Dr. Mark Mighell, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMale

Telehealth services available

Florida Orthopaedic Institute - Sun City Center

909 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa, FL 33609

Dr. Mark Mighell, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Tampa, FL. Dr. Mighell has more experience with Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Adventhealth Carrollwood and HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mighell to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Mighell with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital today at (813) 994-0358.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital.

Dr. Mighell's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mighell

Dr. Mighell

I had shoulder replacement surgery with Dr Mighell. He used an innovative muscle sparing procedure. The physical therapist was amazed when I showed up only 3 weeks post-op and could do so many exercises with relative ease. I'm so pleased with Dr Mighell and his team I'm scheduling replacement surgery for my other shoulder. Thank you Dr Mighell I'm enjoying my life again!
BQ – Aug 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
Dr. Mark Mighell is a KIND, BRILLIANT & GIFTED shoulder surgeon & his support team is ‘SECOND-TO-NONE’!! It’s my pleasure & my honor to leave this 5 Star Review. I’m 68 yrs. & in need of a right (& eventually, a left) Total REVERSE Shoulder Replacement due to 2 past Traumatic Shoulder Injuries (I broke both shoulder sockets). Had my right shoulder replaced 6/28/21. The surgery was OUT-PATIENT & took LESS than 1.5 hours. My surgery was different than the more common REVERSE Shoulder Replacement in that Dr. Mighell DID NOT CUT ANY MUSCLES in my shoulder!! Consequently, my recovery, thus far, has been nothing short of a miracle! NO over-night hospital stay; Able to shower & dress myself after 7 days; Out of the IMMOBLIZER in 11 days; Minimal pain; Could drive after 11 days (after no longer needing prescription med) & Began PT 3 weeks post-surgery!! Am 3+ weeks post-surgery and Family, Friends & I can’t believe my progress! Also, I have seen Dr. Mighell at EVERY app’t! My humble THANKS!
Betsy Walker - Clearwater – Jul 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
I had a total should replacement in June, 2019 by a good surgeon in Ocala. Long story short, I ended up with a bacterial infection in the bone which was not diagnosed until January of this year, because two I & D’s did not find the infection. February, the prosthetic was removed and I was on IV meds for 6 weeks. My surgeon told us in the hospital that he would not be doing the replacement & was sending me to the best shoulder surgeon he knew as this was out of his comfort zone. I had a revised replacement on 5/3 and found out at my 2 week check-up my should was dislocated. Yesterday, I had my 6th surgery, to fix the dislocation and Dr. Mighell put the largest ball in. I came home today, with moderate pain. This surgeon, his APRN and PA, Stacey & Leticia, and Rita and Elise are all top notch. Dr. Mighell is caring and down to earth and I am extremely happy with my outcome so far! Great care at Carrolwood Hospital as well!
JB – May 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
I have been a body builder for the last 30 years before i dislocated my left shoulder which Dr, Mighell rebuilt (complete reverse replacement) giving me back my lifestyle and the gym. But the most amazing part,,, my 1st visit meeting him, x-rays, consulting, operation set and out in 3 hours. He knew how important to regain the use of my arm and back in the gym meant. Everyone was so great, that day and everyday since. 6 months later 80 use and headed for 100 percent with no doubt Thank Dr, Mighell and staff
e. Jones – May 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
This is my second time seeing Dr. Mark Mighell and as expected it went very well. 6 years ago he did a total reverse shoulder on my right shoulder and what a difference that made. I am pain free with full range of motion. Todays visit was for the left shoulder. I am scheduled for a total left shoulder in May. Dr. Mighell is an incredible surgeon and a great guy. I spent 41 years in healthcare and I can say he is one of the very best orthopedic surgeons I have met. I highly recommend Dr. Mighell.
Robert Albury – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
Dr. Mighells is the BEST! When other doctors recommend surgery, I urge you to see Dr. Mighells. That’s what I did & he recommended that I wear a sling & allow my broken bones to heal naturally. I’m his biggest fan. His advice worked for me twice - this past month when I broke my collarbone & once before, several years ago, when I broke my shoulder. And if I ever need surgery, Dr. Mighells will be the one to do it. We are so lucky to have such exceptional medical care at our fingertips in Tampa Bay. The entire staff is efficient, compassionate & professional. I will be starting Physical Therapy to loosen up my shoulder muscles (after a month in a sling) and I know from past PT experience at FOI with my shoulder that the therapists will do their magic. Thank you to Dr. Mighells and his entire team at FOI!
Barb M. – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
Dr. Michell did an outstanding job on my elbow. I was surprised how much motion I had after surgery. He is wonderful and explained everything to me throughout the process. His staff is amazing and always responded to my calls and questions.
S. Vogel – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
In July 2020, Dr. Mighell repaired a torn rotator cuff and fracture with extremely successful orthopedic surgery. Despite what I had been warned, once the nerve block wore off (within less than 2 days), I never experienced even a hint of post-surgical pain in that area! Additionally, because of his expertise in stitching the incisions made during surgery, one cannot tell anything was ever done! He then referred me to the PT department there at South Tampa, where I have been under the care and guidance of physical therapist Mike Fisher. Mike also worked with me for a while on some balance issues I was having. Considering his young age (31) and limited years in practice, I cannot give him enough praise! It has been obvious from the start that he has a natural gift for his profession, and one would think he has been doing this for years. As I have told multiple staff there at Florida Orthopedic, your organization is blessed with an absolute gem of a therapist!
Steve Vernon – Mar 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
I visited Dr. Mighell and he recommended me replacing my shoulder. I was surprise that they can do that, I was scared at first after seeing the picture of those metals they going to implant in my body, but the doctor inspired me with confidence. In the afternoon of the same day of the surgery, I was at home with my arm immobilized but without pain and as if nothing had happened. Two days later I felt discomfort, but with the medications the doctor prescribed, pain calmed down. Today, I can sleep without pain and I return to my normal activities, I play tennis, throw darts and return to my social dancing. I am 65-year-old man, working my life in construction, I love to dance Tango, Salsa, Bachata, or any music style and thanks to one doctor, one decision and Gods help, my life change for better. If you have problems with your shoulder, do not lose any time thinking about it and let Dr. Mighell solve it for you! I never felt pain again! Thank you doctor Mighlle...
Rodolfo Enrique Schefer – Mar 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
I have seen Dr. Mighell (pronounced Miles) for several years for a shoulder issue. He is exceptionally knowledgeable, professional, always patient with my plethora of questions. Dr. Mighell’s associated R.N. is Rita McKnight. She is TRULY PHENOMENAL and, in my opinion, greatly enhances Dr.Mighell’s practice and reputation with her empathy, kindness, patience, and wisdom regarding any orthopedic issues. I repeatedly have given my appraisal of Ms. McKnight to Dr.Mighell, who is well aware of his good fortune. THE BOTTOM LINE: You are in very good hands with Dr.Mighell and R.N. Rita McKnight. PERIOD
Bill Hauser – Jan 04, 2021
Bill, thank you for your 5 star rating for Dr....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
Dr. Mighell repaired my my torn bicep and enabled me to completely regain the use of my arm. After diagnosing my injury, he throughly explained the procedure to repair it and answered all my questions. He also continued to communicate closely with me throughout the course of my treatment . Dr. Mighell is the "go to" physician for elbows and shoulders in the Tampa Bay area because of his skill and caring.
Dave D. – Dec 04, 2020
Dave, thank you for your 5 star rating for Dr....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
Dr. Mighell is excellent. I am an attorney who had major shoulder surgery over 20 years ago and still enjoy full range of motion and full use of my shoulder.
Oct 28, 2020
Thank you for your 5 star rating for Dr. Mighell!...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
I suffer from acute pain in my right shoulder since March 2018. I saw him and he recommended surgery, once completed, my experience was seamless without any pain medications or additional therapies, I would highly recommend him.
