Dr. Mark Kligman, MD

Critical Care Surgery ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Kligman

Univ Maryland Med Ctr Surgery

22 S Greene St Fl 6 Baltimore, MD 21201

Dr. Mark Kligman, MD is a critical care surgery specialist in Baltimore, MD and has been practicing for 33 years. He graduated from Wayne State University School Of Medicine in 1986 and specializes in critical care surgery.

Dr. Kligman accepts

Dr. Kligman accepts the following insurance:

Select
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check if Dr. Kligman treats your condition or procedure

4.1

Dr. Kligman?
Dr. Kligman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Kligman, MD
Dr Kligman LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE. I was not looking for a Bariatric Surgeon, per se, but was recommended by another surgeon. I have to thank the lovely LaToya, who moved heaven and earth to get me in to see him. I had had several hospitalizations for the same issue for six months. I was constantly nauseous and in constant pain, but the “surgeons” in Howard County were too afraid, and too lazy to perform the surgery. I ended up going to DC to a clinic, and had to jump through hoop after hoop, never meeting the surgeon. I was immediately impressed with Dr.Kligman’s demeanour and take charge attitude. He reviewed my CT scans and immediately took charge of us, and the situation. I was in surgery within 24 hours.The surgery was successful!! I’m dealing with a small complication, NOT HIS FAULT, and Trisha is taking excellent care of me! Alex, the Nutritionist is wonderful too! Dr. K has one of the best teams I’ve ever seen. I will RECOMMEND him to everyone!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
Dr. Kligman is my surgeon . He preformed my gastric by pass surgery in 2008. I have also had 2 hernia repairs and Ehd study’s with him through the last 11 years . He very confident and doesn take chances with his patients . He very knowledgeable ! I have total confidence in him .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
I can't say enough about how wonderful dr. Kligman and his team are. I am so pleased with my new life. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
I chose Dr Kligman for his expertise and his ability to explain that what I was embarking on was serious and life changing. I appreciated his frankness and how he stressed that I would be responsible for my outcome. I did what he asked and had no adverse reactions and reached my goal weight. I came off my diabetes medications and am able to exercise without pain. The staff is remarkable and I love that we still have a home with them for support and education. I highly recommend the program!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
Dr. Kligman saved my life. I went from being a depressed 294 lb woman who only wanted to eat and sleep to a 169 woman with a ton of energy! I run 2-3 times a week and kickboxing 3 times a week. I’m nearly 40 and in the best shape of my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
I had the best care from Dr.Kligman and his associates.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
Dr. Kligman did my surgery over 5 years ago. He put together an education program that prepared me for life after bariatric surgery. His staff have always been there to answer questions and provide guidance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
????? He and his team are wonderful!! They went the extra mile for me and I am forever grateful. Five stars!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
Dr Kligman's entire team was fantastic. I appreciated his frankness and 'tough love' approach. He helped me change my life and was up front about it being a tool to use in a lifetime of healthy choices. I recommend him to anyone and everyone I talk to about my experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
Dr. Kligman is so knowledgeable and good at what he does. He performed my Bariatric surgery as well as my Gallbladder removal because I trusted him so much. I have been under his care for 3 years now and am so happy to have found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
I was highly confident in the success of my procedure because of the expertise of Dr. Kligman and his team. My recovery was as expected and I am meeting my targeted weight loss. And as a result of my surgery, I have no symptoms of Diabetes 2, High blood pressure, or cholesterol.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
Dr. Kilagman is a great surgeon. His staff made sure I was well informed of all the options and problems that could occur after surgery. I did 6 months of classes glad I did. When I was in the hospital and stayed an extra day Dr. Kilagman could have sent his team to check on me but he came hisself and it was his surgery day. That speaks volumes to me that as his patient he wanted to personally check on me. I am so happy and thankful he did my surgery, I am happy with the healing and results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
About 5 years ago I had gastric bypass. I wasn't informed that 80% of patients develop alcoholism after the surgery and later in life. I feel like, had I been informed, i would have rather stayed a fat guy than lose my job, car, freedom (after wrecking my car and getting a dui)....but hey trade one addiction for addict other ifriends that sounds fun to you. Just know it's not necessarily a good life... but when you lack self confidence you will do just about anything I guess.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
Dr. Kligman and his staff are great at what they do. I live about an hour away from UMMC but specifically chose to use him because of his reputation. He can be direct at times but he is honest and will tell you what you NEED to hear. His staff of RNs and dietitians are extremely helpful and available throughout the process. They helped me begin losing weight months before my surgery and have been with me every step since. I highly recommend Dr Kligman and his staff. They saved my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?
I think Dr. Kligman is an excellent surgeon and has always been open to discussing my condition and alternative treatments. I've found him to be very honest and open. He takes a very straight forward approach to medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kligman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kligman?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kligman treats patients.