Dr. Mark Mittler, MD

Pediatric Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 54

Dr. Mittler

Cohen Children's Medical Center Pediatric Neurosurgery

410 LAKEVILLE RD, STE 204 New Hyde Park, NY 11042

Dr. Mark Mittler, MD is a pediatric neurosurgery specialist in New Hyde Park, NY and has been practicing for 21 years. He specializes in pediatric neurosurgery and neurosurgery.

Dr. Mittler's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mittler

Dr. Mittler?
Dr. Mittler's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Mittler, MD
In February of 2016, my 6 month old son, Andrew, developed a bump on his head. After some tests we were referred to Dr. Mittler, who examined the tests, conducted his own tests, and decided that we needed to remove and biopsy the tumor in his skull. Dr. Mittler is an amazing surgeon. I had real concerns about letting this man drill a hole into my childs skull, that I spent hours for weeks researching him on the internet and my confidence and respect for Dr. Mittler grew so much that on the day of the surgery, I had no worries. The surgery went faster and smoother than I expected and I took my child home the same day. The biopsy revealed that the tumor was benign, thankfully. Today I have the sweetest and healthiest boy, who is about to turn 3. Thanks to Dr. Mittler.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
Dr.Mitler is a great doctor had a good time seeing him didn't agree with his opinion his opinion he gave me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
Dr. Mittler performed surgery on my 11 year old son. He had an arachnoid cyst. He was ALWAYS professional and caring. Even when he wasn't in my insurance plan he reassured us saying he would take whatever the insurance company gave. So that negates the previous review because he certainly is not in it just for the money We just passed 6 years and got the word that all is good! I would highly recommend Dr. Mittler to anyone and have. Thank you Dr. Mittler for everything you did for my family!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
Our son Samuel had cranial-cynisotsis so our pediatrician referred us to Dr. Mittler. We were immediately struck by his easygoing and calming, yet very professional demeanor. When we walked into his office we were greeted with a smile and were reassured that he would take care of our baby boy. True to his word he took care of our son and the surgery went so well he didn't even have the common swelling and discoloration of the face and eyes. Dr. Mittler and his staff are AMAZING! God bless them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
My 14 year old son had an outstanding experience with Dr. Mittler today. We received MRI results yesterday that showed an Arachnid Cyst. Our pediatrician urgently reached out and Dr. Mittler saw us at virtually a moment's notice. He was kind, compassionate, and engaged my son directly. His exam and the time he gave us in explaining/answering our questions put our minds completely at ease. I'm so grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
On March 30, 2016 my 13yo daughter had a condition called AVM. A vessel in her brain ruptured. While she had a headache and her eye was hurting, we had no clue what was wrong. About an hour later she started losing consciousness. At this point we knew that she had to be rushed to the ER right away. When we reached LIJ, Dr. Mittler ordered a cat scan which did show internal bleeding in her brain. Dr. Mittler told us that our daughter has to have emergency surgery right away. He saved her, TY Doc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
When I was 12 years old I was diagnosed with an Astrocytoma. Dr. Mittler was my neurologist and performed a thorough and successful surgery. After 14 years, I finally got an MRI done and visited Dr Mittler. When I saw him I was in tears because he gave me a second chance at life. He told me my MRI results were normal and everything is fine with me. I can't thank him enough for this. I am proud to say I have accomplished a bachelors in biology, I have a great job and I just bought my first house.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
When our daughter was diagnosed at nine months old with craniosynostosis and hydrocephalus, Dr. Mittler put us at ease by saying "...she will be all right". Two surgeries later, she is showing tremendous progress, and that comes in great part from Dr. Mittler. We can't say enough good things about his practice and staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
Dr. Mittler & his office are by far, the most organized & caring staff-Team actually, that I have encountered.No matter who answered the phone, they knew who my son was. Dr.M genuinely interacted w my child.He has a screen at the end of his desk for us to review the MRIs. Dr M was not quick to jump to surgery and only did so when necessary. After surgery Dr. M. met us in the waiting room, told us the details of our son's successful procedure & I got to give him a big hug:)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?
We have recommended Dr Mittler a few times and have heard the same thing from each person, he's genuine, caring and extremely thorough. He put us at ease instantly. Our daughter is doing amazing and it's all due to him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mittler, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mittler?

• Pediatric Neurosurgery

Rhode Island Hospital
1992
Rhode Island Hospital

Dr. Mittler accepts

Dr. Mittler accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth