Dr. Mark Moran, DO

Dr. Mark Moran, DO

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Mark Moran, DO is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Fountain Hill, PA. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Read his story

1204 Delaware Ave

• Capital Blue Cross
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource

Learn about Dr. Moran

See how frequently Dr. Moran performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Aphakia and Other Disorders of Lens
Keratitis
Glaucoma

Dr. Moran's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Moran's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Moran "I am a practicing eye surgeon for over 25 years. I have performed over 15,000 cataract and refractive eye surgeries. I have a great interest in computer technology and how to use it in caring for my patients, while not losing sight that the patient is most important concern in the exam room, not the computer. Due to my familiarity and education (I am certified in healthcare informatics), I can easily focus on the patient and show them the technology to improve their care, rather than struggling to complete records on a computer taking away from time with my patient. I have been selected selected by Sightpath as a one of the Top 25 LASIK surgeons for multiple years. I am currently the medical director at the Surgery Center of Allentown, one of the largest multi specialty surgery centers in the country. My practice has always been based on the fact "Doctor" was derived from the Latin word for "teacher"."

This content was provided by Dr. Moran "An experienced physician and a well-trained staff provides compassionate care in a warm and friendly office environment.  We offer all aspects of medical eye care, specializing in LASIK and Cataract Surgery. We care about your health and respect your time, scheduling appointments to minimize waiting time.  At Moran Eye Associates, you spend less time in the waiting room and more time in the exam room. "

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Cataract Removal Surgery
  • Excision of Chalazion
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • LASIK
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• University Of Scranton
  • Drexel Univ
    Other Education | Completed 2017
  • Drexel University
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Moran has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Moran does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Moran and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Moran's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Moran to family and friends
Dr. Moran's Performance
in Bath |
Dr. Moran and his staff at Moran Eye Associates were professional, dedicated and outstanding. I found Moran Eye Associates after letting friends and colleagues know that I was considering Lasik surgery, and of the 20 or so people I talked to more than 15 people referred me to Dr. Moran. They are caring and walk you through the entire process - from the consultation, to the pre-op, to the billing, and the entire procedure. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Moran! After 32 years, I can see! Thank you!
Bethlehem, PA |
The Dr. Moran and the office staff are beyond nice. Best Dr's office experience I have had in a long time. You are not just a patient to them, you are a person who they care to know and it shows!
in Allentown, PA |
Dr Mark Moran has performed cataract surgery on my second eye. I trust him and truly appreciate his abilities. I trust him with my eyesight and can highly recommend him and his surgery team. Thanks, guys.
Schnecksville, PA |
I love Dr. Moran and his staff!!! I chose him because of his 5 star rating on Health Grades. He absolutely lives up to this rating. I saw him for chronic dry eye disease. Was able to get an appointment the day after I called. I'll also be making an appointment for my husband for lasik eye surgery consultation. Our new ophthalmologist!!
in Coplay |
I was very impressed. I had no wait-list. Bobbie was a wealth of information. Both she and Dr Moran indicated I may not be a good candidate for Lasik. Instead of just going ahead with it because I was hoping to have the procedure, they were more concerned about what was best for me. Wow! You don't see that too often. I would highly recommend Dr. Moran and his staff! As for me, I will be switching to his practice for all my Opthalmology needs!
in Center Valley |
Excellent care from Dr Moran. I give the doctor and his office staff 5 stars.
Bethlehem, PA |
Dr. Moran provides expert care in a friendly office setting. He and his staff are patient and helpful. They always take the time to answer my questions. We have referred a number of friends who have also had great experiences. He is a terrific surgeon. At his new office, it is much easier to get an appointment!
Bethlehem, PA |
I had a great experience. The staff and Dr Moran explained what was going to happen in great detail. They were very accommodating and compassionate. I will definitely recommend the practice to friends and family.
in Coopersburg, PA |
Dr. Moran's staff was exceptional. I went to their office with a friend and asked if there was any way that they could squeeze me in and they made it happen. Very pleasant, professional and accommodating. Dr. Moran was the same. I would recommend them to anyone
Allentown, PA |
I think Dr. Moran is a very compassionate and excellent surgeon. My vision 24 hrs after surgery was 20/20. Throughout the procedure Dr. Moran kept me informed of everything that he was doing and reassured me when I was nervous. Prior to the surgery I had a thorough understanding of what was going to be happening due to Dr. Moran and his staff. They were very willing to answer any questions that I had. I highly recommend him for Lasik Eye Surgery.
in Easton, PA |
Easy and virtually painless! I was in and out of the LASIK center in less than 45 minutes, and left with great vision!! I was driving myself without glasses or contacts the next day. I highly recommend Dr. Moran and his team; they made me feel comfortable and at ease and truly cared about my vision and getting me great results.
in Fogelsville, PA |
Dr. Moran and his staff made me feel as comfortable as possible with their calm demeanor and thorough knowledge of the procedure. I would recommend his office whole-heartedly to anyone considering LASIK surgery. I've never dealt with a more friendly and polite group of people in a medical environment.
in Easton, PA |
I had an emergency while I was travelling. I got in touch with Dr. Moran's office. He made sure that I received the care that I needed...all the way in Oregon! He is an excellent surgeon, and a kind and compassionate doctor. I would recommend him wholeheartedly. He is the best!
in Mertztown, PA |
He has always been great. Explains everything. Always greets you with a smile and very knowledgeable. Great doctor.
in Northampton, PA |
I am so happy I went to Dr. Moran for LASIK! He was great! He is very personable and talks you through the whole procedure and what to expect. Hands down, best money I ever spent! Thank you Dr. Moran and Lehigh Valley Center for Sight!!
Alburtis, PA |
He was knowledgeable and provided the patient with confidence in the procedure they were about to receive. Used humor to ease any anxiety the patient might have. Explained every step during the procedure and advised what to would expect to feel in terms of pain. One of the best medical experiences I have received in terms of results and understanding the cause of the issue. Would recommend Dr. Moran highly to anyone having eye issues.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Moran, DO?
Are you Dr. Moran?