Choudhry R Arain – Sep 11, 2020
Choudhry, thank you for your 5 star rating about...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
Dr. Mighell performed a total reverse shoulder replacement on my left shoulder. The operation was a complete success. I have great function in my shoulder and am now pain free! Dr. Mighell and his team are terrific, provided great care before and after the procedure. I highly recommend.
Chris – Sep 08, 2020
Chris, thank you for your 5 star rating and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
I saw Dr. Mighell in early May to address the pain in my right shoulder which was due to Osteoarthritis . He recommended shoulder replacement surgery which I had in early July. Dr. Mighell assured me that I would be pain free after the surgery . He was right on . My post surgery recovery has been pain free . With PT I am getting back into my daily activities which include golf and biking. I had complete confidence in Dr. Mighell and his staff right from the beginning. They were very professional and informative plus they were very attentive to my needs and concerns . Many Thanks for all your help. If you have a shoulder issues Dr. Mighell is the Dr. to see.
Larry Karas – Aug 26, 2020
Larry, thank you for your 5 star rating! We love...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
My left elbow surgery went so well that my wife asked me to build a patio in the backyard. The initial concrete patio stone was set on March 13, 2020. It took 4 months and 27 days to set 404 patio stones. Each stone weighs 31.70 lbs. I had to lift each stone by hand at least four times and some stones had to be lifted as many as six or seven times. This is approximately 66,000 lbs. or 33 tons!!! All is well!!!! Thanks Doc -- I guess
Barry M. Bywalec, PE – Aug 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
I am writing this five days postop reverse shoulder surgery. I am a Very active person unfortunately in a bicycle accident that shattered my shoulder. This was basically my only option that would allow me to eventually one day get back into the activity levels I enjoy. I know this is going to be a long process however I feel I am in the best hands with both Dr. Mighell and Rita who both have been truly amazing through this extremely hard and difficult time for myself. I feel they definitely will help me come on the other side of this a much stronger person both physically and mentally. I’m excited to get through this journey and I have the most professional people to back me up. Their staffers are so amazing and very compassionate and knowledgeable.
Becky – Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
I had got a frozen shoulder from overuse & developed agonizing pain & was unable to even move my arm. I called Florida Ortho & was seen the same day by Dr Mark Mighells . The treatment he gave me worked so well that I was 80% better by the next morning & in a week was back to 100% in a week. Thank you Dr Mighells.
Aug 03, 2020
Thanks for sharing your story! We are so happy to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
I came to see Dr. Mighell for a distal bicep tendon rupture. Being a Sheriff Deputy during my first visit, I was very nervous about the situation I was in. After speaking with Dr. Mighell, I knew I was in good hands. He is knowledgeable and a very experienced orthopedic surgeon. He explained in detail of what to expect pre and post-surgery and how it would affect my recovery time. After the surgery Dr. Mighell took the time to personally call me at home to make sure I was doing ok. My arm post-surgical is great, I lost little to no function. The recovery was quick, and after 6 weeks I was able to lift light weights again with no brace. He has an outstanding team working with him and they have been great throughout the entire process beginning to end.
A.Oberne – Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?
I recently had a total shoulder replacement. Dr. Mark Mighell is wonderful. He has a great bedside manner and takes the time to answer any questions I had. His nurse Rita McKnight is outstanding. I called her cell phone several times after my surgery with some problems I was having and she called me right back even late at night. What a terrific person. He couldn't have a more concerned nurse for his patients than her. I would highly recommend this staff and this institute for anyone needing shoulder surgery. FABULOUS!
Patricia Doman – Jun 04, 2020
Thank you for the glowing review of Team Mighell,...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mighell?

Though the problems I treat are quite often complex in nature, I strive to offer the best chance to restore function and improve quality of life for my patients.

1999