Dr. Mark Montag, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Mark Montag, MD
Dr. Mark Montag, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Blue Bell, PA. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Montag is affiliated with Einstein Medical Center - Philadelphia, Abington Hospital—Jefferson Health and St. Mary Medical Center.

Dr. Montag's Experience

See how Dr. Montag's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Montag

Dr. Montag accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Montag is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Montag has admitting privileges.

Dr. Montag's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Montag to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Montag's Performance
Conshohocken, PA |
Dr. Montag was able to fit me in on a day that was clearly quite busy for the office for an urgent issue with my eye. He was incredibly professional through the appointment. He talked me through what he was doing each step of the way which put me at ease since it was the first time I had a full workup on my eyes. I would absolutely recommend his services to others.
in Huntingdon Valley, PA |
I saw Dr Montag 2 weeks ago in Hatboro and he wasn't fantastic. A very intelligent man with a vast knowledge of diabetic eye disease. I am very grateful to Dr Montag for taking care of me and helping me keep my vision as good as it is with my diabetes.
in Philadelphia, PA |
My husband and I have been seeing Dr.Montag for many years now in Hatboro. Although the staff has changed a bit over the years, his expertise has only increased. He is an excellent Doctor and we recommend him to all who need a retina specialist. Wherever he goes, we will always follow.
in Blue Bell, PA |
Dr. Montag took the time to explain my eye condition and my treatment options. I never felt rushed and he patiently answered all my questions. His staff was professional and polite. I would recommend him if you need an eye doctor.
in Conshohocken, PA |
He was throrough, listen to what I was describing and talk me through what he was going to do before he did it.
in North Wales, PA |
Office staff the most arrogant I have have had to deal with! The wait was unexpectedly long! After waiting for over one hour Doctor never apologized and was very abrupt and very rushed. He didn't even know why I was there never reviewed records. The worst treatment I have ever received in any doctors office!!!
To provide a high quality retinal visit, patients are asked to allot up to two hours, and we also have a placard stating this where patients sign in. Further, when meeting a patient I will ask them what their main problem is, even though it was previously noted by staff. This, along with checking the record which is done on every patient with zero exception,is the best way to focus on what is important to the patient. I wish any patient who is so unhappy with our office better luck elsewhere.
in Warrington, PA |
Poor listener. Made judgment based upon incomplete information. Stubborn. Left examination to answer phone call. Never returned. Neither will I.
My response to such a patently false "review" is brief: I and my staff work very hard to provide excellent care via thorough exams, accurate diagnoses and ethical treatment-at all times. At no time in my career has anyone been left in a room and forgotten due to a phone call, and they never will.
in Yardley |
Ive been to 3 other offices and no one saw what Dr Montag did. HE saved my life he saw they cancer that no one else did. He was there every step of the way with out him and his wonderful office staff i dont know what id do. Thanks Again Dr Montag and the staff at bristol.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Montag, MD?

Compare Dr. Montag

Dr. Montag's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Montag has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Montag's Board Certifications

• Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

University Fla

Completed in 1999

University Nebr

Completed in 2000

Dr. Montag does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Montag and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology