Dr. Mark Hatch, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Mark Hatch, MD
I am originally from Murray, Utah. I spent 10 years on the east coast training in orthopedic surgery and specializing in shoulder and elbow surgery. I am married and have three wonderful children. I truly love my job and enjoy taking care of patients. It is such a wonderful opportunity to go to work each day knowing that I am making a difference in people's lives by allowing them to return to their sport, job, and family activities. I love all outdoor activities, especially baseball, golf, skiing (water and ski), wake boarding, and kiteboarding.

Dr. Hatch's Care Philosophy

My goal is to deliver truly patient-centered care. I go about this by making myself as accessible as possible and listening to what is going on. I'm not interested in just operating. I want to find a solution to my patient's problems whether they be operative (with any number of innovative techniques) or nonoperative (through physical therapy). Ultimately, I work with each individual patient to come up with the appropriate solution taking into account their life situation and goals. Whether it is returning to a competitive professional sport, getting back to work, or throwing the ball around with the kids, I am a partner in the process.

Dr. Hatch's Experience

See how Dr. Hatch's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hatch

Dr. Hatch accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Hatch is now accepting new patients
Jordan Valley Medical Center3584 W 9000 S Ste 405
West Jordan, UT 84088
(801) 568-3480Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hatch has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hatch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hatch to family and friends
Dr. Hatch's Performance
in West Jordan, UT |
Our experience with Dr Hatch was excellent in every way. He treated my son's broken arm in the ER and came in immediately and quickly re-aligned it. He saved my son's summer with a water proof cast. This made us all very happy. He was very responsive with follow up questions and very helpful with scheduling. He is extremely professional and very kind and great with adults and kids.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Hatch is great. He spent time making sure all my questions were answered and was great with my son.
in west jordan, utah |
Dr. Hatch is so kind and helped us deal with a broken clavical on our 3 yr. Old. Getting an appointment was easy and I called in with a question and he got back to me within a few hours! Nice office and a wonderful doctor!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
My experience with Dr. Hatch was outstanding, he's brilliant ! Extremely approachable and gives full access to his patients. I had many concerns about my injury. Even though he was not on call, his service contacted him and he returned a call to me late on a Saturday evening (priceless). Although his bio is very impressive and is listed with US NEWS and World Report as a leader in his field, it was his warmth and genuine compassion that let me know he was the best doctor for me.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Went to Dr Hatch after my daughter broke her leg. Was referred by Jordan Valley hospital. Was able to get in quickly, friendly staff.
in Taylorsville |
I went to a number of Dr. and you were the only one who took the steps to fix my knee or femur problem. I would be glad to refer you to anyone I am in contact with.
in Taylorsville UT |
Dr Hatch took care of my 3 year-old little girl when she broke her arm. Awesome with kids, and helped her feel comfortable when she was getting the cast put on. Would HIGHLY recommend him. The staff is awesome as well...
in PLEASANT GROVE |
Dr Hatch, was extremely helpful and very informative regarding my diagnosis, he took the time to listen and was able to diagnose the problem that I have been having for the past 3 years, he follow up with suggestions on what to do after the visit and how to improve and better my diagnosis. He also followed up with an email with information regarding my condition and next steps that i would need to take if my condition did not improve. I would definitely recommend him.
Herriman, UT |
I met Dr Hatch through the emergency room for an injury that required surgery. He was very professional and took the time to answer all of my questions. I have had a great outcome and am very pleased with his care and surgical work.
in Midvale, UT |
Dr. Hatch got me in right away and was able to help diagnose my injury quickly. He was able to give me a plan to get back to healthy that has worked great. He is friendly and I could tell he genuinely cared. I would recommend Dr. Hatch to anyone!
in Riverton, Utah |
I met Dr. Hatch by chance and was not sure what to expect from him. Several office visits and shoulder surgery later, I have grown to have great confidence in his care. He repaired what was almost a hopeless situation with my shoulder and I couldn't be happier. Dr. Hatch always spends the time to explain things in a way i can understand. I am grateful to have been under his care!
in Taylorsville, UT |
I went to see Dr. Hatch this past Monday and I really enjoyed my visit. The Office staff is great and very professional. Dr. Hatch is amazing.
in Sandy, UT |
Great Doctor.Takes time and explains in a simple manner to understand.Everyone from front desk through X-Ray Technicians and Nurses to Doctor is kind and helpful.
in Riverton, UT |
Dr. Hatch is very good at what he does, I went to see him because of some issues with my shoulder, I have had other doctors give me shots in the joint, the difference is that Dr. Hatch takes the time to sonogram the joint so he knows were to do the injection, I think this made a huge difference in the fast relief I felt.
in West Jordan, UT |
Dr. Hatch was the ER doctor when I broke my ankle in 3 places. He immediately put me at ease. His bedside manner was very comforting and professional. He set my ankle that night and operated the following morning. All the nurses and physical therapists spoke very highly of Dr. Hatch. He was approachable, caring and very positive in all my dealings with him. I would recommend him highly to anyone who needs an orthopedic surgeon.
in Provo, UT |
Dr. Hatch is fellowship trained and highly professional with a caring and genuine focus on a successful outcome for the patient. My broken shoulder could have been handled through surgery but we were able to succeed without surgery through Dr. Hatch's knowledge and physical therapy. Just a great experience.
in South Jordan, UT |
From the moment we met Dr. Hatch in the ER to the day the cast came off he was wonderful to work with! He took great care of our young daughter and her broken arm. It was really amazing to watch his expertise as he put her arm back together. Each follow up appointment was just as nice. Our daughter loved seeing Dr Hatch and still talks about him regularly. His staff was just as caring and easy to work with. Thank you!!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I would highly recommend Dr. Hatch. He was easy to talk to, explained the procedure, and told me what to expect. His follow up care has been thorough, and any concerns I have had have been addressed quickly.
in West Valley City, UT |
Youth tempered with experience gives you a Dr. who is in his prime. This how I would describe Dr. Hatch, In his prime. He is new enough to be on the cutting edge of procedures. Experienced enough to accurately diagnose injuries, and handle difficulties that may arise during surgery. I have been very satisfied with my entire experience with Dr. Hatch and would recommend him to anyone in need of orthopedic care.
West Jordan, UT |
Dr Hatch performed shoulder surgery on my mother in law. She has had a terrific recovery and Dr Hatch has provided great medical care.
in West Jordan, UT |
Dr. Hatch is easy to talk to, and answers questions in an appropriate manner. I was impressed that he called our home the day after surgery to check on my son to see how he was doing. I also have been impressed with the contact from Dr. Hatch, via email, to keep us informed and to chart my son's progress.
in Riverside, Alabama |
I am confident that the surgery performed on my daughter,Sarah, could not have need more precise. He was able to implant three plates with screws-avoiding any joint or nerve damage. I know Dr. Hatch was an answer to many prayers during surgery Also, he could not have been more kind and understanding while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
in South Jordan, UT |
Very accommodating dealing with my fathers fractured arm. His "bedside" manner is excellent.
in West Jordan, UT |
Dr. Hatch, Words cannot describe how grateful we are for you. Thank you for taking such great care of my husband. You have a special gift as a surgeon and as a person!!
in West Jordan, UT |
He treated me for a fractured humorous (shoulder) bone. He was very friendly, personable and helpful. He is very thorough and trustworthy. He was not rushed and took plenty of time with me, showing me exercises and tips on how to recover better. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Lehi, UT |
Dr. Hatch is Amazing! The knowledge he has is incredible, he is also very personable, he took the time time to explain the surgery in great detail which eased the worries I was feeling. The day after my surgery, Dr. Hatch is the one who called me to see how I was feeling, ( that just doesn't happen anymore) to me that shows I was not just another number. I would recommend him to everyone.
in South Jordan, UT |
He gave a thorough exam, showed me my x-rays and explained the results and answered all my questions. It was a good experience.
in Salt Lake City Utah |
He was able to answer all my questions and made me feel confident about how I will be able to recover with out surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Hatch, MD?
Are you Dr. Hatch?

