Dr. Mark Hollmann, MD

Dr. Mark Hollmann, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Mark Hollmann, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Orange City, FL. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Hollmann is affiliated with Florida Hospital Fish Memorial and Florida Hospital Deland.

1053 Medical Center Dr Ste 101

Orange City, FL 32763

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • American Republic
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Hollmann

See how frequently Dr. Hollmann performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Runner's Knee
Knee Surgery
Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Hollmann's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hollmann "As Medical Director for the Total joint program at Florida Hospital deland and Head Team Physician for Stetson University, I am a proponent of getting patients actively involved in both the pre -operative assessment and post -operative care. An informed and motivated patient is critical to a full return to activity."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• U Fla Jacksonville Hlth Sci Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Jewett Orth Clin Sport Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Hollmann has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hollmann does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hollmann and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hollmann's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hollmann to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Hollmann Says:

I find it interesting that I have been criticized for not performing surgery when I did not feel it was indicated. Any surgeon can schedule surgery but if the indications are not there it will not be successful. As one of the highest volume knee surgeons in the State of Florida I will not schedule what I believe to be unnecessary surgery.

I would encourage all patients to ask your...

Dr. Hollmann's Performance
in Deland, FL |
In 2015 I had a painful knee that regularly locked up with a feeling like something was popped out of place. Hollman said he couldn't tell what was wrong unless he examined it when it was locked up. He started me on exercises which made it worse. After about 5 appointments it was locked up at one appointment. He refused to examine it and admitted he didn't know what was wrong. What a quack! Another doctor diagnosed me with a torn meniscus, which is very easy to diagnose by a good doctor.
in Deland, FL |
Dr Hollman is an excellent surgeon. Both my husband and teenage son have had surgeries with him. Excellent care both times and we would highly recommend him. His office staff is also great.
Deltona, FL |
I also found him to be arrogant and totally lacking in patient care. He took one look at my knee, jabbed it and said throw away the knee brace. It's your back. I'm scheduled to see a real doctor soon.
Vero Beach, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hollmann's through the Florida Orthopaedic Associates Deland office for over 3 years. Dr. Hollmann performed my total knee revision (replacement) last year, and I was back to work with a cane after 3 weeks. I choose Dr. Hollmann after much research and firmly believe he is one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the area (understand, I drive 2 hours one way to see this medical professional). I highly recommend Dr. Hollmann.
in Palm Coast, FL |
Dr Hollmann is an awesome doctor. He replaced my right knee three years ago and from meeting with him for consultation all the way through the procedure to the end I always knew that I was in good hands . His knowledge and qualifications gave me peace of mind knowing that I made the right choice for the right doctor to replace my knee. Even though I have to travel an hour to see Dr Hollman I am now in the process of scheduling for him to replace my other knee. highly recommend!!!
in Flagler beach FL |
He is absolutely finest doctor I have ever been to. I've had a total knee replacement on both legs. Surgeries were perfect and recovery time optimal. He is a world-class surgeon.I have sent several of my friends to him for total knee replacements all or very very satisfactory and satisfied. He was the orthopedic surgeon for the 2008 men's and women's US Olympic basketball teams. He is the orthopedic surgeon for all the sports teams at Stetson University. He is an All-American basketball player.
in deltona, fl |
I had a total hip replacement in 2015 and a total knee replacement in 2017. Doctor Hollmann performed both surgeries, flawlessly. I did research prior to my surgeries, including speaking to existing patients of his. Everyone I spoke to said he was the best there was at this type of surgery. I now share that same opinion. I have had very few issues with the procedures and the elimination of daily pain has been a blessing. I highly recommend Dr. Hollmann, Henry, and his staff.
in Deltona |
I've now had two surgeries by Dr. Hollmann and each time I was extremely well cared for. His knowledge and skill are second to none! I highly recommend Dr. Hollmann to anyone and would have him take care of any of my family members!
in Deltona , Fl |
I am 18 days post total knee replacement. I know it's early yet but Dr. Hollmann and his staff are excellent. I was walking with cane 4days post surgery. Didn't need my walker. Also wonderful experience at Fl Hospital DeLand. I think De Hollmann is the bee's knees lol Lorraine Miller retired RN
in deltona, florida |
Doctor Hollman repaired my knee, all 3 issues, in about 30 minutes. I was up and walking around that same day with little discomfort and back to work two days later. virtually no down time at all.
in Deltona, FL |
Had a total hip replacement done at Florida Hospital Deland in March 2016. Excellent results and only had to remain in hospital overnight. Superior surgeon.
in Deltona, FL |
I would not recommend this doctor because he doesn't provide personalized care. That office is mass production and he jumps from one office to another establishing no rapport with patients. He even forgot me and didn't finish the consultation. Awful office to go.
in deland fl |
I would recommend Dr. Hollmann to anyone in need. I have not had surgery yet but he is the guy to do it...when the time comes. He does however inject my knees and it is the best technique ever! He is skilled and a straight shooter..... I am a nurse ..I want someone who tells me like it is....
in DeLand, FL |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Hollmann to a friend or family member! Very professional, excellent at what he does, answered all of my questions and made me feel much better.
in Deltona Fl |
3 years of great care from Dr. Hollmann and his staff.
in Deltona, FL |
Dr. Hollmann is considered one of the best Knee surgeons in my area. Before my operation I probably met at least 6 people that had their TKR surgery done by him or knew someone that did. I have yet to meet anyone that was not satisfied with his work. My knee replacement surgery went really well and by 8 weeks post-op I was walking a mile every morning and have my life back. I can't thank Dr Hollman and the staff of the Florida Orthopeadic Associates enough...
in Orlando, FL |
I went to see Dr. Hollmann for a torn ACL. He came into the room, disregarded any of my concerns and put me in physical therapy. After a month of pointless therapy, I went back to see this arrogant M.D. He refused surgery and did not listen to any of my symptoms- merely told me that since I'm not an athlete there was no sense in doing a surgery. I would not recommend this guy to anyone. Seek other Drs before you waste your time. FYI: 2nd opinion: ruptured ACL wth surgery next week.
It is easy to offer what could be considered unnecessary surgery. Having done this for 25 years it sometimes a better option to recommend against surgery which is what I did in this case. Most patients are pleased that I don't rush into surgery.
in Debary, FL |
I had surgery for a torn meniscus and was still in considerable pain 3 months after surgery. I made an appointment to see Dr. Hollmann. He came into the examination room, never asked me what my symptoms were, never examined my knee (knee and calf were swollen), he simply said it's your back...not your knee. He wanted me to make an appt. with a back doctor in his practice. Instead, I went to another orthopedic doctor. He took xrays, gave me a shot of cortisone and all is well.
in Deland, FL |
I really liked Dr. Hollmann. He's helped me with two issues, a torn meniscus in my left knee and a frozen shoulder. He explains things well, is efficient and very kind. I've recommended him to someone else who also needed the meniscus surgery and they liked him as well. He's very busy, because he's very good. Worth a visit.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Hollmann, MD?

Visit Dr. Hollmann