Dr. Mark Palumbo, MD

Dr. Mark Palumbo, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Mark Palumbo, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Providence, RI. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

2 Dudley St

Providence, RI 02905

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Palumbo

See how frequently Dr. Palumbo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Stenosis
Spine Disorders
Neuroplasty

Dr. Palumbo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Foot Fracture
  • Gout
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

• University Of Massachusetts Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Eastern Va Med School
  • Metrohealth Med Center
  • Rhode Island Hospital Lifespan
  • University Ma Mem Hlthcare University Campus

Dr. Palumbo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Palumbo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Palumbo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Palumbo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Palumbo to family and friends
Dr. Palumbo's Performance
in Cranston |
I suffered from severe cervical stenosis and was very fortunate to have Dr. Palumbo as my surgeon. Dr. Palumbo successfully performed a 3-level cervical laminoplasty and did superb job. Dr. Palumbo discussed all of my nonsurgical and surgical options, answered all my questions, and customized my surgery by selecting the “least traumatic” procedure” that would alleviate my pain and restore my health. I had an outstanding result. I recommend Dr. Palumbo highly, without reservation or qualification
in Johnston |
What an amazing doctor! I had a herniated disc in my lower spine, and was in an enormous amount of pain. I was able to get into see him quickly because of a referral from my knee doctor, and he had me scheduled for surgery within the week. Although, we went on the fast track, it wasn't without an in depth conversation about the pros, cons and could be complications of the procedure. I would use him again (hopefully I won't need to), and recommend him very highly.
in Warwick, RI |
I'd like to thank Dr. Palumbo for giving me my life back Not being able to walk or stand up for more than three minuets at a time for 3 months Had L4, L5 & S1 surgery woke up in recovery & already could tell i was cured in less than a week i was up and walking better than ever
Wakefield, RI |
Prior to seeing Dr P, I saw 3 practioners for sudden onset of acute unrelenting pain in my upper back, extending into my shoulder rendering my left arm useless. No one was able to identify a cause. Dr P. listened, did a brief exam & immediately rendered a diagnosis. He did my surgery, I awoke pain-free & after rigorous PT, regained the use of my arm. I consider Dr. Palumbo to be one of the finest doctors I've ever been to, and an extremely skilled surgeon, as well as professional and kind.
North Kingstown, RI |
After years of being told that I was not a candidates for back surgery, I decided to meet with Dr. Palumbo as my symptoms were getting worse. Following xrays, a meeting with him and furthering tests to get the specific location, etc, her performed a spinal fusion on L3,4, and 5. I presented some unexpected challenges during surgery, but he was right on top of the situation and followed through with the special care I needed. That was 3 years ago and I am pleased with the annual follow up visits
in Rehoboth, MA |
Dr Palumbo is highly skilled, kind and empathetic. He listened to and answered my many questions without making me feel that I was holding him up or irritating him. He was not offended that I went to Boston for a second opinion before making my final decision to have surgery. I would recommend him to anyone looking to have a consultation or surgery on their spine. I also found the people in his office to be kind, patient and efficient.
in Middletown, RI |
This man is a master for spinal repair. I went into him in severe pain and came out the other side pain free. Consummate professional who treats all with respect and dignity
in West Warwick, RI |
Dr. Palumbo is a very skilled doctor. Being a doctor for 29 yrs he is extremely knowledgeable and skilled in his field. He has a great bedside manner and you never feel rush with his time. He is not the type of surgeon who wants to just perform surgery. He goes the least invasive way first. I can't say enough good things about him. He corrected a spinal surgery from another doctor in another state and did a wonderful job on me. Thank you Dr. Palumbo!
in Cranston, RI |
Dr. Palumbo's performed an anterior and posterior cevical discectomy and fusion on my neck. His care was excellent...I am very pleased with my recovery. Dr. Palumbo takes time to explain the source of your problem and what the surgery entails. My post op pain was well controlled.He is compassionate and caring in his manner. I would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.
in wakefield, ri |
I suffered with back pain for years and tried every kind of therapy there is. Back surgery was my last option, which I didn't want to do. I had the most amazing results. I was able to do things I hadn't been able to do for years. I was able to walk without pain and be part of my Grandchildrens lives. It was the best decision I ever made. Thank you Dr. Palumbo
in Johnston,RI |
Very pleased with operation results and quality of care before and after surgery.
in West Warwick, RI |
Dr. Mark Palumbo performed an anterior lumbar interbody fusion surgery on my spine June 2016. I have only the utmost respect for this doctor. He is very thorough and has a gentle bedside manner. He explains everything and takes time to understand your problems in detail. I would highly recommend him to anyone suffering from spinal pain in need of surgery.
in North Providence, RI |
Dr. Palumbo and his secretary were very organized. On my first visit the Dr. listened intently to my past history and the path it took to get to his office. I was given the options regarding my back, spine, and returned some weeks later to make the arrangements for surgery. A packet was mailed to my home outlining the time, hospital, procedure, what to expect after surgery and my appointment after surgery. Dr. Palumbo was kind, caring, attententive, proficient and I highly recommend him.
in North Kingstown, RI |
I am a 69 year old man. Approximately 4-6 years ago I started to have lower back pain that became increasingly worse to the point that I could not walk more than 90 ft. without horrible pain. I was referred to Dr. Palumbo who performed surgery on my back. I can now walk 5 painless miles, play golf and do so many other things that I once took for granted. The doctor saved my life and I will forever be grateful to him and his compassionate staff. God bless you, doctor.
in Cranston, RI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Palumbo to my family members and friends. I tried going to a chiropractor, physical therapy and injections without relief from the back pain that was truly affecting my quality of life. I went to see Dr. Palumbo and was very impressed with his sincere manor of explaining what he could do for me. He performed surgery and I can honestly say I will be forever grateful to him as I have not had back pain since. He made it possible for me to regain my quality of life.
South County, Rhode Island |
When I needed an ACDF, I asked another Orthopedic Surgeon who he would use if it were he or his wife with a similar condition. He instantly said Dr. Palumbo was the best. My experience supports that statement. Dr. P. explained everything throughout the process including xray and MRI results. The surgery went off without a hitch, I healed up quickly, was off the pain meds in a weeks time and in nine months he declared me a clinical success. Rhode Island is lucky to have Dr. Palumbo
in Attleboro, MA |
Dr Palumbo was great. He explained everything that would happen and what I would need to do after the surgery in order to get my strength back. The surgery went well and took no time at all and I was in recovery before I knew it. I would and already have recommended him to other people.
in Warwick, RI |
Dr Palumbo is very compassionet, knowlegable and his surgical techices are excellent and he is very informative with family. Would recommend Dr Palumbo to anyone.
in johnston, RI |
Dr. Mark Palumbo has been my orthopedic Dr for 2years I had gone to another Dr, an he didn't think I had a problem When I went to Dr Palumbo he looked at my test my Mri an other test he saw me sent me for shots an when that didn't help he operated on my back he is very professional , excellent bed side manner an very compassionate. I would recommend him to anyone I know that has back problems.
in Charlestown, RI |
After 5 years of shots in spine with others, they finally stopped having effect. Sciatica worsening and the addition of a dropped foot forced me to consider surgery. Dr. Palumbo was my surgeon. He clearly went through my options for relief. end result was fusion of L3-4-5 and at 8 months I am about 90% of good. I am pleased. He is professional, honest and I trust him.
in East Providence, RI |
Dr.Palumbo is very compassionate and understanding.had a cervical fusion with spinal decompression ,thought I would not have the use of my hands or walk again but the surgery and therapy and the help of Dr.Palumbo my recovery was amazing,l am very greatfull.
West Greenwich, RI |
Dr. Palumbo performed spine surgery on me, and the result changed my life. I am now living without debilitating pain! I unequivocally recommend Dr. Palumbo for spinal surgery. In addition to his skill as a surgeon (which is the most important attribute), he is caring, attentive, involved, encouraging, suppportive and professional.
in North Kingstown, RI 02852 |
Dr Palumbo explained what was causing my back problems ,he gave me options and gave me the confidence to follow his suggestions . Within 24 hours after the surgery,i was walking with a walker and was pain free for the first time in 20 years.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Palumbo, MD?
Are you Dr. Palumbo?