Compare Dr. Hatch

Dr. Hatch says...

I am originally from Murray, Utah.  I spent 10 years on the east coast training in orthopedic surgery and specializing in shoulder and elbow surgery.  I am married and have three wonderful children.  I truly love my job and enjoy taking care of patients.  It is such a wonderful opportunity to go to work each day knowing that I am making a difference in people's lives by allowing them to return to their sport, job, and family activities.

Dr. Hatch's Care Philosophy

My goal is to deliver truly patient-centered care.  I go about this by making myself as accessible as possible and listening to what is going on.  I'm not interested in just operating.  I want to find a solution to my patient's problems whether they be operative (with any number of innovative techniques) or nonoperative (through physical therapy).  Ultimately, I work with each individual patient to come up with the appropriate solution taking into account their life situation and goals.  Whether it is returning to a competitive professional sport, getting back to work, or throwing the ball around with the kids, I am a partner in the process.

Dr. Hatch says...

I care for patients with orthopedic conditions around the shoulder including arthritis, instability (e.g. dislocations), rotator cuff tears, labral tears, biceps disease.  My goal is to listen to my patients and together find the appropriate solution for their problem, whether it be surgical or nonsurgical including physical therapy and rehabilitation.  If my patient's aren't satisifed I'm not satisfied.

I have specialized training in shoulder injuries and diseases.  I completed the Harvard Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship which included time working with world renowned surgeons Dr. J.P. Warner and Dr. Laurence Higgins in Boston, as well as a traveling fellowship to France where I worked with two world-famous shoulder surgeons, Dr. Pascal Boileau and Dr. Laurent Lafosse.  I have published articles and book chapters related to total shoulder and reverse total shoulder replacements, as well as shoulder instability.

It would be my pleasure to care for you and your family.

Dr. Hatch says...

I perform a  wide-range of orthopedic surgeries including fractures in a variety of areas of the body (hip, knee, ankle, hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder).  I specialize in procedures around the shoulder and elbow.  A few examples of the most common procedure include:

Shoulder arthritis is treated with the total shoulder arthroplasty (replacement) and reverse total shoulder using the newest technology, including the new stemless technique.

Shoulder injuries and rotator cuff tears are treated with the all-arthroscopic technique using anchors for the best repair possible.

Shoulder instability is treated with arthroscopic (small-incisions and camera) technique and when necessary the Latarjet procedure.

I have expertise in all procedures involving the shoulder and elbow including the clavicle, scapula, and humerus.

Dr. Hatch's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Adhesive Capsulitis

Completed in 2016

Brigham Young University

Graduated in 2006

• Portuguese

Dr. Hatch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hatch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery