Dr. Mark McDonnell, DPM

Podiatric SurgeryMaleAge 51

Dr. McDonnell

Hill Country Sports Medicine

7900 Fm 1826 Ste 100 Austin, TX 78737

Dr. Mark McDonnell, DPM is a Podiatric Surgery Specialist in Austin, TX and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from California College Of Podiatric Med medical school in 1995. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Ascension Seton Hays and Ascension Seton Southwest. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. McDonnell to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Podiatric Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. McDonnell's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. McDonnell treats Hammer Toe more than 87% of his peers

Dr. McDonnell treats this condition more than 87% of his peers

Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
high

Dr. McDonnell performs Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair more than 87% of his peers

Dr. McDonnell performs this procedure more than 87% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Ankle Ligament Reconstruction

• Nail Avulsion and Excision
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Sever's Disease

Dr. McDonnell accepts

Dr. McDonnell accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Preferred PPO

Dr. McDonnell's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McDonnell

Dr. McDonnell
My first visit with Dr. McDonnell was very informative and a detailed diagnosis of my problem. I had surgery two weeks later and now postop seven weeks and I am doing great. I would highly recommend Dr. McDonnell for any type of podiatric surgery..."Thanks Dr. McDonnell," I feel great!
Joyce C. Bolt – Nov 10, 2020
Dr. McDonnell and his staff Liz, Joan a, and the billing department are the worst medical office I have ever dealt with. I was steered wrongly and recommended to him by Texas Orthopedics bc they don’t do feet. If you want a doctor who you’re able to communicate with rather than going through his incompetent, unprofessional staff, I urge you to go see a different dr. Numerous times I was told over a period of 2 weeks from Liz & Joanna that Dr. McDonnell would call me to answer my questions. I paid $300 to see him, he charges more than most drs, and all he did was give me a $500 boot that the billing dept said would likely be covered that I never used and was not covered. It was too painful to wear, and did nothing to “heal” my chief complaint—nerve injury and loss of toe function due to a deep cut. Instead of offering treatment options he said, “It’s a hard one. Try the boot. Come back in a few weeks.” I sought a second opin
Jul 04, 2020
Dr. McDonnell is wonderful! From the moment I walked into his office for my seemingly never-ending foot issues, I left assured knowing that he was going to take care of me. He is personable, kind, empathetic, incredibly knowledgeable, and most important - he listened to me! My surgery went amazingly well and I had no pain afterward! That was a first for me. Dr. McDonnell had assured me during my first visit that if I listened to him, I would be pain-free after surgery and I was! I cannot speak highly enough about him and am already recommending him to my friends. I am truly grateful for his expertise and kindness.
T. Rivera – Mar 27, 2020
I have seen Dr. McDonnell for years. He is very down-to-earth, compassionate, knowledgeable, and professional. He tries to find the best solution with the least amount of down time. It's easy to get an appointment and he's always on time. I would highly recommend him.
Mar 05, 2020
Dr McDonnell is smart, personable, and kind. He recognized immediately what my foot problem was and chose a simple and better (than a more complicated surgery ) procedure . My foot is healing way ahead of schedule and the pain is gone. He’s a great doc!
Tracy Barr – Feb 14, 2020
Dr. McDonnell removed a cyst and fixed my bunion I October 2019. First, I cannot say enough good things about him. I was nervous about having the bunionectomy and he was very reassuring. He explained the procedure and made me feel very comfortable about having the procedure done. The surgery went extremely well and I had little to no down time. He has a great bedside manner. Post-op visits were never rushed. He took time to answer all of my questions and address any concerns I had. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. In my opinion, he's the best! He has a great office staff as well and my wait time to see the doctor was never more than a few minutes. Dr. McDonnell gets an A+ in my book.
Gwen H. – Nov 07, 2019
I have been Dr. McDonnell's patient for years and have recommended him to a number of people. That's how I found him...he was recommended to me by another of his patients. He has managed my foot issues in a most excellent way and has performed successful surgeries on both my feet He is one of the most down-to-earth, intelligent doctors I have ever been to and I trust him and his judgement with no reservation.
Nan Boen – Oct 29, 2019
Dr. McDonnell's office staff was great to work with to make my appointment, get me the registration forms to fill out in advance, run my insurance, and prepare me for an easy check-in on the day of the procedure. Visiting with Dr. McDonnell was quick and easy as he assessed my options, explained them thoroughly, and then executed the procedure. He was fun to visit with while he was working on me. It made the time go by quickly for my wife and me and made me feel good about my decision to choose Dr. McDonnell for what I needed done.
San Marcos Patient in San Marcos, TX – Jul 01, 2019
The office staff was always friendly and polite. The appointment times were on schedule. My surgery and recovery was just what Dr. McDonnell had explained it would be. After having the surgery, the pain in my foot is gone. I can-now walk with ease. It was all worth it.
May 02, 2019
McDonnell is an excellent podiatrist. He diagnosed my issue, educated me, treated the issue, and helped me plan for additional treatment should my condition worsen. He personally brought me into the examining room 5 minutes before our appointment both times I was there and has excellent communication skills. His front office is efficient and I encountered no issues whatsoever during any interaction with them. Highly recommend.
Doug Meeks in Dripping Spring, TX – Jan 02, 2019
Dr. McDonnell is a miracle worker! Had a large bunion on my right foot and knew it would require surgery. Had talked to family members about the surgery and only heard how painful it was. Googled about the surgery and got the same results...very painful. I had to have it done so prepped myself for the pain. There was no pain! None! Dr. McDonnell did a wonderful job. I was back to work in a week. He was so kind. Took the time to explain everything to me. What a great doctor!
P. Wozniak in Austin, TX – Nov 14, 2018
Wonderful doctor!! I have recommended several people to Dr. McDonnell. Great bedside manner, very professional with a very caring personality. I would recommend this doctor to anyone experiencing foot problems. He had me up and running in 6 weeks after a pretty extensive surgery. Five stars aren't enough - I give him 10! Kudos to his wonderful staff as well. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes - and many times I was able to see the doctor earlier than my appointment time.
L. Lewis in Smithville, TX – Nov 14, 2018
Dr McDonnell is a wonderful Dr. I have dealt with pain from ingrown toe nails for years. Instant relief after he fixed my nail problem
TX – Nov 07, 2018
Dr. McDonnell is a rare gem of a doctor who cares for his patients and goes above and beyond to make sure their needs are met. He was able to fix an ingrown toe nail for me that had been botched (twice) by another podiatrist. I'm convinced he has a magical technique because there is minimal pain post op and it heals quickly. I have since been to see him several times for other foot issues and he is always patient to answer any questions and has had a solution for my pain every time.
Cheryl in Austin, TX – Sep 02, 2017

How was your experience with Dr. McDonnell?

• Podiatric Surgery