Dr. Mark Mittler, MD

Dr. Mittler
Telehealth services available

Long Island Neurosurgical Associates PC

410 Lakeville Rd Ste 204 New Hyde Park, NY 11042

Dr. Mark Mittler, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in New Hyde Park, NY. Dr. Mittler has more experience with Pediatric Neurosurgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Long Island Jewish Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mittler to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Mittler is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital Manhasset, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Mittler

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Mittler treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Mittler treats other conditions, please contact the office at (516) 354-3663.

Pediatric Neurosurgery

Pediatric neurosurgeons perform surgical procedures to treat diseases and conditions of the brain and spinal cord in children and teenagers under age 18.Compare with other Pediatric Neurosurgery specialists.

Dr. Mittler is experienced in the area of Pediatric Neurosurgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 6 conditions and procedures

Very High

Check Dr. Mittler's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Mittler's conditions and procedures:

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Brain
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Dr. Mittler accepts

Dr. Mittler accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
Oxford Health Plans

Dr. Mittler's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mittler

Dr. Mittler?
  • Staff friendliness (26)
  • Appointment scheduling (25)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (25)
  • Long wait times (2)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
Dr Mittler saved my son's life after a massive skull fracture from a car accident. Other than a small scar, there a no signs of brain damage and my son is an honor student. Dr Mittler was a god-send to us.
JB – Apr 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
Dr. Mittler fused my fifteen year old granddaughter's spine after a plane accident. He is an excellent surgeon and has a warm and comforting bedside manner. He treated us as if we were his only patients and took all the time necessary to make sure we understood everything that was happening and what we could expect in the future. My granddaughter made a 100% recovery.
Linda Bohlsen – Nov 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
Well tomorrow March 10 2020 ima have surgery so far he got me excited for it I'm 15 so I'm good
Henry deras – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
When our 10 month old needed surgery on her skull, we were terrified. Dr Mittler's patience and specific explainations on exactly what was going to happen through-out the entire surgery and recovery process was so calming. He's amazing surgeon and an absolute gift to family's dealing with frightening diagnosis'.
Angela Larocco – Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
In February of 2016, my 6 month old son, Andrew, developed a bump on his head. After some tests we were referred to Dr. Mittler, who examined the tests, conducted his own tests, and decided that we needed to remove and biopsy the tumor in his skull. Dr. Mittler is an amazing surgeon. I had real concerns about letting this man drill a hole into my childs skull, that I spent hours for weeks researching him on the internet and my confidence and respect for Dr. Mittler grew so much that on the day of the surgery, I had no worries. The surgery went faster and smoother than I expected and I took my child home the same day. The biopsy revealed that the tumor was benign, thankfully. Today I have the sweetest and healthiest boy, who is about to turn 3. Thanks to Dr. Mittler.
Sean Carroll – Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
Dr.Mitler is a great doctor had a good time seeing him didn't agree with his opinion his opinion he gave me.
Huntington, NY – Jul 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
Dr. Mittler performed surgery on my 11 year old son. He had an arachnoid cyst. He was ALWAYS professional and caring. Even when he wasn't in my insurance plan he reassured us saying he would take whatever the insurance company gave. So that negates the previous review because he certainly is not in it just for the money We just passed 6 years and got the word that all is good! I would highly recommend Dr. Mittler to anyone and have. Thank you Dr. Mittler for everything you did for my family!
Levittown, NY – Jun 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
Our son Samuel had cranial-cynisotsis so our pediatrician referred us to Dr. Mittler. We were immediately struck by his easygoing and calming, yet very professional demeanor. When we walked into his office we were greeted with a smile and were reassured that he would take care of our baby boy. True to his word he took care of our son and the surgery went so well he didn't even have the common swelling and discoloration of the face and eyes. Dr. Mittler and his staff are AMAZING! God bless them.
David in Middle Village, NY – Apr 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
My 14 year old son had an outstanding experience with Dr. Mittler today. We received MRI results yesterday that showed an Arachnid Cyst. Our pediatrician urgently reached out and Dr. Mittler saw us at virtually a moment's notice. He was kind, compassionate, and engaged my son directly. His exam and the time he gave us in explaining/answering our questions put our minds completely at ease. I'm so grateful.
Michelle in Northport, NY – Mar 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
On March 30, 2016 my 13yo daughter had a condition called AVM. A vessel in her brain ruptured. While she had a headache and her eye was hurting, we had no clue what was wrong. About an hour later she started losing consciousness. At this point we knew that she had to be rushed to the ER right away. When we reached LIJ, Dr. Mittler ordered a cat scan which did show internal bleeding in her brain. Dr. Mittler told us that our daughter has to have emergency surgery right away. He saved her, TY Doc.
Ellie in Fresh Meadows, NY – Dec 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
When I was 12 years old I was diagnosed with an Astrocytoma. Dr. Mittler was my neurologist and performed a thorough and successful surgery. After 14 years, I finally got an MRI done and visited Dr Mittler. When I saw him I was in tears because he gave me a second chance at life. He told me my MRI results were normal and everything is fine with me. I can't thank him enough for this. I am proud to say I have accomplished a bachelors in biology, I have a great job and I just bought my first house.
Singh in Ozone Park, NY – Nov 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
When our daughter was diagnosed at nine months old with craniosynostosis and hydrocephalus, Dr. Mittler put us at ease by saying "...she will be all right". Two surgeries later, she is showing tremendous progress, and that comes in great part from Dr. Mittler. We can't say enough good things about his practice and staff.
Northport, NY – Oct 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
Dr. Mittler & his office are by far, the most organized & caring staff-Team actually, that I have encountered.No matter who answered the phone, they knew who my son was. Dr.M genuinely interacted w my child.He has a screen at the end of his desk for us to review the MRIs. Dr M was not quick to jump to surgery and only did so when necessary. After surgery Dr. M. met us in the waiting room, told us the details of our son's successful procedure & I got to give him a big hug:)
Heather G in Huntington Station, NY – Oct 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
We have recommended Dr Mittler a few times and have heard the same thing from each person, he's genuine, caring and extremely thorough. He put us at ease instantly. Our daughter is doing amazing and it's all due to him!
Milford, PA – Oct 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
About a year ago we found an absess on my son's brain and chose dr.mittler to perform. We're not a wealthy family so when he said he would work with our insurance company we were so very grateful. Unfortunately Dr.Mittler must have changed his mind because 8 months later we received a subpoena because of lack of payment. I don't know how this slimeball sleeps at night ripping off scared emotional families but needless to say I would not recommend him.
Patrick S in West Islip, NY – Sep 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
This is the doctor that saved my daughter Elizabeth's life in 2014. An abscess had settled near my daughter's brain stem. She was paralyzed on her right side. Dr. Mittler and his team at Cohen's Childens Hospital performed two brain surgeries on my daughter in July of 2014. Almost two years later, my daughter is walking with a walker, and walking short distances on her own. She regained most of her memory and movement on her right side. Thank God for Dr. Mittler and his team at Cohens.
Tammie Robinson in Valley Stream, NY – May 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
Dr Mitler takes care of both our children.He is truly an amazing doctor. Knows us well enough that if we tell him something is wrong, even when nothing shows up in tests, he doesn't doubt us or turn us away. He has performed numerous surgeries on our children and we would highly recommend him to everyone. Our son had to write a school paper on his hero and he picked Dr Mitler as his hero!
Karen Navarro in Hempstead, NY – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mittler?

• Neurosurgery