Dr. Mark Mittler, MD

Pediatric Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Mark Mittler, MD
Dr. Mark Mittler, MD is a pediatric neurosurgery doctor who practices in New Hyde Park, NY. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Mittler is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center and NYU Winthrop Hospital.

Dr. Mittler's Experience

See how Dr. Mittler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mittler

Dr. Mittler accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Mittler is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Mittler has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mittler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mittler to family and friends
Dr. Mittler's Performance
Huntington, NY |
Dr.Mitler is a great doctor had a good time seeing him didn't agree with his opinion his opinion he gave me.
Levittown, NY |
Dr. Mittler performed surgery on my 11 year old son. He had an arachnoid cyst. He was ALWAYS professional and caring. Even when he wasn't in my insurance plan he reassured us saying he would take whatever the insurance company gave. So that negates the previous review because he certainly is not in it just for the money We just passed 6 years and got the word that all is good! I would highly recommend Dr. Mittler to anyone and have. Thank you Dr. Mittler for everything you did for my family!
in Middle Village, NY |
Our son Samuel had cranial-cynisotsis so our pediatrician referred us to Dr. Mittler. We were immediately struck by his easygoing and calming, yet very professional demeanor. When we walked into his office we were greeted with a smile and were reassured that he would take care of our baby boy. True to his word he took care of our son and the surgery went so well he didn't even have the common swelling and discoloration of the face and eyes. Dr. Mittler and his staff are AMAZING! God bless them.
in Northport, NY |
My 14 year old son had an outstanding experience with Dr. Mittler today. We received MRI results yesterday that showed an Arachnid Cyst. Our pediatrician urgently reached out and Dr. Mittler saw us at virtually a moment's notice. He was kind, compassionate, and engaged my son directly. His exam and the time he gave us in explaining/answering our questions put our minds completely at ease. I'm so grateful.
in Fresh Meadows, NY |
On March 30, 2016 my 13yo daughter had a condition called AVM. A vessel in her brain ruptured. While she had a headache and her eye was hurting, we had no clue what was wrong. About an hour later she started losing consciousness. At this point we knew that she had to be rushed to the ER right away. When we reached LIJ, Dr. Mittler ordered a cat scan which did show internal bleeding in her brain. Dr. Mittler told us that our daughter has to have emergency surgery right away. He saved her, TY Doc.
in Ozone Park, NY |
When I was 12 years old I was diagnosed with an Astrocytoma. Dr. Mittler was my neurologist and performed a thorough and successful surgery. After 14 years, I finally got an MRI done and visited Dr Mittler. When I saw him I was in tears because he gave me a second chance at life. He told me my MRI results were normal and everything is fine with me. I can't thank him enough for this. I am proud to say I have accomplished a bachelors in biology, I have a great job and I just bought my first house.
Northport, NY |
When our daughter was diagnosed at nine months old with craniosynostosis and hydrocephalus, Dr. Mittler put us at ease by saying "...she will be all right". Two surgeries later, she is showing tremendous progress, and that comes in great part from Dr. Mittler. We can't say enough good things about his practice and staff.
in Huntington Station, NY |
Dr. Mittler & his office are by far, the most organized & caring staff-Team actually, that I have encountered.No matter who answered the phone, they knew who my son was. Dr.M genuinely interacted w my child.He has a screen at the end of his desk for us to review the MRIs. Dr M was not quick to jump to surgery and only did so when necessary. After surgery Dr. M. met us in the waiting room, told us the details of our son's successful procedure & I got to give him a big hug:)
Milford, PA |
We have recommended Dr Mittler a few times and have heard the same thing from each person, he's genuine, caring and extremely thorough. He put us at ease instantly. Our daughter is doing amazing and it's all due to him!
in West Islip, NY |
About a year ago we found an absess on my son's brain and chose dr.mittler to perform. We're not a wealthy family so when he said he would work with our insurance company we were so very grateful. Unfortunately Dr.Mittler must have changed his mind because 8 months later we received a subpoena because of lack of payment. I don't know how this slimeball sleeps at night ripping off scared emotional families but needless to say I would not recommend him.
in Valley Stream, NY |
This is the doctor that saved my daughter Elizabeth's life in 2014. An abscess had settled near my daughter's brain stem. She was paralyzed on her right side. Dr. Mittler and his team at Cohen's Childens Hospital performed two brain surgeries on my daughter in July of 2014. Almost two years later, my daughter is walking with a walker, and walking short distances on her own. She regained most of her memory and movement on her right side. Thank God for Dr. Mittler and his team at Cohens.
in Hempstead, NY |
Dr Mitler takes care of both our children.He is truly an amazing doctor. Knows us well enough that if we tell him something is wrong, even when nothing shows up in tests, he doesn't doubt us or turn us away. He has performed numerous surgeries on our children and we would highly recommend him to everyone. Our son had to write a school paper on his hero and he picked Dr Mitler as his hero!
Have you seen Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
Are you Dr. Mittler?

Compare Dr. Mittler

Dr. Mittler says...

Expertise in minimally invasive techniques for disorders of the growing brain and spinal cord, as well as their surrounding structures of the skull, scalp, and spine.  Conditions routinely treated include pediatric brain tumors, spinal cord tumors, Chiari malformation, craniosynostosis, hydrocephalus, arteriovenous malformations, skull and scalp lesions, tethered spinal cord, syringomyelia, refractory epilepsy, misshapen heads, and traumatic lesions.

Dr. Mittler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Neurosurgery
      •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Mittler has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mittler's Board Certifications

Childrens Hospital Los Angeles

Completed in 1999

University of Rochester

Graduated in 1987

Dr. Mittler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mittler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Neurosurgery
      • Neurosurgery

Dr. Mittler does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Mittler and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.