Dr. Mark Maurer, DPM

Practices Podiatric Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 53 reviews.
Author:
I was terrified to have a 2nd foot surgery after the first one was not successful – by another surgeon. Dr Maurer didn't seem overly concerned about being able to correct my problem, but understood my fear and apprehension. Fast forward 2 months post op and I am already in less pain than before the surgery. Great bedside manner as well!
Author:
Great visit, Dr Maurer helped me learn about my foot pain and how to help it. Such a nice guy!
Author:
I ruptured a tendon and so had to have total reconstructive surgery because I have flat feet. I was recommended Dr. Maurer by my primary physician and from the first minute I met him, I was so impressed with his personal style, depth of knowledge, and willingness to answer every question...and I had many! After 12 weeks I'm walking in my tennis shoes and working through the discomfort of a totally rebuilt left foot. Foot surgery is incredibly complex and I gave him quite a foot to have to rebuild! Through all of this ordeal, I've had a totally positive experience every time I met with him. Pueblo is very fortunate to have a physician of his caliber. No need to go anywhere north with Dr. Maurer in Pueblo. I'm going to tell all my friends and neighbors that he is the guy to see for foot problems!
Author:
He did a major surgery on my left foot, achilles tendon. I would highly recomend him as he was caring, up front and did an amazing job
Author:
Dr Mauer treats my husband, grandson as well as myself. He has always been prompt with appointment times. He has a conservative approach to whatever treatment was needed. The office area is very clean. The front desk ladies, while extremely busy, are attentive and pleasant. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Mauer to anyone.
Author:
Initially, I scheduled a consultation with Dr. Maurer for a 2nd opinion. He explained everything in detail and gave me the confidence to change doctors! The surgery went very well and I no longer have any arthritis in my big toe! I have resumed all activities now.
Author:
I felt that I was treated with courtesy, scheduling was easy and I got in soon after I called for an appointment. I met with Dr. Maurer three times, he explained my condition thoroughly. I was very satisfied with my treatment.
Author:
I saw Dr. Mauer for a sports-related ankle injury. He was very accommodating to the conservative approach that I initially wanted to take, not pressuring me into anything that I wasn't comfortable with. His patient-centered approach was refreshing. Eventually, though, it became clear that surgery would be necessary. The surgery was successful and I am symptom-free and back to the active lifestyle that I thought I might not have again.
Author:
What can I say other than Dr. Maurer and his staff are excellent. I honestly was sad when I was s"released". He has an amazing bedside manner and makes you, the patient, feel as relaxed and at ease as one can be. I had to have foot/ankle surgery and his incisions are remarkable and how he was the morning of surgery definitely put me to ease even though I was heading into surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Maurer for all of your foot and ankle needs!!!
Author:
Dr Maurer listen very carefully to my problem, made me feel like I had his full attention, gave my foot a thorough examination, gave me some exercises to help strengthen my foot and Achilles muscle , and other suggestions on how to get the correct type of shoe for my foot. After just one visit I can walk 5 times further than I could before my visit. I am so happy I can go back to hiking and taking long walks. Thank you dr. Mauer
Author:
Dr. Maurer is amazing! His patience, positivity, direct approach, and support made all the difference. Always prompt, kind, a good listener, funny, and very positive. Definitely a strong doctor with a great bedside manner and up to date information. Made a difficult situation much easier.
Author:
Foot surgery was my best option after my fall. I discovered Dr. Mark Maurer. He spent plenty of time with me, educating me about the complexity of the foot and my injury. Careful attention was given to the surgical procedure and recovery plan. Professional skills, bedside manners and friendliness are certainly some of his top qualities. Surgery was successful; physical therapy is bringing back my strength, motion and flexibility. A "Landslide" brought me down and "Dr. Maurer" brought me up!
real nice guy
Author:
I immediately recommended Dr. Maurer to my sister who has the sames kind of foot problem as me.
Author:
Dr Maurer took all necessary time to understand what was important to me, and my history. After a thorough evaluation, no treatment advised... just some coaching on better foot-care. Not a doc trying to get my money, just trying to make sure I have the medical advice I need. Easy to communicate with. After I messed up the appointment from travel and weather, they easily rescheduled. Everything was clean and the staff was pleasant and efficient.
Author:
Dr Maurer is an excellent doctor. He explains where the break is and the route to take. He is very knowledgeable! He tries to fix the foot without surgery. He is very friendly as well as his staff. I would highly recommend him!!
Author:
Dr. Maurer and his team provided excellent care following my injury and surgery. He explained my plan of care and took time to answer all of my questions. I had a great outcome without any complications. I would highly recommend him!
Author:
I appreciate that the staff was able to get me in to see Dr. Maurer immediately. He performed an extensive examination with x-rays and took time for education about my complaint. He gave me a treatment plan to improve my problem and prevent further complications. His staff was courteous and professional especially Jessa. I would highly recommend Dr. Maurer to my associates. .
Author:
Dr. Maurer is very professional and thoroughly explains all available treatment options. He values patient time, and understands that people don't like to be kept waiting.
Author:
Dr. Mauer has a great "bedside manner." He is friendly, professional, considerate, and careful to make sure the patient is as comfortable as possible. Highly recommend!
Author:
I have had very good experience with Dr Maurer, I was worried that I was going to have surgery on toes, but he explained all that would help my problem, I Cleo C. Would only have positive to who needs a podiatrist for Mark Mauer
Author:
Dr. Maurer is a fantastic podiatrist. He's very knowledgeable and patient-focused. He listened to my questions and concerns and helped me get back on my feet!
Author:
A month ago I was having a difficult time walking due to pain in my foot, so I went and saw Dr. Maurer. He told me stretches I could do to help my plantar fasciitis and advised that I ice my foot daily, wear my insoles, and take the perscription he prescribed to keep the pain at bay as I recovered. In this month I have noticed a drastic improvement and can walk without limping anymore. He is professional, friendly, and kind. There's not much more you can ask for in a doctor. Thanks, Dr. Maurer.
Author:
Dr. Maurer explains all procedures thoroughly. Answers questions when asked in a simple and concise manner. Provided excellent follow up care. I would readily recommend him to family and friends.
Author:
I saw Dr. Mauer for a bunion I could no longer tolerate. He explained my options and I elected surgery, which he performed. Dr. Mauer is extremely knowledgeable but down-to-earth and easy to talk to. He did a fantastic job from start to finish. What I like most about Dr. Mauer is that he takes care of his patients himself - he removes the stitches, he does the follow-up, he shows you the exercises to perform following surgery, etc. I really appreciate that
Author:
Professional and thorough, very little waiting room time.
Author:
Dr Maurer really cares for his patients. I enjoy the staff, I always feel welcomed and my issues are addressed.
Author:
Dr. Maurer takes the time to listen to your complaints and then patiently explains treatment. He make sure that you understand and don't have any questions. He also gives a follow-up call to see if you have any questions or concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Maurer.
Author:
He helped me with a simple method I would never have thought of, very good doctor!
Author:
Dr. Maurer offered some very practical advise in addition to the medical evaluation and explanation.
Author:
Dr. was nice and listens to my problems and set a plan. ..recommendations working very well. still applying..
Author:
I just met Dr. Maurer and i feel confident and comfortable that he is able to get me back on my feet and back into the workforce. I look forward to my upcoming procedures. Martin Martinez