Dr. Mark Hutchinson, MD

Dr. Mark Hutchinson, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Individualized and elite level care for musculoskeletal injuries due to accidents, oversuse, work, and athletic and fitness activities from recreational to elite level.

Dr. Mark Hutchinson, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Hutchinson is affiliated with University of Illinois Hospital and Health Science System.

Dr. Hutchinson's Experience

See how Dr. Hutchinson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hutchinson

Dr. Hutchinson accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hutchinson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hutchinson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hutchinson to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Hutchinson's Performance
North Chicago, IL |
Acts like he couldn't wait to get you out of the office and doesn't want to help you get back. I wait at least 45 minutes every time I see him and my appointments with him are "long" if they last more than 5 minutes. I've seen many doctors in the area (right next to UIC, in fact) and they all have the same opinion....the only one disagreeing is Hutchinson. If you can go anywhere else I would.
Chicago, IL |
I have had an incredible experience with Dr. Hutchinson. From my first visit, to my last visit, he has been caring and professional. I have had many doctors over my lifetime and I put him at the top of the list. He takes the time to answer my questions, and explain things in a way that I can understand. If I had to have another surgery, I would want him to be my doctor.
in Chicago, IL |
Great care! Friendly and his staff is great!
excellent dr.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Hutchinson gives very good feedback, and he is always looking out for the patient in his or her best interest.
in Chicago, IL |
i've had an excellence experience coming to this office, the Dr.'s and the staff are friendly and informative.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Hutchinson is very professional and knowledgeable, with a terrific bedside manner. I've seen him three times and have steadily improved my function, mobility, and pain!
in Chicago, IL |
Very timely to the needs of the patients. Respectful and understandable of their needs.
in Chicago, IL |
I came to the UIC sports medicine clinic because I had suffered a fall on ice in mid December. I was in so much pain. Upon arrival I was happy to see how kind the front desk staff was. Even though I got lost and missed my appointment time Dr. Hutchinson still made time to see me. Yvonne is especially sweet. She treats the patients with care and a smile every time I have seen her. As far as my treatment I feel much better. My left arm which was giving me the most trouble is on the mend.
Chicago, IL |
I received prompt, straightforward attention.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Hutchinson's bedside manner is very reassuring, and he has been very good at explaining the process throughout the way.
in Chicago, IL |
my experience with Dr. Hutchinson has very good. I have seen him for multiple injuries and he did handle them very well. and I know that he is a very valued doctor in athletics, so I know that im in good hands.
in FLOSMOOR, IL |
COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER. CLEARLY AN EXPERT IN HIS FIELD. UIHEALTH IS FORTUNATE TO HAVE HIM.
in Chicago, IL |
My experience has been great! Follow up appointments have been positive.
in Chicago, IL |
we were referred here and very pleased. Great service all around from Dr. to staff
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Hutchinson is very thorough and direct when it comes to determining and narrowing down the issue. I appreciate a Doctor who is knowledgeable, experience and who listens to his patients. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hutchinson to family and friends who have knee injuries.
in Chicago, IL |
Optimal, he has a very good staff. As a teaching doctor, he basically has all the answers to any of your questions.
in Chicago, IL |
I don't have much to go off of since I haven't had any results or anything given to me yet, however it is convenient that the MRI I had done was able to be received and read just a few days later. I will know more once I have the results and next steps!
in Chicago, IL |
I would recommend him because he has a vast knowledge of my injury, he's punctual and has been a very big help with my owcp claim.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Hutchinson is great. He helped me with my injury and gave me recommendations to get better and faster back on the court.
in Elmhurst, IL |
Dr. Hutchinson was very pleasant, knowledgeable, and helped me get past my injury. The staff was nice. I am very happy he is my doctor.
in Oak Lawn, IL |
Dr. Hutchinson performed an ACL reconstruction on me. I asked him if he removed any of my meniscus and he explicitly said no. After 7 months of rehab, my leg was stronger, but the persistent pain, swelling, and instability in my knee seemed abnormal. I followed up with Dr. Hutchinson, and he said I was fine. I looked elsewhere. After receiving a second opinion from a renowned Ortho, I found out my ACL graft had failed, and that Dr. Hutchinson lied and had in fact removed my meniscus.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Hutchinson, MD?
Are you Dr. Hutchinson?

Compare Dr. Hutchinson

Dr. Hutchinson's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hutchinson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

• Best Doctor's awards, 5 years
    • Over 100 books, chapters, and peer reviewed articles and hundreds of international, national, and local presentations on a wide range of topics in sports medicine and the management of musculoskeletal injuries

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hutchinson's Board Certifications

• Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Leg Pain

Kentucky Sports Medicine

Completed in 1993

University of Illinois

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Hutchinson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hutchinson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine