Dr. Mark Heitner, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 64

Dr. Heitner

"I've been a patient of Dr. Heitner's for 4 yrs. The doctor I was seeing prior (3yrs), was inexperienced. I knew at my 1st appt w/ Dr. Heitner that he was exactly what I was needed. He goes above and beyond for his patients. For me, he provided books, lifestyle habits, etc. that he encourages me to try, so that I stay proactive about the underlying issues. He clearly explains pros/cons and alt's to any medication we consider. He even brainstorms solutions for current problems & helps solve them."

Read Review

"Dr Heitner is insightful, able to read between the lines, and caring. I was dealing with depression and anxiety after a breakup. The monthly sessions and medication have helped me get my feet back under me and see my options more clearly. He gives clear and actionable feedback. I appreciate Dr Heitner for sharing his insights as well as practical suggestions for living my best life."

Read Review

Dr. Heitner's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Heitner, MD
RecentMost Helpful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Heitner, MD?
Very happy with the care I received from Dr. Heitner. He is a great listener and always seems to ask the right questions to really help you hone in on the issue.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Heitner, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Heitner for almost 5 years and I highly recommend him. He has a wealth of knowledge- both in medicine and professionally in general. Dr. Heitner will always offer practical, straight forward steps/advice to treatment or living a better life in general. Some people have a tendency to overcomplicate life's challenges and if you're one of them, Dr. Heitner's rational, step-by-step feedback is very helpful. In all, I highly recommend him and will continue seeing him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Heitner, MD?
I have met with Dr. Heitner for a little over a year now with exceptional results. His initial diagnosis of depression was right on. We discussed a number of different medications and decided on one with the idea we would try another if we did not see the results we were looking for. I honestly feel better than I have in years! I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Heitner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Heitner, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Heitner?

Dr. Mark Heitner, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Burlingame, CA and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University in 1980 and specializes in psychiatry and pediatric psychiatry.

• Psychiatry

Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University
1987
1980

Dr. Heitner accepts

Dr. Heitner accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Heitner's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Heitner performs Psychiatric Evaluation more than 15% of his peers

Dr. Heitner performs this procedure more than 15% of his peers

Dr. Heitner's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Medication Management
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation