Dr. Mark Levenson, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 75

Ear, Nose, and Throat

Dr. Mark Levenson, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Saratoga Springs, NY and has over 50 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Levenson has extensive experience in Otologic Conditions & Procedures. He graduated from New York Medical College in 1972. He is affiliated with medical facilities Albany Medical Center Hospital and Saratoga Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Mark Levenson, MD

Saratoga Hospital Medical Group - Ear, Nose & Throat

3050 Route 50 Fl 2 Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Levenson

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Levenson treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Levenson treats other conditions, please contact the office at (518) 587-2300.

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Levenson is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

• Ear Infection
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Glomus Tympanicum Tumor
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing

Dr. Levenson accepts

Dr. Levenson accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard Basic) PPO
National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Shield of Northeastern New York
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
HealthyBlue 2.0
Tricare

Dr. Levenson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Levenson

Dr. Levenson

A doctor who goes the extra mile.
Dr. Levenson has proven to me that if he feels that the cause of an issue is more likely due to another issue. He will recommend that you go and see that specialist. He suspected that I had a TMJ which was the cause of my ear pain and suggested I see my dentist as soon as possible, which I did. Dr. Levenson was correct and confirmed by my dentist. Medication was issued and on my way to recovery. Thanks to both doctors for their expertise..
  • Long wait times
John Winters – Jun 29, 2022
Fixed me
Dr Levenson is friendly, helpful, and always takes the time to explain everything. He fixed the septum in my nose two years ago. I have been able to breathe freely and comfortably in a way I have never experienced before. I recently had my first cold since the surgery, and it was almost surreal that while I was stuffed up, I was not COMPLETELY stuffed up. It made a simple cold so less troublesome that I am in awe if this is how noses are supposed to work. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Levenson to anyone for any reason.
Jef Tworek – Feb 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
I saw Dr Levenson in 2020 after many years of pan sinus disease, sinus infections, loss of taste and smell and not being able to breathe. I was afraid to have surgery but I was finally willing to do it to improve my quality of life. Dr Levenson was recommended by everyone I talked to including my prior ENT in another location. He has years of experience and expertise. His staff was so kind and helpful also, answering all my questions and easing my anxiety. My outpatient surgery was November 2020 at Saratoga hospital. I had no bruising and very mild pain for a couple days. Follow up visits were good to insure my healing was clean and thorough. It is now September 2021 and I feel great. I regained my full sense of smell and taste and can breathe great. Talk to dr Levenson, ask your questions and let him help you feel good again. I highly recommend Dr Levenson and his team.
Donna – Sep 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Yes, I would. I was deaf in one ear and large hearing loss in the other ear. After Dr. Levenson operated, I can now hear well in both ears. I am very grateful to Dr. Levenson as he has restored my hearing that will enable me to continue working and enjoy life.
Sandra Canfield – Jul 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
I suffered from chronic sinusitis for approximately seven years until finally admitting to myself that it required surgery. The first surgery was with a different doctor and it did not go well. It resulted in all of my prior conditions returning with the addition of an infection from the surgery. Another doctor informed me that Dr. Levenson was the most experienced ENT within the capital region. When we met, Dr. Levenson took great care in explaining my current state, what happened during my previous surgery and how the next surgery would differ. The surgery went well and I was able to make a full recovery. Dr. Levenson and his staff were always professional and promptly answered any questions I had about medication or post-op care. I would highly recommend Dr. Levenson.
Jul 07, 2021
great doctor highly recommend
Mar 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Dr. Levinson performed a radical tympanomastoidectomy on my right ear. After removing all damaging growth, he was able to craft a bone from cartilage which was destroyed by the cholesteatoma and attach a titanium prosthesis to it to improve my hearing. My hearing improved immediately after the surgery and all cholesteatoma had been removed which was quite extensive. He was thorough in his explanation of the procedure, answered all my questions to satisfaction, and highly skillful at his expertise. I would highly recommend Dr. Levinson for those seeking a reliable and skillful ENT specialist.
Donna L. Flagg – Feb 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Dr Levenson surgically removed a cholesteatoma Last year. The surgery was very extensive and hours long This year he rebuilt my whole eardrum and I can happily say that I can hear again. It is like a miracle. Dr Levenson is the absolute best Dr that I have ever had. He is kind and very patient. He takes the time to answer any questions, gives detailed info on all steps and refers you to his website for more detailed info or to answer any questions you may have The whole office in Saratoga NY is an absolute pleasure to visit. I am super excited that I can hear again after two years
James Casey – Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
My daughter has seen many ENTs since being born with ear fluid and conductive hearing loss. She had 6 sets of tubes before finally seeing Dr. Levenson. Each set of tubes would last 6 months or so before working their way out resulting in fluid build up and hearing loss. Dr. Levenson was recommended by another doctor we saw in NYC. He at first recommended a surgeon at Boston Children who specialized in her particular scenario. Imagine a surgeon who cares about his patients and is confident enough to recommend a second opinion! When that procedure didn't take, we returned to Dr. Levenson where he placed my daughter's 7th set of tubes and reconstructed her eardrum. Dr. Levenson's surgery and tubes have lasted 4 years so far and her hearing is perfect. We are so grateful to have found him. He has recently split from the Albany group he was with and we will make the 45 minute drive to Saratoga to continue seeing him.
Sep 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Dr. Levenson surgically removed a cholesteatoma in June 2020 which was rapidly deteriorating the hearing in my right ear. He saved a bone in my middle ear and fashioned a new eardrum which restored my hearing. His expertise and calming demeanor eliminated my anxiety. He repeatedly answered my weekly list of questions and encouraged patience. He is a skillful surgeon who is honest, patient, and caring. What more do you want? I would definitely recommend him.
Deborah – Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Levenson for several years and can't say enough good things about him. He is an outstanding physician and surgeon and is incredibly knowledgeable and thorough. My case was somewhat unusual and complicated and he was able to diagnose and treat my issues using techniques that no other provider in the area are using. His knowledge in his field is uncomparable. Saratoga Springs is lucky to have someone of his caliber working here. I highly recommend him.
Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Dr. Mark Levenson saved my hearing, and possibly more, with his surgical expertise. After another specialist told me to wait and watch my continued hearing loss, Dr. Levenson recognized the need for surgical correction, and I am so grateful. He was able to remove the cholesteatoma, reconstruct the bones and eardrum, and 18 months later, my hearing has been restored to equal that of my other ear. He explained my condition and the surgical procedure in great detail, and in an understandable manner. He is cautious and comprehensive in all of my follow up appointments, and he is gentle but thorough in all of my exams.
Beth D – Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
I have suffered with chronic sinusitis & sinus infections, deviated septum, nasal problems,etc., for many years. Please see Dr. Mark Levenson for an evaluation. He is very kind, caring & an expert in his field. He is the BEST Dr. I have seen in a long time. After a day-surgery procedure, I can finally breath and my symptoms have resolved. His nurses and office staff are very kind. Thank you Dr. Levenson for all you did for me. I wish I met you years ago!
Kathryn Rezendes 8/8/47 – Mar 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
This is the worst Dr I have ever seen and wasted my time with. I was contacted by his office phone hold numerous times requesting all medical records or I would not be able to have the appointment. Records were sent lost and sent again. Finally when I got into see him Dr Levenson said "I have not had the time to review your records". Then looked up my nose and said nothing is wrong with me. I was suffering terribly and went back to Mount Sinai.. Scans were done and was put in for surgery immediately! This Dr do not give me the time of day. I am very sad and sorry I wasted my time with this NON professional..There are many other Drs that are far better.. He us the worst Dr I have ever seen.. Beware!!!
JoAnn McMahan – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
I was almost completely deaf in my left ear due bone growth ("surfers ear"?). Dr. Levenson performed surgery on my ear to reduce/eliminate the bone. It was very complicated and I am not sure there is anyone in this area that could have done what he was able to do. He was able to restore my hearing back to normal! I would emphatically recommend Dr. Levenson!
Chris – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Not very good with children. And if you miss an appointment they call CPS.
Carl – Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Dr . Levenson is the best ENT doctor that we have in our area .I am very happy with the results after my sinus surgery , finally I can breath and not getting sick .I received so much good information and felt so well cared.
Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
I have my hearing Back!! Thank you Dr. Levenson for giving me back my hearing. I will always tell others if they ever want to hear because you can't he is the Doctor to see. For all those who think it's the end of hearing!! Not so!! Make an appointment to see this Phenomenal Doctor! Dr. Levenson
Margaret Rosenthal – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
My name is Lisa Gornay-Lutz and all I can say is he is the BEST. I have been a patient of Dr. Levenson’s for over 30 years. One of the most brilliant doctors I have ever been treated by. He has been blessed and gifted with miraculous hands. Very professional, thorough and compassionate with his care. He explains everything in detail. I travel three hours from Rockland County just to be seen by him. If anyone reads this review and is looking for the best of the best for an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist, please reach out to Dr. Levenson. You won’t be disappointed. He did two major surgeries on my left ear, Cholesteatoma and Reconstructive Ear Surgery and treated me for Menieres in my right ear. I’m a new person and hearing restored. I cannot even begin to explain how comfortable and happy I am in his care. Truly a blessing in his field of expertise.
Lisa Gornay-Lutz in Pearl River, NY – Jun 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Hi my name is Ed Nahm I've had Menieres disease for over 20 years. It causes major hearing lose over time . I have lost 90% of my hearing. Dr. Levenson Restored my hearing with a cochlear implant. Dr. Levenson , was to good to be true he is one of the most remarkable persons I have ever met. He hides nothing and explains everything so you can understand him
Ed Nahm in Ballston Spa, NY – Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Levenson?