Dr. Mark Levenson, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 74

Dr. Mark Levenson, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Saratoga Springs, NY. Dr. Levenson has more experience with Otologic Conditions & Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Albany Medical Center Hospital and Saratoga Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Levenson to book an appointment.

Dr. Levenson

Saratoga Hospital Medical Group - Ear, Nose & Throat

3050 ROUTE 50 Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Telehealth services available

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Levenson

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Levenson treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Levenson treats other conditions, please contact the office at (518) 587-2300.

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Levenson treats at a

frequency compared to similar providers

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Anosmia
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Ataxia
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery With Navigational System
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision of Facial Bone
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Frenectomy
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Mastoidectomy
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Otitis Media
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Rhinoseptoplasty
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sinusitis
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Levenson accepts

Dr. Levenson accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
Blue Priority (Select Network)-NY
Empire (Select Network)-NY POS
National (BlueCard Basic) PPO
National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Shield of Northeastern New York
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
HealthyBlue 2.0

90.47619047619048%
4.761904761904762%
4.761904761904762%

Dr. Levenson?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (38)
  • Explained conditions well (38)
  • Listened & answered questions (38)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
Dr. Levinson performed a radical tympanomastoidectomy on my right ear. After removing all damaging growth, he was able to craft a bone from cartilage which was destroyed by the cholesteatoma and attach a titanium prosthesis to it to improve my hearing. My hearing improved immediately after the surgery and all cholesteatoma had been removed which was quite extensive. He was thorough in his explanation of the procedure, answered all my questions to satisfaction, and highly skillful at his expertise. I would highly recommend Dr. Levinson for those seeking a reliable and skillful ENT specialist.
Donna L. Flagg – Feb 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Dr Levenson surgically removed a cholesteatoma Last year. The surgery was very extensive and hours long This year he rebuilt my whole eardrum and I can happily say that I can hear again. It is like a miracle. Dr Levenson is the absolute best Dr that I have ever had. He is kind and very patient. He takes the time to answer any questions, gives detailed info on all steps and refers you to his website for more detailed info or to answer any questions you may have The whole office in Saratoga NY is an absolute pleasure to visit. I am super excited that I can hear again after two years
James Casey – Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
My daughter has seen many ENTs since being born with ear fluid and conductive hearing loss. She had 6 sets of tubes before finally seeing Dr. Levenson. Each set of tubes would last 6 months or so before working their way out resulting in fluid build up and hearing loss. Dr. Levenson was recommended by another doctor we saw in NYC. He at first recommended a surgeon at Boston Children who specialized in her particular scenario. Imagine a surgeon who cares about his patients and is confident enough to recommend a second opinion! When that procedure didn't take, we returned to Dr. Levenson where he placed my daughter's 7th set of tubes and reconstructed her eardrum. Dr. Levenson's surgery and tubes have lasted 4 years so far and her hearing is perfect. We are so grateful to have found him. He has recently split from the Albany group he was with and we will make the 45 minute drive to Saratoga to continue seeing him.
Sep 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Dr. Levenson surgically removed a cholesteatoma in June 2020 which was rapidly deteriorating the hearing in my right ear. He saved a bone in my middle ear and fashioned a new eardrum which restored my hearing. His expertise and calming demeanor eliminated my anxiety. He repeatedly answered my weekly list of questions and encouraged patience. He is a skillful surgeon who is honest, patient, and caring. What more do you want? I would definitely recommend him.
Deborah – Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Levenson for several years and can't say enough good things about him. He is an outstanding physician and surgeon and is incredibly knowledgeable and thorough. My case was somewhat unusual and complicated and he was able to diagnose and treat my issues using techniques that no other provider in the area are using. His knowledge in his field is uncomparable. Saratoga Springs is lucky to have someone of his caliber working here. I highly recommend him.
Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Dr. Mark Levenson saved my hearing, and possibly more, with his surgical expertise. After another specialist told me to wait and watch my continued hearing loss, Dr. Levenson recognized the need for surgical correction, and I am so grateful. He was able to remove the cholesteatoma, reconstruct the bones and eardrum, and 18 months later, my hearing has been restored to equal that of my other ear. He explained my condition and the surgical procedure in great detail, and in an understandable manner. He is cautious and comprehensive in all of my follow up appointments, and he is gentle but thorough in all of my exams.
Beth D – Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
I have suffered with chronic sinusitis & sinus infections, deviated septum, nasal problems,etc., for many years. Please see Dr. Mark Levenson for an evaluation. He is very kind, caring & an expert in his field. He is the BEST Dr. I have seen in a long time. After a day-surgery procedure, I can finally breath and my symptoms have resolved. His nurses and office staff are very kind. Thank you Dr. Levenson for all you did for me. I wish I met you years ago!
Kathryn Rezendes 8/8/47 – Mar 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
This is the worst Dr I have ever seen and wasted my time with. I was contacted by his office phone hold numerous times requesting all medical records or I would not be able to have the appointment. Records were sent lost and sent again. Finally when I got into see him Dr Levenson said "I have not had the time to review your records". Then looked up my nose and said nothing is wrong with me. I was suffering terribly and went back to Mount Sinai.. Scans were done and was put in for surgery immediately! This Dr do not give me the time of day. I am very sad and sorry I wasted my time with this NON professional..There are many other Drs that are far better.. He us the worst Dr I have ever seen.. Beware!!!
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
JoAnn McMahan – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
I was almost completely deaf in my left ear due bone growth ("surfers ear"?). Dr. Levenson performed surgery on my ear to reduce/eliminate the bone. It was very complicated and I am not sure there is anyone in this area that could have done what he was able to do. He was able to restore my hearing back to normal! I would emphatically recommend Dr. Levenson!
Chris – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Not very good with children. And if you miss an appointment they call CPS.
Carl – Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Dr . Levenson is the best ENT doctor that we have in our area .I am very happy with the results after my sinus surgery , finally I can breath and not getting sick .I received so much good information and felt so well cared.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
I have my hearing Back!! Thank you Dr. Levenson for giving me back my hearing. I will always tell others if they ever want to hear because you can't he is the Doctor to see. For all those who think it's the end of hearing!! Not so!! Make an appointment to see this Phenomenal Doctor! Dr. Levenson
Margaret Rosenthal – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
My name is Lisa Gornay-Lutz and all I can say is he is the BEST. I have been a patient of Dr. Levenson’s for over 30 years. One of the most brilliant doctors I have ever been treated by. He has been blessed and gifted with miraculous hands. Very professional, thorough and compassionate with his care. He explains everything in detail. I travel three hours from Rockland County just to be seen by him. If anyone reads this review and is looking for the best of the best for an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist, please reach out to Dr. Levenson. You won’t be disappointed. He did two major surgeries on my left ear, Cholesteatoma and Reconstructive Ear Surgery and treated me for Menieres in my right ear. I’m a new person and hearing restored. I cannot even begin to explain how comfortable and happy I am in his care. Truly a blessing in his field of expertise.
Lisa Gornay-Lutz in Pearl River, NY – Jun 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Hi my name is Ed Nahm I've had Menieres disease for over 20 years. It causes major hearing lose over time . I have lost 90% of my hearing. Dr. Levenson Restored my hearing with a cochlear implant. Dr. Levenson , was to good to be true he is one of the most remarkable persons I have ever met. He hides nothing and explains everything so you can understand him
Ed Nahm in Ballston Spa, NY – Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Wonderful. He saved my life. Repaired a Fistula and my balance was restored. Excellent surgeon.
Kathy in Bayonne, NJ – Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Dr. Levenson did the surgery for me to have a bone anchored hearing aid. He could not have been more kind and professional. He sets a standard other doctors should strive towards. High bar indeed!
mary roach in troy , NY – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
I just had a stapendecty four weeks ago. Dr. Levenson was great. Hearing is good. So glad I was in such good hands. Highly recommend him. Thank you Dr. Levenson and a big thank you to your team at Saratoga hospital
Geri Geruso in Greenfield center, NY – Jul 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
I was sent to Dr. Levenson on the recommendation of another doctor. Having lost nearly all hearing in one ear, I thought I was needing to wear hearing aids but surgery corrected my problem. I now have nearly full hearing recovery. In addition to surgery, his instructions on ear care has made a big difference in maintaining and even improving my ability to hear. I can also say he explained procedures and care on a level I could understand, pointing out outcomes if I did or did not follow through.
May 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Greatest! Really cared and my surgury was areal sucess. Thanks doc!
Anthony DB – Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?
Very satisfied with the advise and results from my surgery and my overall care from Dr Levenson.
Gerard Nolan in Saratoga Springs – Feb 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Levenson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Levenson?

provide the highest level of care in treating and caring for patients with prolbems in my specialty of ear nose and throat ,sinus surgery and my subspecialty...Read more

• Ear, Nose, and Throat