Dr. Malone's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Pain Medicine
- Anesthesiology, 1988
- Pain Medicine, 2009
Procedures Dr. Malone Performs
Dr. Malone does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Malone and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Malone Treats
Dr. Malone does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Malone and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Malone
- No malpractice history found for Texas.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- Professional Misconduct (8/27/2010)
- Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Mark Thomas Malone; License # G3580
Nature of Complaint:
The physician failed to conduct a pre-injection examination of a patient. Also, the physician failed to conduct and document a post-injection examination of the patient, who began complaining of worsening of symptoms. Instead, the physician delegated the patient’s care to midlevel practice members. The physician’s notes failed to adequately document the patient’s symptoms, and there was no documentation that the physician personally examined the patient pre- or post-injection.
The Texas Medical Board has Ordered that the physician shall be subject, but not limited to, the following terms and conditions:
- The physician shall successfully complete eight hours of CME, within one year from the date of entry of this Order.
- The physician shall pay an administrative penalty in the amount of $500 within sixty days of this Order.
- The physician shall submit to the Board, a corrective action plan, within forty-five days from the date of the entry of this Order.
- The physician shall comply with all the provisions of the Act and other statutes regulating his practice.
- The physician shall fully cooperate with the Board and the Board staff.
- The physician shall be permitted to supervise and delegate prescriptive authority to physician assistants and advanced practice nurses, and to supervise surgical assistants.
- The above-referenced conditions shall continue in full force and effect without opportunity for amendment, for one year following the date of the entry of this Order.
- State: Texas
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Malone & Staff