Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD

Dr. McLaughlin
Telehealth services available

Princeton Brain Spine and Sports Medicine

901 W Main St Freehold, NJ 07728

Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Freehold, NJ. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Capital Health Regional Medical Center and Centrastate Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. McLaughlin to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. McLaughlin with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Monmouth Medical Center.

These providers are on the medical staff of Monmouth Medical Center.

Dr. McLaughlin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McLaughlin

Dr. McLaughlin

I have known Dr. Mark McLaughlin for over ten years. He did my neck surgery in 2015 and I'm doing wonderful since then. Not only is he a great surgeon, but he is a wonderful human being. He looks at all the tests that you had taken, but it is just or more important that he hear from you what is going on. I could not recommend anyone as good of a surgeon and human being than Dr. Mark McLaughlin. sincerely, Ralph Zelman
Ralph Zelman – Nov 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Dr.McLaughlin performed brain surgery on me on July 30,2021, exactly 3 months ago. He operated on me for my condition, Trigeminal Neuralgia. I had met with Dr. McLaughlin 3 times before my surgery. He was always very reassuring and confident. He performed a procedure known as a Micro Vascular Decompression, (MVD). I had this condition for approximately 5 years, however, it really worsened in the past 12 months. The disease is totally debilitating. Going into the surgery I was in great pain, immediately afterwards I was cured. Dr. McLaughlin literally gave me my life back! Praise GOD! Brain surgery is a scary issue, however Dr. McLaughlin certainly lived up to his world wide reputation! I cannot recommend a surgeon any higher.
Patrick Reynolds – Oct 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
I would recommend Dr. McLaughlin very very highly. Dr. McLaughlin's surgical team did an incredible job planning the repair, and then carrying out the repair of my wife's broken back (fusing five vertebra after a catastrophic injury, an L1 burst fracture). At each post surgical visit Dr. McLaughlin has treated my wife and I as though she were his only patient that day. Dr. McLaughlin graciously gave us as much time as we needed to answer our questions, examine and treat my wife's wound, answer questions about the surgery, her recovery, her physical therapy, and her long term prognosis. He was extraordinarily clear and detailed in his explanations and comforting in his demeanor. We could not have asked for more. Thank you!
Joseph – Aug 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Dr. McLaughlin is an outstanding person and an extremely talented physician. If you want the honest scoop and talented and blessed "hands" for surgery...He is your doc!! The office is responsive and thorough both in person and on the phone. The wait time can be longer than expected, because he does spend valuable time with his patients.
  • Long wait times
Jul 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
He is a compassionate doctor who truly listened to everything I had to say and was very reassuring that he'd be there for me until my issue gets resolved.
Jul 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Dr. McLaughlin is very well knowledgeable and kind. He has given me very good straight answer to my health issues and guidance. I would recommend him very highly and professional, knowledgeable doctor. His staff are very helpful also. He also spent enough time with the patients. I will recommend him to my friends and family.
Chetna Shah – May 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
I met Dr. McLaughlin 3 1/2 years ago I had pain in my back and legs you recommend I should have pain management. After several treatments of pain management the pain persisted after several MRIs my primary doctor told me I should see a surgeon so I went back to see Mark. Dr. McLaughlin agreed that I needed surgery he took his time and explained everything to me and made me feel very comfortable with what I needed to have done. He fuse the lower part of my back and fixed the nerves that were damaged after 3 1/2 months of recovery I have no pain. I would recommend Dr. Maglothin to anyone and his staff is awesome.
Bob Raike – Apr 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Excellent with his approach with his patients and with his explanations and recommendations. Plus he is a overall very nice person AND an excellent surgeon.
Bob Fausak – Apr 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Dr. McLaughlin is very patience and offers a clear medical medical treatment plan during every visits. Patient questions and concerns are quickly addressed by a very friendly staff. Telephone calls are answered within one to two minutes. Excellent experience.
Joseph Crisp – Mar 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Best surgeon is Dr. McLaughlin and best practice around in NJ. I traveled over an hour to see him. Thank God he caught and diagnosed my cervical Myelopathy before it got worse. I went to him for 2nd opinion due to my neck pain. I experienced bulging discs, spinal Stenosis, and degenerative disc disease all in my cervical spine. I had a discectomy and fusion of my levels C-3 to C-7. Pretty big fusion for a healthy 45 year old with no prior injuries. Dr. McLaughlin explained everything to me in great detail during initial office visit. He’s so patient and took his time to examine me and talk with me and my husband about my condition. Surgery was my only way to stop the cervical myelopathy from progressing. My experience from pre op to post op recovery is an A++. I only needed to stay in hospital for a 23 hour observation because I did so well, thanks to my surgeon and his team (and God) in the OR. I’m so grateful for this doctor.
Christina D. – Feb 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Great doctor with an excellent bedside matter. I would recommend Dr. McLaughlin to all my family and friends.
Mary Lou Falzarano – Dec 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
I went to see Dr. McLaughlin for a second surgical opinion. Dr. McLaughlin was so nice and very caring. He answered all of my questions and concerns. He is Very knowledgeable and he spent a lot of time explaining everything to me. His staff was very helpful and professional. I would highly recommend Dr McLaughlin.
Dec 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Dr McLaughin is really a great surgeon. I went to see Him thinking I need major surgery. Dr. suggested I have 2 Epidurals targeting the specific area and it worked. Thanks to Dr McLaughin no major surgery needed at this time. He has great bedside manor and really explains everything. I really recommend this doctor. Joe G
Joe Gullotta – Dec 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
After meeting with Dr. Mark McLaughlin back in March, my surgery was performed on June 15, 2020 by Dr. McLaughlin and I am doing GREAT! He performed a lumbar laminectomy plus fusion of the L3,4 & 5. The nerve pain in my back and down my left leg into my foot was gone and I was walking one week after surgery without pain. As of today (September 1) I continue to walk 1 mile every morning and multiple walks during the day. I look forward to the day he tells me I can do things around my house and in my yard. If you need surgery Dr. McLaughlin a great Neurosurgeon and I highly recommend him. He has given me my life back!
Daniel Ranich – Sep 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Worst I have ever been treated by a physician. I had a recent lumbar injury that made my leg numb and weak with bowel incontinence a bladder retention. I had no con over my toes which moved with individual flexion on they're own and my entire perineal area was numb. According to the MRI I have multiple herniation a an extrusion that had migrated to cranial/ causal nerves. Severe right neural terminal stenosis. I also had a CSF leak w/ Tarlov cysts. Needless to say I was worried and scared. That was in the ED so I asked for neuro evaluation. I asked if he read the report he said I dont need the report I'm looking at your films right now. He says go for epidurals. I tried to ask a question he cut off mid sentence and said are you here for my professional opinion or to argue with me. He says you here for my professional opinion and I just gave it to you slams the computer shut turns back on me tells the secretary to give me a name of a pain management guy
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
April – Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Thus far I’ve only had the pleasure of meeting Dr. McLaughlin once. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable, generous with his time and possessing the ability too explain complicated medical matters in layman‘s terms. Dr. McLaughlin is a skilled listener, genuinely kind, at the same time he radiates confidence without being pompous. I left his office certain that I chose the right surgeon.
Richard Auerbach – Mar 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Dr. McLaughlin is warm and caring. He did my spinal surgery 3 months ago and I’m doing very well. I would recommend him to everyone.
Rachelle Halperin – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Dr. McLaughlin is the absolute best! Would never even consider seeing another neurosurgeon. I trust him completely. Many years ago he did surgery on my husband and spent 11 hours trying to fix what other surgeons messed up. Just so attentive to your care, don’t know of other surgeons who would spend that kind of time trying to save a single nerve. I will always have total confidence in his skills...And always recommend him to others.
BB – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
Dr. McLaughlin is great, very personable and informative. I had spinal fusion done in 2010, and still have no issue with my back. Before surgery, I was taking Oxycontin every 4 hours, and waking up in the middle of the night, crying in pain. I went though 6 months of agony and it just kept getting worse. Sorry it took so long to write a review, but after 9 years, my back is still doing great. Thank you Dr. McLaughlin.
Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?
I have had the pleasure to have Dr. Mark McLaughlin attend to my Lumbar Compression problem and solve it. He was right on target with from problem from day 1 ( Jan 25, 2019) until his operation on March 4, 2019. He is the utmost professional as is his staff. He was compassionate, caring, understanding, courteous and extremely informative. They don't come any better than this doctor.
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark McLaughlin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McLaughlin?

Dr. McLaughlin has wanted to become a doctor since he was 5 years old. He is now living his dream. He trained at some of the premier neurosurgical centers...Read more

Emory University Hospital