Dr. Mark Mighell, MD

Dr. Mark Mighell, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male

Dr. Mark Mighell, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Mighell is affiliated with Florida Hospital Carrollwood, Memorial Hospital of Tampa, Tampa General Hospital and St. Joseph's Hospital.

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

909 N Dale Mabry Hwy

Tampa, FL 33609

• Coventry Health Care of Florida

Learn about Dr. Mighell

See how frequently Dr. Mighell performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Arm Surgery
Rotator Cuff Surgery
Osteoarthritis of Shoulder

Dr. Mighell's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Mighell "Though the problems I treat are quite often complex in nature, I strive to offer the best chance to restore function and improve quality of life for my patients."

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Shoulder Tendinitis
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

• Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Florida Orthopaedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Mighell has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Mighell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mighell to family and friends
Dr. Mighell's Performance
Tampa, FL |
If it was possible to give more than 5 stars, I would. Dr. Mighell and his staff are professional, caring and approachable. My 16 year old had a football related injury. Dr. Mighell took the time to listen and communicate with him explaining the injury and plan for recovery/rehab. I trust Dr. Mighell's knowledge and decision making in the care of my child - proof that I would definitely recommend him and his practice to family and friends.
Thank you for taking the time to write us this kind review! Dr. Mighell cares immensely about his patients, no matter their age! We hope your son is on the safe road to recovery and can get back on the football field in no time. Thank you again for the kind words.
in Orlando, FL |
DR MIGHELL DID MY LEFT SHOULDER TEN YEARS AGO, AT AGE 75. I DID AS HE REQUESTED AND PERFORMED MY EXERCISES DAILY. YES IT HURT LIKE HECK, BUT I DID THEM FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS DAILY. AFTER THAT I DID THEM IF I HAD ANY SHOULDER PAIN AT ALL. I HAVE CONTINUED THE EXERCISES OVER THE YEARS AND DO KNOW THAT IS THE KEY TO BEING ABLE TO USE MY ARM. THANK GOODNESS I DID, AS NOW I AM IN NEED OF ANOTHER REPLACEMENT OF MY RIGHT SHOULDER. I AM HOPING TO CONVINCE HIM THAT 85 IS NOT TOO OLD TO HAVE THIS DON
Ms. Sims, thank you for choosing us and for the kind review. Just as you mentioned, the post operative exercises are the key to a successful recovery. Without doing therapy, your shoulder would not have fully recovered. Thank you again!
in Tampa |
Dr. Mighell and his organization are first class. AAAAA From Dr. Mighell's expertise and precision medical service to his staff at Florida Orthopedic to the hospital staff, everything is professional, above and beyond any medical; service I have ever experienced. Dr. Mighell's assistant Rita is superb and goes above and beyond in follow up and detail.
Thank you Sanford! Dr. Mighell and Rita are thankful for your kind words. Thanks for choosing us for your care!
in Odessa, Florida |
I could be here forever writing accolades about this fine gentleman. Dr. Mighell is a very genuine, kind, skilled surgeon with a bedside manner you just don't see anymore. He is a throwback to the good old days when you felt like a patient and not a number! I went to Dr. Mighell after another colleague of his was rude, insincere, short and frankly, thought he was God. I ended up having Dr. Mighell repair my ruptured tricep tendon. Great job! James Magliulo
James, thank you for the kind words. Dr. Mighell is grateful you are doing so well!
in Spring Hill, FL |
Whatever you do stay clear of this doctor.I went to see him about my shoulder and explained to him that I was having a little numbness and tingling in my pinky and ring finger and without even looking at my EMG this doctor decided to schedule surgery for me and told me I would be fine in 2 weeks it's been 7 years now and my arm is a mess because of this clown, also immediately after the surgery he put me into a steel cast and crushed the nerve in my wrist causing permanent damage... 0 stars
in Spring Hill, FL |
He is the best.!!!!!!!!!
in McLean VA |
Dr Mark Mighell performed surgeries both shoulders. After he was so successful with surgery of left and I was able to get back in the water and work out. I trusted him to do my other shoulder. His bedside manner and care areal so excellent
in Tampa, FL |
My condition required a total shoulder replacement. From living with terrible pain to being off all pain meds five days from surgery was like a miracle to me and I can't thank Dr. Mighell enough. I was in physical therapy in six weeks instead of three months and at the end of the PT my movement was excellent. I just went for my one year checkup and I believe I'm perfect. I've gone back to gardening which I was able to do for years. Dr Mighell was everything the last coments said.
in Brandon, FL |
Very pleasant experience with Dr. Mighell. Although he is very busy he takes the time to explain the condition and surgical/non surgical approaches. He always greated me with a smile and exudes confidence without being cocky. He has a very easy going down to earth personality. Would not hesitate to recommend him to family or friends. Very pleased with the outcome of my surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Mighell, MD?

Visit Dr. Mighell

Tampa, FL 33607
Tampa General Hospital
1 Tampa General Cir
Tampa, FL 33606

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Mighell at Florida Orthopaedic Institute