Dr. Mark Nichols, MD

Dr. Mark Nichols, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Mark Nichols, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Read his story

915 Gessner Rd Ste 280

Houston, TX 77024

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Nichols

See how frequently Dr. Nichols performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dizziness
Vertigo
Laryngitis

Dr. Nichols's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Nichols' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Nichols "Mark Lynn Nichols, M.D., received his Bachelor of Science degree with Honors in Pharmacy in 1983, prior to his entering the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, where he received the degree of Doctor of Medicine with Highest Honors. Following his Internship in General Surgery, and Residency in Otolaryngology at UTMB, Dr. Nichols did a Fellowship in Otology-Neurology at the Ear Research Foundation, in Sarasota, Florida. He is a member of several professional associations, and is a Diplomat of the American Board of Otolaryngology."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Labyrinthitis
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Wheezing

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Caldwell-Luc Procedure
  • Cochlear Implant Insertion
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy

• John Sealy Hospital University Tex Med Br
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Ear Rsch Fdn
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Nichols has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nichols does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nichols and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nichols' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nichols to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Nichols' Performance
Houston, TX |
Very thorough an professional!
in Houston |
I admire Dr Nichols' intensive approach to diagnosing extremely elusive ENT issues I've had. He has provided ongoing preventative review and consultation for the past 10 yrs., I'm extremely comfortable with all aspects of his knowledge, professionalism, and Dr / Patient communication skills.
in Houston, TX |
My family and I have been going to Dr. Nichols for years. We find him to be very thorough and thoughtful. I would recommend him to anyone. :)
Houston, TX |
I was very happy with my appointment with Dr. Nichols. I found them all to be very efficient and very thorough. I appreciated that Dr. Nichols took time to make sure I understood what he was telling me and to answer my questions. I have already referred a friend looking for an ENT for her father. Very professional team in this office.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Nichols, his Audiologist, and all of his staff are fantastic. The sent me a link to handle filling out of 'new patient' forms so it was a breeze checking in. Everyone was very kind and concerned about improving my health. No one was in a hurry to get me out of the office. They were all thorough and happy to answer questions. Great experience.
Cypress, TX |
Outstanding physician, cares about your issues, and takes time to talk with you. Never rushs through exam. Has always provided treatment (s) leading to curing my medical issues.
in Houston |
I saw Dr. Nichols for a deviated septum, he got me in quickly, did what he needed to do to make sure my insurance would cover the surgery, got the surgery done quickly before insurance rolled over at the end of the year and I just left my post op appointment today. He's a straight to the point, gets you the facts, no bullcrap kind of Doctor and I'm glad I went to see him. I'm actually breathing out of a nose that's given me issues most my life and I'd recommend him in a heartbeat.
Houston, TX |
I've been treated by Dr Nichols for years. He is very thorough and cares about his patients. He listens to you and find a resolution to the problem. The best ENT MD in town!
Houston, TX |
Been coming to Dr. Nichols for about 10 years now. He's incredibly knowledgeable and his bed side manner is above and beyond. Great Doctor!
Spring |
Dr. Nichols's office had a same-day appointment by complete luck, and I was able to get treated for severe allergy symptoms. Everyone at the office including the front desk, Alyssa, Dr. Nichols, and Pham (sp?) were fantastic. They're very efficient and professional.
Spring, TX |
Dr. Nichols is very up to date on his knowledge and diagnosis. His staff is very good. I trust him to direct my treatment before during and after a visit when I have need of care. He has referred me to other excellent Doctors and Surgeons. He himself is an excellent Surgeon. He relates to his patients and makes sure they understand procedures, medications and follow-up.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr Nichols saved my husband's life. When another ENT failed to diagnose a cancerous tumor on his vocal cord, Dr. Nichols saw a suspicious lesion, biopsied it and gave a proper diagnosis. We were sent to MD Anderson, my husband was treated and lives to tell about it. God bless this man!! We can ask for nothing more.
in Houston,TX |
Professional and mindful of my time.
Spring, TX |
I was referred to Dr Nichols as a specialist. The appointment went well, Dr Nichols reviewed my tests and explained options and recommendations, did not rush through. I was happy with the service he provided.
in Houston, TX |
Easy in, easy out. Very busy and well oiled machine of an office. I liked the process. They do not waste time. Multiple people including RN, PA, Dr Nichols and his assistant in and out withing 20 minutes time. Correct diagnosis and Rx. 5 Stars.
in Houston, TX |
I have been going to Dr. Nichols for 18 yrs. He is a God sent angel. He figured out what was wrong with me and he fixed me when no-one else could. I am forever indebted to him and his lovey staff for giving me my life back. Erica Your youngest meniere's disease patient.
in Houston, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Nichols. He is the best. I cannot say enough about the excellent care I have received. He is exceptional.
in Humble, TX |
Dr. Nichols is a very knowledgeable balance specialist. If any of family or friends were to suffer as I have, I would most certainly refer them to him. During my last visit for balance problems he noticed that I had a sinus infection, which I was unaware of. My balance problems had reoccurred and I was able to get an appointment quickly.
in Katy, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Nichols for 20 years and I have recommended him to everybody I know. He has always given me all the time that was needed to answer all my questions and he made sure I understood the answers. You can't beat him.
in Houston, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Nichols for a variety of ENT matters for about 15 years. He has treated me for things as back wall drip, allergies, acid reflux, hypothroidism and thyroid cancer including removal of my thyroid glands. He works very well with my other doctors when needed and when asked. He has even provided information for my sister in Phoenix who is not his patient. He is very good at explaining all of the issues and risks involved with any type of surgery.
Houston, TX |
Great physician and staff! Office runs like a well-oiled machine.
Missouri City, TX |
My experience was great! Dr Nichols is so thorough and efficient. He takes care of your needs and explains everything where you can really understand.
in Houston, TX |
My husband suffered from sinus problems for years. Dr. Nichols performed surgery on him and changed his life. My husband’s sinus problems are gone. We only wish he had seen Dr. Nichols years ago. Dr. Nichols is a professional in every sense of the word. He is methodical and very exact in all the steps of treatment. He clearly knows his craft. He explains things in a way that one can understand, and his bedside manner is warm and polite. His office staff was great.
in Houston, TX |
Before being referred to Dr. Nichols, I suffered nearly every fall-winter season for about 60 years from allergies that often turned into sinus infections, and frequently were accompanied by bronchitis. Following a number of tests Dr. Nichols operated on one sinus. My recovery was fast and painless, and I made it through my first fall-winter season in many years without visiting a clinic for sinus related problems. Dr. Nichols and his staff are courteous, pleasant, and professional.
in Katy, TX |
His expertise and credentials are beyond compare. In addition, he is the most punctual doctor I have ever been to. His staff runs a very tight ship, great teamwork and very professional. Doesn't get any better.
in Tomball, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Nichols by my ENT after nearly 6months of ear related issues. My ENT couldn't get the infection under control so he referred me to Dr.Nichols. After one treatment Dr. Nichols stopped the infection, said the problem was occurring because I had a significant hole in my ear drum and scheduled surgery. 3 weeks later I had tympanoplasty with mastoidectomy surgery. Though painful the surgery was a success! Dr. Nichols couldn't have been more caring. Highly recommend!!
Have you seen Dr. Mark Nichols, MD?
Are you Dr. Nichols?