. Rubin is in the office 3 days a week, office staff, including our medical assistant, are always available 5 days a week. Weekend and evening crises are managed through other crisis services in the community. We will provide caring, state of the art services with full attention to your needs at all times. We monitor lab values as needed and coordinate with other healthcare providers as needed. Many patients are referred by their therapist, Doctors or insurance providers based on our reputation and outcomes. We look forward to be of service to you.

in Phoenix, AZ |
      His knowledge and experience set him apart from most psychiatrists I have worked with. He is spot on with his diagnosis. He works at having a great patient relationship and remembers you when he sees you. So happy to find him. He is absolutely great.
      in Phoenix Az |
      Dr. Rubin has literally given me my son back. We found Dr. Rubin after my sons previous psychiatrist had given up and couldn't help us. He has bent over backwards to give my son the best possible treatment. He is very knowledgable, easy to talk to and caring. I honestly feel so great full we found him, he has literally changed are life.
      in Phoenix, AZ |
      I have been taking my son to Dr. Rubin for 2 1/2 yrs. We started seeing him when my son's last psychologist gave up on us and couldn't help my son. Dr. Rubin gave me my son back. My son was diagnosed with severe Bipolar episodes and Adhd and could not even really function in school or home. Now he is 15 and has friends, happy, and is thriving in school and daily life. I couldn't be more thankful to Dr. Rubin, he has changed our life.
      in Tempe, AZ |
      We have found Dr. Rubin extremely knowledgeable where autism intersects with psychiatry. Dr. Rubin has gone above and beyond for us which we very much appreciate; even when the going was not very easy due to the diagnosis of our son. He also takes the time to talk with us. Our son very much likes talking to Dr. Rubin and feels at ease with him. This is a huge compliment to the caring nature of Dr. Rubin. We are so lucky to have found this Doctor just around the corner from us. Thanks so much.
      in Tempe, |
      Dr. Rubin has been my child's psychiatrist since she started talking of suicide 41/2 yrs ago. He has worked hard to reach an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the medication and dosage that will be of help to her. He has been an advocate in her educational challenges in our school district and he has been available in crisis situations. He is highly qualified and he truly cares about the well being of his patients.
      Phoenix, AZ |
      I recommend Dr. Rubin to anyone whom needs real care. We all know that It takes a special kind of individual to listen, consider, and follow up and that is Dr. Rubin. He is experience and thorough, I feel complete about my sons care and I really like his Nurse Felicia as well she is AWESOME !!!! She is always smiling and prompt and involved with our needs and follows up on time every time. Ultimate team work We are happy and look forward to all of our visit there.
      in Tempe, AZ |
      I highly recommend Mark Rubin. He changed my old prescription by which I should take 2 medicines, but now I only take 1 and feel much better. He is not only experienced but also patient. We have a chat over the symptoms for almost an hour during each visit. In addition, he solved my financial obstacle by contacting the insurance company and making the medicine covered.
      Tempe, AZ |
      We've seen Dr Rubin for a few years now, and our experience has been nothing but positive. He listens thoughtfully without interruption and without judgement. He always has great suggestions taking into account our specific circumstances and is flexible with the course of treatment. He never rushes you and really cares about your progress. He was highly recommended to us by another family in the same situation, and we're grateful we've been able to have him as a provider!
      Have you seen Dr. Rubin?

Compare Dr. Rubin

• Adolescent Psychiatry
      • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Why It Matters: Dr. Rubin's Board Certifications

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
      • Psychiatry

• Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
      • Autism
      • Bipolar Disorder
      • Depression
      • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
      • Mood Disorders
      • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
      • Panic Disorder
      • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
      • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
      • Schizophrenia

• Psychiatric Evaluation
      • Psychiatric Medication Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons

Graduated in 1977

Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University. Internal Medicine Internship

Completed in 1978

Beth Israel Hospital Psychiatry. Harvard University

Completed in 1981

Beth Israel/Deaconess; Massachusetts Mental Health Center. Harvard University. Child/Adolescent Psychiatry

Completed in 1983

Harvard Medical School

Graduated in 1973

Dr. Rubin has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Rubin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Adolescent Psychiatry
      • Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry
      • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Rubin

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Rubin's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Rubin

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Rubin's Care Philosophy

I have over 30 years of providing psychiatric care to adolescent and young adult patients. With a location near ASU, many college students, community colleges and high school students are seen to help manage anxiety and mood disorders. I no longer see children younger than 10 or adults older than 24, in order to specialize on a student population where brief supportive therapy and medication management are combined with each visit. Additional therapy is available through adjunct services in our office or elsewhere. For ADHD meds only we have Dr. Kahane in our office. My focus is on depression, anxiety, bipolar ptsd, autism spectrum, psychosis and other major psychiatric disorders, co-existing ADHD is included. Previously I have served on Faculty at Harvard, Boston University and the UA college of medicine. Patients are seen either weekly, monthly or quarterly, depending on need.

Dr. Rubin says...

Psychopharmacology expertise with continual medical education to utilize new medications, combinations and techniques.

Dr. Rubin says...

Board Certification, experience in all psychiatric settings, flexibility to manage crisis without hospitalization whenever possible, based on years of experience and understanding, teaching experience, knowledge of school, interpersonal and family stressors. Knowledge of cultural, minority, autism spectrum, GLBT and women's issues.