Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Mark Powell, MD
Dr. Mark Powell, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Fayetteville, AR. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Powell is affiliated with Physicians' Specialty Hospital, Northwest Medical Center - Springdale and Washington Regional Medical Center.

3714 N Business Dr Ste 101

• CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Tennessee
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Powell

Dr. Powell's Experience

Dr. Powell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Broken Arm
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Trigger Finger Release

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arkansas.

• University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Barnes Jewish Hospital S Campus
  • West Virginia University Hosps

Dr. Powell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Powell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Powell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Powell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Powell to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Powell's Performance
in Fayetteville, AR |
Exceptional physician!! Patient, respectful, great communication and very skilled. Orthopedic physician for the Arkansas Razorbacks. Highly recommend. Additionally, if surgery is needed, ask about Northwest Physicians Specialty Hospital for procedure. They have the absolute best staff, providing the best care, hands down.
in Fayetteville, AR |
I have been to other orthopedic doctors, and I have to say that Dr. Powell is the only one who has helped me! I LOVE his staff, they are all very friendly and sweet, and they even know my name when I walk through the door after one visit. I will be seeing him from now on for all my orthopedic needs. I highly recommend him!
in Springdale, AR |
Dr. Powell and his entire staff are First Rate. They are friendly, helpful, and give a high quality of care. Have gotten much relief from knee pain during the past 5 years I have been a patient of Dr. Powell's. Highly recommend.
in Springdale, AR |
Dr. Powell has been treating me for several years. He takes the time to listen to his patients and takes the less evasive type of remedy. I like this as who wants to have surgery if not necessary. His staff is awesome making you feel like family! Very caring and helpful!
in Fayetteville, AR |
I would highly recommend Dr. Powell and his associates ! My experience was "top shelf" from the first consultation to the last day of my physical therapy. He's certainly doing something right as every member of his office staff and PT team are friendly, helpful, and have a smile on their face whenever I am there. He tells you exactly what to expect prior to your surgery & what it will take to help you heal as quickly as possible. I was more than satisfied with the results from my surgery.
in Fayetteville, AR |
Kudos to Powell Orthopedics! An excellent medical team, a welcoming front office, and a physical therapy team committed to your well-being. Shawn will carefully guide your rehabilitation and work with you to gain strength and mobility. He knows how and when to move forward. Hannah has a great eye for form. She will gently correct your posture and movement; a tiny change can make a world of difference. Many thanks to Mark Powell and team for making me fit and strong again.
Fayetteville, AR |
Excellent surgical experience and post-op rehabilitation. Dr. Powell fixed a knee that had been damaged by a prior surgery. In-house rehab and Dr. Powell will even walk through to check on everyone.
in Fayetteville, AR |
Dr. Powell scoped my knee and got me back to work inside of one week. It was my second scope. First, by a different surgeon and that was a bad experience. Dr. Powell is top shelf. I was highly pleased with my results. His physical therapy team was awesome too.
Fayetteville, AR |
Exceptional in every way! I feel like I have the knees of a teenager again!!! I'm so thankful this doctor was recommended to me. I couldn't be happier with my experience at Powell Orthopedics!
in Houston, TX |
Was very pleased when I visited Dr. Powell in Feb. 2015 for a shoulder examination. The MRI showed a full thickness tear of the rotator cuff. Rather than immediately suggesting surgery, a regimen of physical therapy was recommended. Two years later, I have full range of motion and am virtually pain free. The staff at Powell Othopedics is great and the Physical Therapy team is the best. However, Hanna, the PTA at Powell, needs helps with her Fantasy Football.
in Fayetteville, AR |
Dr. Powell was great and did a really good job on my knee surgery! I also believe what makes him stand out even more is the physical therapy team he has in his offices. They are the best that I have ever come in contact with! Would definitely recommend and have recommended Powell Orthopedics to others.
in Bella Vista, AR |
Dr. Powel and his staff are simply the best. They treated me well but most importantly Dr. powel knew what was wrong with my knee and treated it so I have no problems. Dr. Powel's office genuinely cares about their patients. He is the only Doctor to go to for Knee and shoulder problems.
in Springdale, AR |
I am very happy with the treatment I received from Dr. Powel. He explained everything and my procedure went well.
in Springdale, AR |
Dr. Powel and his staff care about their patients. They have always been pleasant and most importantly Dr. Powel has made a real difference in my quality of life. I get to do more with my grand children, run and play thanks to him. Thank you Dr. Powel.
in Springdale, AR |
Dr Mark Powell is a great doctor. He has performed 4 surgeries on me. 3 shoulders and one knee. This last surgery was done because i fell on my shoulder while walking. He has me back up in 5 weeks with very little pain. His concern for me as a patient, his knowledge and surgery skills are superior. Northwest Arkansas is lucky to have such a fine doctor as Dr Powell.
in Springdale, AR |
Dr. Mark Powell and his staff are absolutely amazing. His diagnosis, his strategy and the after surgery care was absolutely great. just two weeks out, I am doing things with my left knee that I haven't done in two years. Highly professional staff, surgery went so well and for the first time in a long time, I feel like a patient instead of a number. I highly recommend this staff and Dr. Powell. this was my tenth surgery in the last 20 years they exceeded my expectations. Thank you all!
in Fayetteville, AR |
I have been involved with Dr. Powell for about 2 years. He did an orthoscopy on my right knee. I like that Dr. Powell doesn't seem too rushed and explains things well. I do my physical therapy there as well. Shawn and Hannah are very knowledgeable and I feel safe and protected that they will push me to do my best within safe guidelines. They are a joy to work with! And then we have Deb and Kelly who are the finest of receptionists I've ever worked with! Great, professional longtime staff.
in Fayetteville, AR |
After a couple months of different diagnoses from different doctors and trainers, I finally stumbled upon Dr. Powell. Within a week or so, I had a definitive diagnosis (torn ACL) and a plan of action. My ACL reconstruction went as smoothly as I could have hoped for, and after the physical therapy with Shawn, I came back stronger than before! Being a competitive athlete growing up, I've dealt with numerous orthopaedic surgeons, and I can say that Powell's clinic is one of the best!
in Bentonville, AR |
I would highly recommend Dr. Powell and his staff. I had shoulder surgery with him and underwent pre- and post of rehab with his therapist. I have previously been to Ozark Orthopedics and they completely botched my operation and was not happy with them. After 5 years I decided to get my shoulder looked at again and could not be happier. Thank you sooo much Dr. Powell, Dr. Adams and Hannah!! A++++++++
in Fayetteville Ar |
Dr Powell operated in my left shoulder, I had fallen and tore some ligaments, muscles and my rotator. After my exam he carefully explained in detail what was required to fix my shoulder and what physical therapy I would need. I was in serious pain and he was able to operate immediately. I am extremely happy with the results of the operation Dr Powell his nurses and his staff of Physical Therapist are very caring and professional. I would highly recommend him and feel very blessed to have met him
in Rogers, AR |
Our family trusts Dr. Powell and his support staff 100%. They relate well to patients and show genuine concern for each patients progress. My family has gone to other doctors offering similar services, but we are willing to drive from Rogers to Fayetteville because the people in this office are knowledgeable and friendly. They clearly stand out from the rest. Thank you for making my family feel like we mattered! Keep up the excellent work!
Have you seen Dr. Mark Powell, MD?
Are you Dr. Powell?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at INTEGRIS

Visit Dr. Powell

Dr. Powell accepts 21 insurance carriers
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Tennessee
    Coventry Health Care of Tennessee PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
    Tricare
  • HealthSmart
    Tricare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance