Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD

Pain Medicine ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Kaplan

Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Worcester, MA and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from New York Medical College in 1990 and specializes in pain medicine and spinal cord injury medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Kaplan accepts

Dr. Kaplan accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Kaplan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kaplan's Top Procedures and Conditions

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Kaplan treats Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Kaplan treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Sciatica as Seen in Rheumatoid Arthritis

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

74.19354838709677%

Dr. Kaplan?
Dr. Kaplan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD
Dr. Kaplan is not a man of many words. But, I never felt rushed, & he answers all questions. He helps my pain w/out pills. His injections are a blessing. Cheryl S., Fitchburg.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD?
Todays visit with this man was horrible. After waking up at 4:30am and spending hours just to get my father screaming in pain to the car in order to make this appointment with him he walked in and spent a matter of 5 minutes with us. He Poked my dad twice in the back and asked his pain level. After describing a pain level of 10 he said he could nothing for him before leaving the room. The man didnt even have the common decency to validate our parking. He should be ashamed to consider himself Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD?
Honestly, this secretary is trash, the nurses are trash and the doctor is trash. The nurses must be local because they act how one would think someone from Worcester would act. They were aggressive, unapologetic and plain ignorant. Do not blame your patients for your own mistakes. Clearly these "nurses" or whatever they would like to call themselves, were smart enough to pass college however not intelligent enough to apply the information. Great job passing some tests, now learn to be a nurse.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD?
Worst experience. Made an appt. through the phone with a secretary from the office. I was told I needed an appt. in 24 hours. This would have been my first appointment. Although he has negative reviews on many medical sites, I decided to give him a chance. Avoid this office at all costs, these two "secretaries" made a mistake and scheduled me on a day when the doctor was sick, then tried to blame me due to their faulty scheduling system. "Central scheduling" is not a patients problem. No apology
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD?
If I could leave a 0, I would. Dr. Kaplan is horrible. And then some. High (low) points: Most importantly, he does NOT look at the big picture. He prescribed PT without any pain management to endure the PT and back pain until PT helps. He told me to go to my primary care doctor for that. He should have done BOTH. He spent maybe 5 minutes with me. He did NOT listen to me. Brick wall. He had asked me to bring in information and did not m look at it. He barely looked me in the eye. NOT good.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD?
I wish I could give negative stars. He is INCREDIBLY condescending, arrogant and disrespectful. I was unfortunately unable to see my current Orthopedic Surgeon due to my insurance, and after an injury, I had to see Dr. Kaplan. I wasn't in the appointment for 5 minutes, before he was done. Never checked an x-ray, MRI, nothing. He's a joke. Did trigger point injections to shut me up... didn't work. Pain is 10x worse.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD?
I read negative reviews and was worried. My PCP responded by saying, “Yes, but he his is very skilled with doing spinal injections. “ That was exactly what I needed and was okay with relying on colleagues and the internet for background information. I am very pleased with the outcome of my spinal injection yesterday. I am feeling much better than I have felt in 6 weeks. If you know what you want and desire to get it done quickly and accurately, Dr. Mark Kaplan deserves consideration and respect.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD?
This guy walk in and with out even talking to me or looking at my x-rays said I am going to give you a prescription call me back in a week I called him back had to leave a message he never called me back..I asked him if he looked at my x-ray he said no they only show bones really .....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD?
He came into the room and spent 5 minutes and did x-rays. i had to call 2 days later to get the results and was told they were normal. I went to a chiropractor since I was still in a lot of pain and they showed me where my spine was out of alignment in 4 places. I am dissappointed with what I got out of the visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD?
I have been a nurse for 12 years. I went to see Dr. Kaplan for pain in my back related to a car accident. I was shocked when I didn't even get an assessment. He was quick to say lets give you a shot. Then left the room and never came back. The appointmemt was all of 5 minutes which will cost myself and insurance $300 im sure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD?
The injection that Dr. Kaplan gave me changed my life. I thought I would need surgery, but with his treatment followed by physical therapy my life changed. Excellent at what he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD?
Wait Time an communication are very important things to me with Doctors. Failed at both. Saw me for five minutes and walked out of the room saying he was going to set me up with a shot. I think he is coming back with the injection I wait another 15 mins. Nurse comes in tells me I'm all set. I have to set up another appointment for a shot. Tired of the way specialists do business. Its a scam and disrespectful to people's time and conditions
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Kaplan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kaplan?

Compare Providers