Dr. Mark Moran, DO

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Mark Moran, DO
I am a practicing eye surgeon for over 25 years. I have performed over 15,000 cataract and refractive eye surgeries. I have a great interest in computer technology and how to use it in caring for my patients, while not losing sight that the patient is most important concern in the exam room, not the computer. Due to my familiarity and education (I am certified in healthcare informatics), I can easily focus on the patient and show them the technology to improve their care, rather than struggling to complete records on a computer taking away from time with my patient. I have been selected selected by Sightpath as a one of the Top 25 LASIK surgeons for multiple years. I am currently the medical director at the Surgery Center of Allentown, one of the largest multi specialty surgery centers in the country. My practice has always been based on the fact "Doctor" was derived from the Latin word for "teacher".

Dr. Moran's Experience

See how Dr. Moran's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Moran

Dr. Moran accepts 43 insurance carriers

Dr. Moran is now accepting new patients
    Moran Eye Associates, P.C.1204 Delaware Ave
    Fountain Hill, PA 18015
    (610) 628-2022Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Moran has admitting privileges.

Dr. Moran's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Moran to family and friends
    Dr. Moran's Performance
    Schnecksville, PA |
    I love Dr. Moran and his staff!!! I chose him because of his 5 star rating on Health Grades. He absolutely lives up to this rating. I saw him for chronic dry eye disease. Was able to get an appointment the day after I called. I'll also be making an appointment for my husband for lasik eye surgery consultation. Our new ophthalmologist!!
    in Coplay |
    I was very impressed. I had no wait-list. Bobbie was a wealth of information. Both she and Dr Moran indicated I may not be a good candidate for Lasik. Instead of just going ahead with it because I was hoping to have the procedure, they were more concerned about what was best for me. Wow! You don't see that too often. I would highly recommend Dr. Moran and his staff! As for me, I will be switching to his practice for all my Opthalmology needs!
    in Center Valley |
    Excellent care from Dr Moran. I give the doctor and his office staff 5 stars.
    Bethlehem, PA |
    Dr. Moran provides expert care in a friendly office setting. He and his staff are patient and helpful. They always take the time to answer my questions. We have referred a number of friends who have also had great experiences. He is a terrific surgeon. At his new office, it is much easier to get an appointment!
    Bethlehem, PA |
    I had a great experience. The staff and Dr Moran explained what was going to happen in great detail. They were very accommodating and compassionate. I will definitely recommend the practice to friends and family.
    in Coopersburg, PA |
    Dr. Moran's staff was exceptional. I went to their office with a friend and asked if there was any way that they could squeeze me in and they made it happen. Very pleasant, professional and accommodating. Dr. Moran was the same. I would recommend them to anyone
    in Bethlehem, PA |
    Dr. Moran is an excellent surgeon who takes the time to educate you about your procedure. I felt that I had all the info that I needed to make the right decision for me. I highly recommend him!
    Allentown, PA |
    I think Dr. Moran is a very compassionate and excellent surgeon. My vision 24 hrs after surgery was 20/20. Throughout the procedure Dr. Moran kept me informed of everything that he was doing and reassured me when I was nervous. Prior to the surgery I had a thorough understanding of what was going to be happening due to Dr. Moran and his staff. They were very willing to answer any questions that I had. I highly recommend him for Lasik Eye Surgery.
    in Easton, PA |
    Easy and virtually painless! I was in and out of the LASIK center in less than 45 minutes, and left with great vision!! I was driving myself without glasses or contacts the next day. I highly recommend Dr. Moran and his team; they made me feel comfortable and at ease and truly cared about my vision and getting me great results.
    in Fogelsville, PA |
    Dr. Moran and his staff made me feel as comfortable as possible with their calm demeanor and thorough knowledge of the procedure. I would recommend his office whole-heartedly to anyone considering LASIK surgery. I've never dealt with a more friendly and polite group of people in a medical environment.
    in Easton, PA |
    I had an emergency while I was travelling. I got in touch with Dr. Moran's office. He made sure that I received the care that I needed...all the way in Oregon! He is an excellent surgeon, and a kind and compassionate doctor. I would recommend him wholeheartedly. He is the best!
    in Mertztown, PA |
    He has always been great. Explains everything. Always greets you with a smile and very knowledgeable. Great doctor.
    in Northampton, PA |
    I am so happy I went to Dr. Moran for LASIK! He was great! He is very personable and talks you through the whole procedure and what to expect. Hands down, best money I ever spent! Thank you Dr. Moran and Lehigh Valley Center for Sight!!
    Alburtis, PA |
    He was knowledgeable and provided the patient with confidence in the procedure they were about to receive. Used humor to ease any anxiety the patient might have. Explained every step during the procedure and advised what to would expect to feel in terms of pain. One of the best medical experiences I have received in terms of results and understanding the cause of the issue. Would recommend Dr. Moran highly to anyone having eye issues.
    Have you seen Dr. Mark Moran, DO?
    Are you Dr. Moran?

Dr. Moran says...

I am a practicing eye surgeon for over 25 years. I have performed over 15,000 cataract and refractive eye surgeries. I have a great interest in computer technology and how to use it in caring for my patients, while not losing sight that the patient is most important concern in the exam room, not the computer. Due to my familiarity and education (I am certified in healthcare informatics), I can easily focus on the patient and show them the technology to improve their care, rather than struggling to complete records on a computer taking away from time with my patient.

Dr. Moran says...

I have performed cataract surgery since 1990, and refractive surgery since 1993. My experience includes over 15,000 surgeries since that time. Counseling both the patient and family is very important in deciding a surgical correction.

Dr. Moran says...

Dr. Moran is an expert LASIK surgeon with tens of thousands of procedures performed in the past 20 years.

Dr. Moran's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
    •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
    •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Moran has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Moran's Board Certifications

• Corneal Diseases
    • Corneal Erosion
    • Corneal Ulcer
    • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
    • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
    • Diabetic Retinopathy
    • Diplopia
    • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
    • Drusen

Graduated in 1982

• Other Education
      Drexel Univ

Completed in 2015

Dr. Moran does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Moran and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology
    • Cornea & Refractive Surgery

• Cataract Removal Surgery
    • Excision of Chalazion
    • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
    • LASIK
    • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
    • Pterygium Surgery