Dr. Mark Rekant, MD

Dr. Mark Rekant, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |

Dr. Mark Rekant, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Cherry Hill, NJ. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years.

Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center

1888 Marlton Pike E

Cherry Hill, NJ 08003

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth
  • Cigna-HealthSpring
  • Devon Health
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Intergroup

Learn about Dr. Rekant

See how frequently Dr. Rekant performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed

Dr. Rekant's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Rekant "Dr. Rekant has been with The Philadelphia Hand Center & The South Jersey Hand Center since 2001. He proudly delivers specialized Orthopaedic care and treatment of both simple and complex ailments of the hands, wrists, elbow and shoulders."

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Arthritis of the Wrist
  • Broken Arm
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Duke University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Umdnj--New Jersey Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • New York Univ. Medical Ctr NY
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Rekant has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rekant does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rekant and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rekant's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rekant to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Rekant's Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
in Voorhees nj |
I got a Tell you,I don’t usually come to the Internet for opinions but after the opinions that I have read here, (my hand is really hurting me and I don’t know why) he was the first person I chose to maybe make an appointment with. maybe this doctor should care about the opinions of people on the Internet because there’s no way that I would go to him now maybe he thinks that bad opinions on the Internet don’t make a difference in his life but I think they do! I would never go to him now. !
Mount Holly, NJ |
I had elbow surgery to remove extra cartilage and he damaged my radial nerve. 4 years later and I'm still suffering. I shouldn't have had the surgery, being that he basically did the surgery without an MRI or looking at my previous MRI (previous MRI was from an out of state Dr). I would NOT recommend him.
Philadelphia, PA |
His bed side manner is awful and inconsiderate. Very emotional if, someone else beside him, makes a suggestion. He doesn't feel like an "educated physical therapist" can make a decision for a patient that they are working with daily. He may have perform my surgery, but that's it! He doesn't even examine me! He's only a surgeon and acts like he is NOT capable of doing anything other then that, he doesn't help, listen to patients or professional suggestions even from a PT. He feels he's superior!
Medford, NJ |
I had hand surgery in June by Dr. Rekant. It is 3 months later and my hand feels worse than before surgery. At my first post op visit when I tried to tell him how much my hand was bothering me he dismissed me as if it was my fault saying "Your just not stretching it enough." I had done everything he told me to do. My hand remains swollen and painful to this day. I am seeing another Dr. for further treatment. I would never recommend this surgeon, I found him to be arrogant, was awful treatment
in Sicklerville, NJ |
This doctor shouldn't even be allowed to practice! The surgery he did to my shoulder made everything worse! He had no idea what he was getting into and ran into complications because he was unprepared! He should've had an MRI first but his ego get the best of him and when patients have complaints he gets agitated!
in Burlington NJ |
Have been a patient of Dr Rekant for 4 years. Have had multiple treatments and two sussessful surgeries on my hands. Always treated professionally and courteously.
in Philadelphia, PA |
He has the worst bed side manner of any physician I've ever seen. He is terrible. Please do not give this man your business. His ego can fill a football stadium.
in Pottsville, PA |
I went there on a recommendation for a second opinion on my hand injury in May. I would NOT recommend this guy to anyone. My husband and I are both in the health care profession and we understand doctors that can get on their high horse. Well this was the most rude, condescending, arrogant person I have ever met. I was all prepped for surgery when I walked out because of his demeanor. I have never felt so belittled. I went to Geisinger Orthopedics and I'm glad I did.
Willingboro, NJ |
I am 53 years old and an Air Force veteran. I was referred to Dr. Rekant?s office and saw him for the first and last scheduled appointment EVER today. If you are a patient and you like being treated like you are unintelligent, then he is the doctor for you. If you are a patient and you like a doctor who is egotistic, unsympathetic, condescending, uncouth, standoffish and disinterested, then Dr. Rekant is definitely the doctor for you. I left his office today feeling offended & very disrespected.
in Pottsville, PA |
Thank you for reviewing. My name is Jason Wright, I am a Flight Nurse with Geisinger Health System. I took my wife to Dr. Rekant for a second opinion on a hand injury. This was the worst recommendaction I have ever had. 12 years in Healthcare I have never been treated so poorly. If I had any authority at Jefferson, his employment would be terminated. I urge you to not see this physician. Rude, and totally lacking compassion. I could elaborate but it is not worth my time.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Extremely rude and insensitive on multiple visits- it was extremely belittling and I felt like a sucker for spending any time with him (which he kept to 2 minutes tops each time). He was completely indifferent to my situation and offered no suggestions or solutions. Avoid at all costs.
in Elmer, NJ |
Dr. Rekant is condescending and arrogant. If you enjoy being talked down to and being belittled, this is your guy. Personally I wouldn't let him treat my dog after the way he spoke to myself and my wife. We choose Cooper Bone and Joint after our experience with Dr. Rekant and were very glad we did.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Rekant, MD?
Are you Dr. Rekant?

Visit Dr. Rekant

Dr. Rekant accepts 21 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Select

Hospitals where Dr. Rekant has admitting privileges

Methodist Hospital—Jefferson Health
2301 S Broad St
Philadelphia, PA 19148

More Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists like Dr. Rekant at Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist