Dr. Mark Pleatman, MD

Dr. Mark Pleatman, MD

Bariatric Surgery  ·
Dr. Mark Pleatman, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Bloomfield Hills, MI and has been practicing for 30 years. He graduated from Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med in 1981 and specializes in bariatric surgery and general surgery.

43494 Woodward Ave Ste 202

Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302

• HAP Insurance
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Pleatman

See how frequently Dr. Pleatman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Sleeve Gastrectomy
Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Dr. Pleatman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Bariatric Surgery
  • General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med
  • U Penns Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Mt Sinai Med Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Pleatman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pleatman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pleatman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pleatman's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pleatman to family and friends

Dr. Pleatman's Performance

I had my gastric sleeve surgery 5/15/18. My wife and I had surgery the same day. Since my insurance has limit that applies to DED and MOOP of 10k I was not able to get services else where without paying more than 20k. I found his name online and did my research. Dr Pleatman has cash rate all...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I've been blessed enough to receive a second chance in life due to Dr. Pleatman and his staff. I had a Gastric Sleeve and simply cannot believe the quality, support and, let's face it, out and out bang-for-your-buck. Are you considering a Gastric Sleeve? Do you live in Southeastern Michigan? ...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Pleatman and his staff are amazing! I'm down 125 lbs. 18 months post-op and still losing due to my new lifestyle of eating and exercise. The surgery and Dr. Pleatman changed my life. Did a seven mile bike ride yesterday with my kids. Couldn't do that Before!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I had the Vertical Sleeve done with Dr pleatman. I was a cash patient. I wouldn't never recommend this doctor very unprofessional. Their nutritional part of their program you see in the trishan is ones and they set you up for failure because you never see another one again. The most of us that are...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option4

I'm not sure where this comment is coming from. I spend a great deal of time with each patient. I also give my cell phone number to every patient. We have monthly support group meetings with the dietitian, and patients can also schedule individual meetings with the dietitian when they need to. Except for this one person, ALL my patient LOVE Cari, my secretary, who will spend as much time on the phone with you as you need.

I had gastric sleeve by-pass. It was a huge success and my wife used him for the same surgery.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1