Dr. Mark Lyon, MD

Urology •  Male • Age 47

Telehealth services available

2850 W 95th St Ste 302 Evergreen Park, IL 60805

Dr. Mark Lyon, MD is a Urology Specialist in Evergreen Park, IL. Dr. Lyon has more experience with Urologic Care and Calculi (stones) than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Ingalls Memorial Hospital and Little Company Of Mary Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lyon to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Urology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Lyon accepts

Dr. Lyon accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthLink PPO
Preferred PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Frequently Treated by Dr. Lyon

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Lyon treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Lyon treats other conditions, please contact the office at (708) 422-2242.

Urologic Care

Urologic care focuses on the health and treatment of the male and female urinary tract, as well as the male reproductive system.Compare with other Urologic Care specialists.

Dr. Lyon typically treats 82% more often than similar doctors

High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Similar Providers

Calculi (stones)

Urologists or nephrologists diagnose and treat kidney stones, small pieces of hard, crystallized material that form in the kidney and typically pass naturally, but may require shock wave therapy, a catheter procedure, or surgery.Compare with other Calculi (stones) specialists.

Dr. Lyon typically treats 70% more often than similar doctors

• Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Complex Penile Surgery
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Cystometry
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stone Removal
  • Kidney Stone Removal, Closed
  • Kidney Stones
  • Kidney Surgery
  • Lithotripsy
  • Male Infertility
  • Male Sexual Conditions
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Orchiectomy
  • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Prostatitis
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Lyon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lyon

Dr. Lyon?
I was referred to Dr Lyon, by my GP, for issues related to an enlarged prostate and elevated PSA levels...after a q&a session, Dr Lyon prescribed a course of action, involving additional testing and finally, suggesting two options...one was medication, the other surgery...I chose the surgery alternative, which after having Dr Lyon perform the surgery over a month ago...I am thankful that I did...game/life changer. Dr Lyon, prior to my surgical choice, provided me with as much information as I was able to absorb and he answered my questions and provided added discussion that I was able to digest and understand. Additionally, his entire staff was absolutely empathetic and hospitable while in office as well as when visited by Kelly Dugan, an associate of Dr Lyon...again, outstanding. Dr Lyon and his entire staff are off the charts OUTSTANDING, in all they do and say...Class acts...going to Dr Lyon was the best decision I've made in years...wish I had only gone sooner.
Bill Hannigan – Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Lyon for about 18 months. About 16 months ago Dr. Lyon performed a urolift procedure on me. I must say that was one of the best decision I have ever made in my life. Dr. Lyon had initially been treating me for BPH. After 2 months of medication monitoring, with no positive results, Dr. Lyon proposed the Urolift Procedure as an option. I did all the preliminary testing and was approved. Before the surgery, Dr. Lyon took the time to explain everything that I would go through. The procedure was not uncomfortable, nor did it take long. The results have exceeded my expectations. I cannot thank Dr. Lyon enough for how he has improved my quality of life.
Anthony in Chicago, IL – Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
Dr. Lyons is the hat trick of excellence: thorough, professional, and compassionate. After a diagnosis of prostate cancer, which came as a shock, he spent time discussing treatment options with my wife and me, making time to address questions and never rushing us out of the office. He treats you like a family member, and we trust his expertise and guidance. My wife and I are thankful to have him in our corner on this journey.
Eddie – Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
My visits are always thorough and professional without losing that personnel touch. I first went to Dr. Lyon when he had a practice at Pronger/Smith. When it was taken over I followed Dr. Lyon because I liked him so much. Since then my father also has Doctor Lyon as his Urologist and he likes his care as well.
Ralph Heft Jr. – Dec 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Lyon for approx. 7 months. He recently ( 3 weeks ago) performed a urolift procedure on me. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He is a very good urologist. If I were to have any future needs I will continue to see Dr. Lyon. Do not hesitate, make an appointment to see the good doctor. My life has done a 180 after this procedure. I was hesitant at first, but am very glad I followed Dr. Lyon's advice. There was no pain during the procedure and very little discomfort for about 3 days afterwards. The procedure was on Friday, Monday was a holiday and I was back at work on Tuesday.
Paul – Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
I have been bringing my elderly father to see Dr. Lyons for over 3 years. When we first met Dr. Lyons he tested my father for Prostrate Cancer which he had. His PSA was almost 10.0 and for the last 2 years it is 0.2. Amazing! I take care of both of my sick parents and go to all of their doctor visits and of all the doctors I see, Dr. Lyons is the most caring. He always finds a way to ask how things are going and always makes sure my dad and myself are involved in the decision making. He is very respectful of your wishes! My 23 year old son is having a small problem and I was delighted to find out that Dr. Lyons is on my insurance plan and immediately scheduled an appointment and have no doubt that my son will like him as much as my dad and myself. I would only take my kids to the best and as far as urology goes, it is Dr. Mark Lyons!
Tina – Oct 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
His office fit me in to his already booked solid schedule. I truly can appreciate their no nonsense, let's move forward mentality. Within an hour after consultation I had two major tests done. Communication was like talking to an old friend, not some over educated, better than thou, practitioner. You'll be glad you went to see him.
MB – Oct 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
I'm very grateful for Dr. Lyon and his professional care. I appreciate his ability to communicate the different paths I could have taken with my situation. He explained everything in simple terms for me to understand and he didn't pressure me do anything I wasn't comfortable with.
Matthew Healy – Oct 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
Over the past year I have had infected kidney stones removed and a procedure called Aquablation to reduce the size of my enlarged prostate. Now I urinate less often and my bladder feels empty. I feel like a kid again and I don't wake up a lot at night to pee.
Michael Sliwa – Oct 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
Dr. Lyon and his staff always go above and beyond to listen to my concerns and solve my issues. They use state of the art technology and have in office sedation to make my procedures more comfortable. Their nurse practitioners are always available for acute visits and phone calls. The office staff is friendly and patient.
Mrs. D – Aug 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
This is patient Michael Moore I recommend Doctor Lyon’s to anyone That needs a urologist doctor, he’s not just a doctor but he cares about his patients, I am a special project of his and I would recommend Doctor Lyon’s to my family an friends!!!
Michael Moore in Joliet , IL – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
Dr. Mark Lyon is extremely thorough, conscientious and spends a great deal of time explaining potential ways to treat various urological issues. His professional approach in helping me as his patient was outstanding as were his explanations both during and after various tests were administered. He also freely discussed potential future appointments and the long term possibilities of how to keep ahead of urological problems which may arise. He takes whatever time you need to clarify what his plans are for the future and clearly describes those and always asks, "Do you have any questions or is there anything else you need to know at this time?" He is really easy to talk to and uses diagrams and models to display much of what he is talking about so it is easier to understand. He is an exemplary professional and I would highly recommend him.
Richard Conrad in Orland Park, IL – Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
I can't say enough about how great it is to finally find a doctor that cares about his patients overall health and happiness. Dr Lyons went above and beyond my expectations to try and help me thru my problems. I'm very grateful for his compassion and understanding. If the wait is a little long it's because each patient gets all the time they need and deserve.
John C. in ALSIP – Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
Wonderful, caring physician who has helped me greatly. I would recommend Dr. Lyon to any of my friends who are having any types of urological problems.
May 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
I've been going to Dr Lyons for the last 4-5 years. I had Bladder cancer and I was shocked, but he explained everything to me in a way I could understand the whole situation. I can not say enough about him how he made me feel calm and relaxed, like I was a close friend or close relative.Ive been cancer free for 4 years now!! He is a great Doctor and I consider him to be a friend. Their is not enough words to say how caring he cares about his patients. Thanks Dr.Mark Lyon
Charles Ulrich in Blue Island, IL – Dec 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
GREAT I WENT TO HIS OFFICE IN TOWN AND HE WAS NOT IN HIS STAFF CALLED HIS OTHER OFFICE D AND HE WOULD SEE ME AND I GOT THE HELP I NEEDED HE CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS
Nov 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
Great doctor and very accommodating staff! Informative and friendly bedside manner. Thank you for taking such great care of my husband!
Chicago – Apr 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
Love Dr. Lyon. He performed surgery on my 14 year-old and did an excellent job. He is so friendly and explained everything that was happening.
Apr 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
Dr Lyon is a very thoughtful and knowledgeable doctor who is concerned about your total health. He spends as much time with you as you need. I have every confidence in him in regard to my treatment and will continue to see him as necessary.
Carolyn S in Evergreen Park, Il – Jan 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?
I've been to many urologist in my life. None of which I would ever go back too. But Dr. lyon is the best doctor I have had. I would recommend him to anyone who need to see a caring and kind Urologist.
Elaine McDonough in Chicago il – Dec 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Lyon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lyon?

To provide the utmost care and concern for every patient

Board certified urosurgeon